It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stonehenge Machine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Check out this fella right here solving problems. A backyard workshop built megalithic mover. Most impressive.

I wonder if I was transported back in time with nothing but my wit how I'd prove I was from the future. Make a loaf of bread? No. Forge steel from elements in the earth? No. Build a sophisticated tool to effectively hunt game? No. Tell you a couple of corporate America, 9 to 5 jokes to be used in ice breakers? Now we are getting somewhere.

This guy, on the other hand.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeOrigin

Cool idea, but where would the builders of Stonehenge get the wood router work done? How about the large steel balls??

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Excellent point

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   

All of that was actually explained if you bothered to listen.

P

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Ever heard of coral castel?

How did he do it?
line
To this day, no one knows how Ed created the Coral Castle. Built under the cover of night and in secret, at a time when there were no modern construction conveniences, Ed would only say that he knew "the secret of the pyramids." When he died, his secrets died with him, and to this day scientists and thinkers still debate Ed's methods.

edit on CDTAmerica/ChicagoTue, 06 Jul 2021 00:19:11 -0500pAmerica/Chicago7America/Chicago by Terpene because: Add quote from coral castel homepage

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 12:28 AM
link   
That's really not convincing.

Mythical giants, finely machined wood from a commercial saw mill that's free of knots and flaws, from specially bred trees in a commercial forest hundreds of miles away, micro-tolerance drills for making holes, and a level grass lawn.

No.

Let me give some details of what hit me as being implausible: the distance from where they mined the sarsen stones and the henge itself is not level ground (by any means). It crosses two rivers (including a fairly large one), brush, a few streams, valleys, hills, and a ridge or two.

Oh, and the ground is uneven.

The wood itself is not local (they didn't run out and cut down those trees themselves) and is well planed and sanded. If you've ever watched Barnwood Builders, you'll have a good idea of what hand cut timber looks like. It's not a sawmill product. A hand hewn board that thin isn't going to be as strong.

And then there's the modern ball bearings. The objects they showed would chew up the wood if they placed them in those holes.

Finally, it's stable and usable (sort of) only on level ground. If they put that thing on a slope (and there's a LOT of slopes between the quarry and Stonehenge), it'd fall over and kill someone.

ANYone can come up with an idea, if you ignore a lot of things and use modern materials.

Non-starter.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Ever heard of coral castel?

How did he do it?
line
To this day, no one knows how Ed created the Coral Castle. Built under the cover of night and in secret, at a time when there were no modern construction conveniences, Ed would only say that he knew "the secret of the pyramids." When he died, his secrets died with him, and to this day scientists and thinkers still debate Ed's methods.

Yes, and visited there. The "nobody knows how he did it" is an urban legend. They have newspaper stories (from Ed's time) and his machines and all sorts of documentation of his moving the stones, along with stories from the people who helped him.

Visit Coral Castle for yourself and look at the displays.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Imagine 60,000 pounds on some ball bearings on wood lmao

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Wood router? That's basically wood carving right? Isn't that super basic even without power tools?

Then could have used stone instead of steel bearing maybe?

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene
I've been to coral Castle, none of the stones are that big that they can't be manhandled with a block and tackle and building skills. His tools are on display in a small hut he used but the block and tackle are not there but if you research the photos in the visitors centre one can be seen in the background

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: redchad
a reply to: Terpene
I've been to coral Castle, none of the stones are that big that they can't be manhandled with a block and tackle and building skills. His tools are on display in a small hut he used but the block and tackle are not there but if you research the photos in the visitors centre one can be seen in the background

His friend wrote a book about how he did it. It included pictures and diagrams explaining how
"Mr. Can't Is Dead! The Story of the Coral Castle" by Orval Irwin he actually worked for him and helped him move the castle from its original location. Leedskalnin himself said that that he did it using hard work and the principles of leverage.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   

edit on 762021 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'm so glad to see ATS knowing their stuff on block and tackle and Coral Castle!

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

Cool idea, but where would the builders of Stonehenge get the wood router work done? How about the large steel balls??

Large steel balls, like superman. Sorry, but you said steel balls.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Large steel balls, like superman. Sorry, but you said steel balls.

Maybe they used copper balls, but the contraption would not have worked over land. I would guess the stones were transported over water as much as possible.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I think you're fooling yourself. Limestone isn't foreign to Florida. Also, it's not far from the coast.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infinitis

Wood router? That's basically wood carving right? Isn't that super basic even without power tools?

Then could have used stone instead of steel bearing maybe?

The bearing races must be almost perfectly concentric, or they bind. I did read of a cart, found in a tomb in Germany, but probably of Greek manufacture, with roller bearings in the wheels. The races were bronze and the rollers were oak wood. It was dated to about 500 BC, but stonehenge is WAY older.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   
sine.nomine, I was not the one to mention Coral Castle. Florida does not interest me.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 06:51 AM
link   

sine.nomine, I was not the one to mention Coral Castle. Florida does not interest me.

On my second look, you're right. My bad, my friend.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

All of that was actually explained if you bothered to listen.

P

No subtitles, indistinct vocals, unfamiliar accents. What a bother! I found this much more satisfying:

www.youtube.com...

<<   2 >>

join