It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Cool Discovery about Islamic burials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I don't really have that much to add other than the celestial aspect of ancient cultures is certainly coming through more and more.

With all the discoveries Islam made that were eclipsed by things the Romans or Greeks did...this is more exciting news on a culture we could always stand to get more information from

www.ancient-origins.net...

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: atlantiswatusi
I don't really have that much to add other than the celestial aspect of ancient cultures is certainly coming through more and more.

With all the discoveries Islam made that were eclipsed by things the Romans or Greeks did...this is more exciting news on a culture we could always stand to get more information from

The only thing I need to know about Islam is that it is an ideological cult that only wants to subjugate the world, and murder anyone and everyone who refuses to submit.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl I get your meaning. Yet your reply is crass. Taken a step further, drop the issue with the religion and look at it from the perspective of humans and our history. Just maybe?

I find this intriguing. Something I didn’t know.

ATS is for learning.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Nothing in the article indicates anything about any "celestial" aspect of these burials.
BTW, I'm not surprised at that.

Harte

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: tanstaafl
I get your meaning. Yet your reply is crass.

Yeah, sorry, its just how I'm made.

Taken a step further, drop the issue with the religion and look at it from the perspective of humans and our history. Just maybe?

I find this intriguing. Something I didn’t know.

ATS is for learning.
Yeah, well, like I said, some things aren't worth the time.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If you've ever been lucky enough to see the night sky without any light pollution, it's easy to understand why ancient peoples were obsessed by it.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Started out decently and then devolved into "someone who doesn't actually understand what they just read making comments on a situation."

Sigh. It would have been great if they stopped after about four paragraphs.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I should add that the idea of using the model of how black holes affect large clusters of stars to model how a Very High Status or Legendary grave (such as in Abydos, the "Grave of Osiris" (which was an object but clearly a deity was NOT buried there... it was, in fact, the tomb of an ancient pharaoh) is quite valid. People in those days wanted to be buried near someone of significance, such as a family member or the person they worked for.

And using the number and position of graves around a center would indeed give you an idea of the status of that particular grave/object is totally legit -- just as more massive black holes draw in more stars. And the higher status people would be buried closer to the Significant Site.

Again, black hole modeling would tell you the relative importance of each grave, etc.

But to then go all wowsers on "as above, so below" and wander off into goofy theology... no. Just ... no.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Its the drawback of Ancient Origins. While a lot of the information is interesting and leads to other searches there are a lot of cases where potentially interesting discoveries are undercut by the sites desired narratives. Despite their stated intentions otherwise.

I more like these kinds of potential discoveries because modern man already thinks way too highly of ourselves.

On a kinda related note---I told my fiance last week with all the government disclosures of "UFOs" going on I needed to make sure I avoided Ancient Aliens as that doesn't give those nutters any more credence

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I agree there is hardly any--if any at all--meat to support the headline.

I would only add that while I enjoy the site and will use it for reference.....many articles are so heavily biased its sometimes sad. They take all the usual shots at Hawass without seeing that their behavior is just like what they accuse him of.

The site had a pretty excellent story about their ideas on Solomons Lost Mines.....Seemed like a bit of a reach in the beginning but in the end it made some interesting points

new topics

top topics

join