It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ, a mental prison guard.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Panartisis

Your ego is your self-esteem and your belief.

To say that you achieve a mark through your ego means that you only set it because you think/believe you can.

That's not how it works. You don't know for sure how fast, how high, etc., you can go. The only way you can find out is to keep striving for more and better, to keep trying to reach perfection. But no one ever knows where that ceiling is. I don't even know where my ceiling was. I know what marks I achieved, but I can't say for certain if they were the absolute best I was capable of, and when I set every one of them, I had no idea that day would be "the" day. In other words, I didn't go out believing I was going to jump my highest or run my fastest.

You simply go out and do the best you can, just like every day in life. Some days, we exceed our wildest expectations and other days, we stink it up. That's just life, and proof that no one is perfect.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

For humans I think we constantly evolve through stressing our bodies, whether it is mentally physically or spiritually.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

Here's what I got from your 'mightier than thou' OP.

Here's what I got from your 'holier than thou' reply.

Hey, I have an imaginary friend - I struggle with evil thoughts, but as long as I can put the responsibility on Him, I can keep having them and lecture others on how to live, as long as I want!

There are a myriad of prophecies in the Bible that have come to pass, your time is measured by Christs death, there are prophecies happening now, to the letter, meaning prophecy is written outside of time.

Throw mud against a wall, and some of it will stick, buddy...

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Your first line is wrong. It insinuates that man created gods but there were actually gods. Look at the history from every nation that's existed. These beings were not humans masquerading as men and you know as well as anyone else men in power did not simply go around garnishing power by merely speaking of "powerful gods". People saw the power of these god like beings with their own eyes.

Now instead of religion, government uses military might to obtain and maintain control of people.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Plus when you buy drugs... most likely your money is going to kidnappers / sx traffckers / mur der ers .... And that will buy you lots of reaping bad seed.... Or bad karma...

Everybody knows that giving / funding people like that is one of the worst things that you can do....

Stop.

. . .

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

Yeah i was unsure of the what came first so i said "ancients", could have been an ancient pair of Gods, but even the word god has so many meanings. If you say that actual version of Zeus exists then who am i to say no he doesnt, but as far as knowing, i do not, so i speculate, imagine.

sometimes i wonder if everything that is imaginal can exist, the only reason you can imagine it is because it already is, but thats just another theory you know.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Its all PsyOps now, military might is a PsyOp... they are all working of the same script.

the script involves gathering data, creating talking points, observe and make adjustments...

This world is an experiment, as far as i can see just know, either that or the trickster has taken over.

or is it both.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

EA (Enki)
Did this "thoughtform" not evolve into Christ?

Now that is an interesting connection.
First there was the aquafer. Aquafers are physical reality.
Then came wells to draw the fresh living water up. Still physical reality.
Then Enki was credited for all manner of water craft.
In the book of Genesis, Abraham was a major travelling well digger.
Finally Jesus, in the Gospels, is said to be the giver of living water.
but,
Somehow or other it's no longer physical reality. It has become some invisible spirit only quality.

edit on 10-7-2021 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Very interesting thank you. I find there are so many connections between all the religions and myths. Its hard to say how they came about, but then again how do we know how they thought then, their brains would have been wired differently.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Perhaps the Gospel of Judas can be most illuminating, the same going for the other gnostic texts. Essentially all religious institutions are about mass manipulation, even the seemingly benign ones. However, keeping things topical, let's put Christianity under the proverbial microscope:
Incorporates a messianic figure borrowed from such myths as Mithraism and the resurrection of Horus, later assigning his birthdate as December 25, the same as Sol Invictus (the Unconquerable Sun; the Roman's stab at monotheism which even Constantine subscribed to before converting to Christianity on his deathbed - as the story goes);
Fathered by the ethnonationalist war god of the Israelites, Yahweh, who has so many atrocities and genocides committed in his name, it would make Mao Zedong feel inadequate. Scriptures specifically forbidding thoughtcrimes, i.e. coveting, or thoughts against the 'unquestionable' word of God, or rather the purported institutional mouthpiece of this all-creator headed by the theocratic overlords and Pharisees of these Bronze Age societies.
Now is this to say that Jesus Christ didn't exist? Not necessarily. There are some supporting historical accounts outside of those in the New Testament. Yet over the course of two millennia, the possibility that his original teachings have undergone extensive whitewashing and propagandistic contortions is so high as to be almost certain.
The primary mechanism of social control in these old world cesspools was to incept the policeman inside one's own head, given that constant supervision of every single person before automated surveillance and forensics wouldn't have been feasible. Elicit guilt response [tends to overcompensation, deferring to authority figure], make such victimless non-crimes as gathering sticks on the sabbath punishable by death [Numbers 15: 32-36; unreasonable & disproportional consequences for insignificant actions, keeps people on their toes], ritualistic sacrifice [speaks for itself], confession [1 John 1:9][implicit blackmailing upon misdeeds - be it perceived or of actual consequence, foments constant need for validation], etc. was the only effective means of maintaining social cohesion and the largely hereditary dominance hierarchy, with the underlying techniques having continued on today relatively unchanged.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Notwithstanding, I would be remiss in not mentioning that I myself have witnessed this revival of once ancient paganist apostasy and heretical dogmatism, Luciferian Theosophy and cultist New Age movements metamorphizing over time into what can really only be described as full-blown Satanism. [The thought really came to me after I encountered that unspeakably twisted Oculus next to Ground Zero] Yet the same motive applies: power over Man. Whereas the ol' time religion was more callously measured in its approach, preaching asceticism, this dark alter rewards hedonistic abandon and voluntary submission to self-destructive impulses, catching the contagion of immorality spreading psychogenically through the herd, and acting on those depraved desires that lurk in the darkest corners of the mind; for which there will be a permanent and ineradicable electronic record, the warped robot's equivalent of the sword of Damocles to be activated should one's conscience later come panging. Worst yet, I fear, is that this might be the direction most of humanity might be heading nolen volens. That need to believe in a transcendent power seems to be an immutable characteristic of the human condition, and apparently it can both ways.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You always say we're triggered and raging and blah blah blah.

No, you guys are just plain wrong. Literally, you're wrong.

I'm not mad at all, no one little bit, I've dealt with this from a baby Christian. The world is full of people who think this way. Christians think differently. The world doesn't understand Christian thinking, not true, born again thinking.

You're only ever an individual, responsible for YOUR OWN actions, all the time every time. There is no 'team' no 'group' to identify with, just "work out your OWN salvation with fear and trembling.

I disagree with the OP because I saw it for what it IS and what it means. This isn't a 'rant' stop gas lighting..... You rage against the truth in Christ because your heart is darkened and having eyes you CANNOT see!
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'd say the story of Jesus is amalgamation of sorts of various old beliefs, an among other things, but what i think were the story hits home is his mortality, rather then his proposed divinity. Most ancient world gods would be not much different then comic books or very graphic looney toons, and heck, a good chunk might as well be based on them.

Hercules is a earlier example, due to it popularity, and the theme of forgiveness/redemption for murdering his own family the reason for the labour's.

One problem I have is that Heaven won't switch to electric, instead of the souls of the damned for the upstairs water heater.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The trickster took over a long time ago.

And you're correct, it is a script that THEY must follow, however we do not have to be bound to a script because of Freewill, the freedom to do as we will.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I look at like this, even God acknowledges there are lesser gods, but He says HE is the top dog. And seeing how there's so much hate for God and love for the pitiful gods I'm putting my mammon on God.

Besides, look at who roots for the lesser gods, who'd want to join those losers...

😑

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM

Your first line is wrong. It insinuates that man created gods but there were actually gods. Look at the history from every nation that's existed. These beings were not humans masquerading as men and you know as well as anyone else men in power did not simply go around garnishing power by merely speaking of "powerful gods". People saw the power of these god like beings with their own eyes.

Now instead of religion, government uses military might to obtain and maintain control of people.

I meant to say " masquerading as gods", not men.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   

All the other gods threw spears, while Hey-zeus got killed by one.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Besides, look at who roots for the lesser gods, who'd want to join those losers...

It doesn't matter how much of a loser I am. You can't escape the necessity of the gods.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Only you know if you're a loser or not.

And these lowly gods have nothing to offer except their greed. Typical democrat demigods.

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Tbh I'm a one goddess kinda guy,, but I will have her in all her variations.

I will be their Adonis

edit on 11-7-2021 by Panartisis because: I for 8

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join