It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the seven stars on Freemasonic Tracing Boards represent Orion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I was looking through some Freemasonic Tracing Boards some time ago and noticed that a few of them have the Orion constellation as the seven stars in the top right corner (such as the one shown below) yet most people I speak to seem to think that these seven stars are not Orion but the Pleiades cluster (or even the V-shaped Taurus cluster). Do the seven stars represent Orion, or are some Tracing Boards misleading?

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nathan-D

In the picture you reference, it could be no other constellation. Orion is the easiest to recognize and it's unmistakable.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I am sure you must have looked pretty clear right.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Gosh i get terrible flashbacks of Hunaphu and xbalanque from my wilder days of the past, everytime i see that constellation.

But anyways the belt or hearthstones can be found in a construct like a temple or just a building, they have ritualistic meanings just by themselves about the creation of the world and making order out from chaos.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You might find this of interest it explains some of the symbolism.

FREEMASON REVEALS AND EXPLAINS THE SHAPE OF THE EARTH
www.bitchute.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nathan-D

Do the seven stars represent Orion, or are some Tracing Boards misleading?

No. That’s just a particular artist’s rendition. It’s also not misleading; you, like other well-meaning people, just don’t have the correct information, which is honestly quite mundane.

In some jurisdictions, such as England and Chile, they perform what’s called Emulation Ritual which explains the tracing boards. Not all jurisdictions have the seven stars in their ritual or boards, but for those that do, it emphasizes the Masonic virtue of Charity.

“But the third and last being Charity, comprehends the whole and the Mason who is possessed of this virtue in its most ample sense, may justly be deemed to have attained the summit of his profession: figuratively speaking an ethereal mansion, veiled from human eyes by a starry firmament, emblematically depicted here by seven stars, which is an illusion to as many regularly made masons without which number no Lodge is perfect, neither can any candidate be legally initiated into the Order.”

There you go. That’s all it is.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

In the picture you reference, it could be no other constellation. Orion is the easiest to recognize and it's unmistakable.

I disagree. It's clearly Pleiades, and I'll tell you why.

See the SEVEN SISTERS descending from the stairs?

Yup, the Pleiades cluster is known as the SEVEN SISTERS.

*edit

Oh, we're talking about the upper right corner? Yeah, that's Orion, DUH.

But the angels are descending from Pleiades.
edit on 9-7-2021 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 12:01 AM
link   

They will never tell you if you are correct!!

And, yeah, you are on track!

(Orion/Sirius is deeply ingrained in FM. It is worth researching l!)

Good luck!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

“They will never tell you if you are correct!!”

I just did

“And, yeah, you are on track!”

And what track is that? The track to crack?

“(Orion/Sirius is deeply ingrained in FM. It is worth researching l!)”

No it’s not. The only people who think so are morons, schizophrenics, and crackheads.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 01:25 AM
link   

As I informed you, this a particular artist’s rendition of the 1st° tracing board. This artist decided to arrange the stars to look like Orion, which is Masonically meaningless, but is aesthetically pleasing.

Tracing boards exist as teaching aides and visual reminders of the lessons that have been imparted.

It does not matter how any symbol is arranged, what matters is the virtue or lesson it is emblematic of.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 01:41 AM
link   
(Screw it. Won’t change my OP!)
edit on 10-7-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Truth sucks, huh

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Let’s look at a different 1st° tracing board.

Here we see the Seven Stars arranged in a circle around the Moon. The stars are emblematic of the Four Cardinal Virtues of antiquity, Justice, Fortitude, Temperance, and Prudence. And the Three Principal Masonic Virtues, Faith, Hope, and Charity.

Faith, Hope, and Charity, being central tenets of Freemasonry, are also represented by the three feminine figures on Jacobs Ladder. On the tracing board OP posted, we see all seven virtues represented on Jacobs Ladder.

This tracing board has at it’s top center, an emblazoned Eye of Providence, representing the ever-watchful gaze of God upon all things. In OP’s, it is a Blazing Glory and has the same meaning.

Nowhere, is there a representation or suggestion of the allusion to the Pleiades, aliens, or any other nonsense.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Say no more.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Can't embed pictures -- if someone would be so kind... files.abovetopsecret.com...

Freemasonry is about man's ability to manipulate the world with his own hands based on the knowledge he possesses.

Where did that knowledge come from?

Who were the seven sages? And why are they found in all the ancient civilizations?

www.ancientpages.com...

In ancient myths and legends we often encounter the mention of seven sages. These extraordinarily wise men are present in the myths and legends of Egypt, Babylon, Sumer, China, ancient Greece, and India. Who were these people and why were they so important to our ancestors?

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: rounda. Nephilim

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Epistemologist
a reply to: rounda. Nephilim

If you believe the book of Enoch, that's how the story goes.

A good primer is the movie "Noah."

For the Greeks, it was Prometheus.
edit on 31-8-2021 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 03:38 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 08:03 PM
link   

edit on 19-10-2021 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join