It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus said;- You cannot be neutral

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Proto88
Does going to church on Saturndays, make me a terrible person.

Just don't get sucked into the idea that going to church on Sundays makes other people terrible.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: Proto88
Does going to church on Saturndays, make me a terrible person.

Just don't get sucked into the idea that going to church on Sundays makes other people terrible.

Or that going to church at any time makes a person a Christian, irrespective their title

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Jesus told me "You touch my tequila, I stomp your foot."
He sounded serious.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If the angels were compelled to love, why did two thirds rebel?

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

I think it was 1/3.

Either way, excellent point.

---------

OP: I think we've convinced ourselves we can be neutral.

As soon as something happens that can effect us, our neutrality stance is shattered. IMO

This applies to Hermeneutics as well. For his Word, or against.

Good thread.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem
Yes, one of the implications of the Sheep and the Goats is that there is such a thing as an unconscious choosing of sides.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

They still all acknowledge God as God. We can choose whether or not to do that. Having to acknowledge God does not mean one must love Him for it.

God gave them everything, and like we see in some people today, when much is given, they come to resent it, think they can do better or deserve more. I believe that perhaps entitlement is the word we are maybe looking for.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: MykeNukem
Yes, one of the implications of the Sheep and the Goats is that there is such a thing as an unconscious choosing of sides.

An unconscious choice isn't much of a choice.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You raise an interesting topic, Christ was not a pacifist as he advocated God's Kingdom.
This kingdom would at the end of days according to prophesy end all human governments and people that do not submit to God's sovereignty, and he would be the general that leads the angelic armies into battle to win the final war, that is no pacifist.
However when he was on earth as a man it wasn't time, it also was no longer time for man to take vengeance on behalf of God. In ancient Israel God used the Jewish armies on many occasions to cleanse a defiled land of people that were doing bad stuff even by today standards. As soon a Christ came to earth that time was over.

Nothing in the history of the world was worth fighting for more than defending Christ on the night of his arrest, and yet we know what Jesus said that night to his followers that were ready to fight and die with him.

True Christians do not take up arms or fight in the modern era, to think otherwise is to miss the message of the gospels, God will avenge us in his own time, which is getting very close now.

Of coarse watching injustices around the world and the absolute total degradation of morality to the point of defending crazy stuff is hard for us to watch. But the crazier it gets the closer I know we are to God taking action.
We aren't neutral we are for Jesus and his Messianic Kingdom, since that will be a world government, he would not want us fighting for any geographical territory right now.

edit on 10-7-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
DP
edit on 10-7-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
Actually political neutrality wasn't part of the theme. It was just about being for or against Jesus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join