It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeAnna Price: First Place, Standing Next to the Woke Olympian

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The woman you can see smiling proudly on the top podium next to the protesting athlete (recently in the headlines) had just thrown the farthest any woman had launched a hammer since 1985, and taken the record for second longest hammer throw in the world. In my opinion, knowing this makes the tantrum thrown by the third place winner who wanted to make the moment all about herself so much worse.

DeAnna Price is all class, has worked through multiple injuries to achieve her goals, and I am definitely rooting her on! She's favored to take the gold. My brother works with her mom and, according to my bro and sis in law, the lady is one of the nicest and most thoughtful people they've met. When my sister in law has to spend lengthy time in the hospital, mama Price makes her really big and awesome gift baskets which include books, crosswords, and eye masks, and she bakes birthday Boston Cream pies and such

DeAnna Price's throws were truly amazing that day. I guess I had never watched a hammer throw before; the mechanics are crazy, and it's quite impressive to watch a small cannonball sail through the air. She looks so happy with her accomplishments it's hard not to root for her.

Go DeAnna!

(you can see the woke athlete in the background right as DeAnna finds out her throw took the record (had a little chuckle at this--she doesn't look so happy for her teammate's accomplishments)
edit on 10-7-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

That’s one bad ass lady.
Good for her.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Tell her to bake me a pie and throw it to New Jersey from Colorado.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Thank you for not including the 'Woke' girls name. I don't wanna know her name or what she looks like, or even what she actually did.

DeAnna Price's throws were truly amazing that day. I guess I had never watched a hammer throw before; the mechanics are crazy, and it's quite impressive to watch a small cannonball sail through the air.

I bet that's much much harder than it looks. I've never actually tried, but I doub't I would be able to throw it the exact same direction every time.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

The throws are all deceptive in their difficulty. It's less about the power you bring than it is about how you work that power with the leverage you can bring to bear with your body.

Hammer is impressive. I never tried it, but for a while they trained me as a heptathlete and I competed in a few. I had to learn the shot and javelin for those.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

She could probably launch it to your house from Tokyo

But her family's not from Colorado. My bro's been working and living in St Louis -a mere toss away for that boston cream pie

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

While watching the video in the OP, I was wondering if it was common for them to get a little bit better/further with each throw. I assume that's probably normal, and that they probably get better as each throw stretches their muscles out, and loosens them up a bit more.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It's common with a lot of things because you sort of dial in a little bit each time as you figure out what you need to adjust.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Awesome! I will be pulling for her to bring home the Gold Medal for the USA

I would probably hit myself in the head trying to throw that thing.

As far as the woke idiot not being happy, of course she is not happy.

Like all “woke” Liberals, it’s gotta be all about them, all the time.

Is that the one that had the blue lips and the painted on face and eyebrows that got pissed about the national anthem playing?

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm rooting for her, too! I like the looks of her. Too bad she married her coach and isn't single any more.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I know I couldn’t do it . At family reunions I am banned from lawn darts and horseshoes. Every throw goes straight up in the air , I have struck myself and others.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Holy crap. That is some insane athleticism and strength. Now I can't wait for the Olympics I didn't care before lol

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If one has a hammer , everything is a nail .
Remember that while watching the video .

Or ....
"This part doesn't fit"
"Get a bigger hammer"

edit on 7/10/21 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I doub't I would be able to throw it the exact same direction every time.

This is what I was thinking. She is spinning so fast, I can't imagine how she can keep track of where the target area is! I'm sure I would concuss somebody in the stands.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

I doub't I would be able to throw it the exact same direction every time.

This is what I was thinking. She is spinning so fast, I can't imagine how she can keep track of where the target area is! I'm sure I would concuss somebody in the stands.

I get the impression that it isn't about seeing where it is so much as knowing the process. I go through X routine and then let go and the hammer flies in the right way, more or less.

It's like a high jump approach in that you would practice that over and over and do it the same way each and every time once you find the one that works.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Pretty impressive. Shes pretty thick. But I think its all technique. All that twirling, has to make you dizzy. I wonder if some of them get dizzy and throw it in the wrong direction. Would suck for whoever is standing in the stands.

Check the womens powerlifting, li wenwen. 731 pounds total. Still not close to the mens record, but also pretty impressive. Outside of a few dudes, she would manhandle the average guy in weightlifting easy.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What "WOKE" athlete are you talking about in the background? I didn't see anyone asleep? What did they do and at what point in the video labeled them as such?

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
DeAnna is about to compete!

edit on 31-7-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join