It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ, a mental prison guard.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The ancients created gods and avatars to ignite those attributes within themselves, going to war they instill a war god, to grow food its prayers and rituals to the fertility and nature gods, for love...Well you get the idea.
Then governing powers thought it was too hard to govern the minds with so many able to invoke whatever powers they like, to enhance their autonomy. So they created religions with specific ideals that were easy to control, instill guilt, Compassion and sacrifice, two thousands years later we are at a cross roads of change... And it looks like huge sacrifices will be made to usher in a new age, best awaken those latent powers before you become the sacrificed.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Jesus built my hotrod.

edit on 10-7-2021 by Homefree because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Panartisis

Here's what I got from your 'mightier than thou' OP.

Hey, Christian's, stop pretending there's a God who will hold me to account for all the wrong I've ever done. I don't want to be accountable, I'm good enough to be my own God. You people should be removed.

Here's my retort.

There are a myriad of prophecies in the Bible that have come to pass, your time is measured by Christs death, there are prophecies happening now, to the letter, meaning prophecy is written outside of time.

Christ preached against the prevailing power of this world, not for it. Christ also set up his kingdom in direct opposition to the ruling powers of the time. So much for statist pawns.

What latent powers are you on about? The only latent power I've ever seen is someone's ability to go full reprobate and start worshipping themselves or creation. Can you levitate trains and stuff?

This just smacks of insidiously hidden Satanic nonesense which is what the 'new age' peddle....

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Homefree

"I wanna love yuh!"

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Victim Complex? Feeling Guilty? All I got from the OP (minus the last line) was His take on why He thought religion was invented. While You went full on Victim.

LOL@

This just smacks of insidiously hidden Satanic nonesense

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Nice tangent. You do realize you just made the OP's point for him, though, right? Re-read the OP (SLOWLY) and re-read your response. Someone missed the mark by a hell of a mile.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Your spirit must be very lonely. There is more to this existence than most of us will ever grasp. You just pissed on ever religious culture on the planet. From Aboriginal to Christian to Wiccan.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree
Jesus built my hotrod.

Yeah man, love me some Ministry.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

When I say sacrificed, the term can mean many things, ultimately sacrifice could range from me weeding my garden to me sacrificing my soul, in this context I mean your free will.

If a person instills all the peaceful and living tenets of Jesus Christ they hold those things dear, they shape them, but they also repress the opposite, which is why many people who are indoctrinated in a belief system that concentrate on the ooh so holy end up being taken over by the growing beast they repress.
Balance is key

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3
I Value truth above all else.

Religions should be used to advance humanity, but it is the opposite you know.

Unless you think it's just your ideal that works.

I mean what's the chances 1 in 8 billion

edit on 10-7-2021 by Panartisis because: Value for Vale....

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There's a reason why certain of our impulses need to be governed and controlled instead of acted upon as our whim dictates. Most of what we call evil in the world has its roots in human action and those very same impulses that someone, somewhere decided not to control.

For example, drugs are fun. Most people want to call drug use a victimless crime. But is it? That impulse to want to have fun, hedonism ... leads to eventual addiction and dependence. Who gets hurt by that? Your body is slowly destroyed. You sacrifice your friends and family, hurting them. You sacrifice your life to the impulse to get more and need more drug.

People do end up being hurt in your pursuit of that pleasure and you risk not being able to stop your need and end up chained.

Does it happen to everyone? No. But it happens to enough people that we end up with a large homeless problem. And that in and of itself creates more evils: greed over what some have that others don't for example.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   
In the 50 to 2000 years of religious evolution there are a lot more points on the time line than just "war god" and "Jesus Christ"; how do they fit into your theory?

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:58 AM
link   

In its infancy Christianity was nothing but persecuted. People dying for the sake of the Truth they saw. Later on the ideology was abused for power at times... but Jesus specifically renounces these "men of power" ('Nicolaitans'). The religious elites at the time mostly hated Jesus for this exact reason. If you continue to seek truth without bias you will realize that Christ is not the enemy.

The martyrs prove that Christ was not simply a fabricated figure for the sake of power... because in the beginning everyone was being killed for proclaiming the truth they saw.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Frances Collins put it this way: the evils of religion are what happen when you pour the pure water of faith through the rusty vessel of man.

We end up tainting it, and you can refer back to my point above about how most of the evils in the world lie at our feet - mankind. The message is good, but we can corrupt anything and always do. We're also very, very good at blaming anything and everything but ourselves.
edit on 10-7-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   

The kingdom of god dwells inside of you... And that knigndom contains the ideals of Jesus Christ, but to drink of only that cup means you don't have the cunning to see the snakes.

The kingdom of the adversary would be the perfect counterpart as then they grow together in unison, because one stresses and the other out grows. The pattern is abundant everywhere in nature, nature helped me gain insight.
I have Jesus in me strong, I have great compassion, I have sacrificed, but if a poisonous snake trys to sneak a bite at me. I have wolf at my back.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Love. War.! Fornification...

What else has not been borne of these things?

edit on 10-7-2021 by Panartisis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Frances Collins put it this way: the evils of religion are what happen when you pour the pure water of faith through the rusty vessel of man.

Great analogy. I tell my atheist friends to not throw Baby Jesus out with the bath water. Bias against religion is ironically the same bias that is often complained about religious adherents against non-religious ideologies.

originally posted by: Panartisis

The kingdom of god dwells inside of you... And that knigndom contains the ideals of Jesus Christ, but to drink of only that cup means you don't have the cunning to see the snakes.

The kingdom of the adversary would be the perfect counterpart as then they grow together in unison, because one stresses and the other out grows. The pattern is abundant everywhere in nature, nature helped me gain insight.
I have Jesus in me strong, I have great compassion, I have sacrificed, but if a poisonous snake trys to sneak a bite at me. I have wolf at my back.

Yeah I suppose every culture has their own sort of delusion that prevents a full manifestation of truth. The religious legalists are no exception, and in fact, according to Jesus, are likely the most liable culprits of distorting truth. My upbringing of blind belief was very quickly countered by blind disregard when I was about 12. Eventually i looked into it on my own and realized it is in fact the liberating philosophy for all humankind... But few are willing to leave their old life so that they can be born anew into the next stages of conscious development. Like Jesus said to the rich young man who wanted to enter heaven... if you want to stay here and prosper then follow the commandments, but if you want to explore the heavenly realms then sell all your things and let Christ lead you into the new dimensions.
edit on 10-7-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There are right and wrong answers in life.

God wants you to get as many right answers as possible. I will leave it up to you to decide what that is.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

And it isn't even about literally selling as it is about realizing that the material is immaterial.

I like to think about Ripley standing in the board room in the movie Aliens yelling at the executives telling them that all their material goods that they think are so important mean precisely nothing, but they're blinded by them all the same.

That's not exactly how she puts it, of course, but the analogy is there.

Sure, we can enjoy a nice material existence, but none of it means anything compared to God and it's all temporary in this life anyhow. It comes and it goes. Trust in Him and there will always be a way even though it may not always be comfortable.

I've also found that when you're not so wrapped up in caring about the next big material thing, life gets a lot easier and happier for that matter.

edit on 10-7-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

Here's what I got from your 'mightier than thou' OP.

Hey, Christian's, stop pretending there's a God who will hold me to account for all the wrong I've ever done. I don't want to be accountable, I'm good enough to be my own God. You people should be removed.

Here's my retort.

There are a myriad of prophecies in the Bible that have come to pass, your time is measured by Christs death, there are prophecies happening now, to the letter, meaning prophecy is written outside of time.

Christ preached against the prevailing power of this world, not for it. Christ also set up his kingdom in direct opposition to the ruling powers of the time. So much for statist pawns.

What latent powers are you on about? The only latent power I've ever seen is someone's ability to go full reprobate and start worshipping themselves or creation. Can you levitate trains and stuff?

This just smacks of insidiously hidden Satanic nonesense which is what the 'new age' peddle....

You religious nuts always get triggered.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join