It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some advice...Yellowstone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I'm not sure if 'like' is quite the right word for my feelings about Deadwood though, it's alright, it has its moments (moments that I liked, especially the scenes with Al and the Chinese guy). Here's how it fits in to my ranking list for TV shows that I've seen and/or finished (those still running are marked with a *):

Stargate SG-1 (9)
Stargate Atlantis (8.8)
Babylon 5 (8.5)
Star Trek DS9 (8)
Blackadder (7.9)
Game of Thrones (7.3) (mostly because of the last season and some things I will mention at the end of this comment, otherwise it would be much higher for me)
Band of Brothers (7.2)
Hatfields & McCoys (7.1)
Hornblower (7)
Stargate Universe (6.4)
ST TNG (6.3) (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
The Expanse (6.2)*
Picard (6.1)*
Space: Above and Beyond (6)
The Mandalorian (6)*
Loki (6)*
Firefly (5.9)
ST Voyager and Enterprise (5.8)
Farscape (5.6)
The old BSG (5.5) (BSG = Battlestar Galactica)
Lost (5)
The Witcher (4.9)*
The Dark Crystal (4.8)
Deadwood (4.5)
Ash vs Evil Dead (4.1)
ST Discovery (4)*
Heroes (3.9)
The Last Kingdom (3.5)*
Black Sails (3.4)
The Orville (3.3)*
WandaVision (3.2)
Dark Matter (3)
Lost in Space (2.9)*
Rome (2.8)
The Boys (2.7)*
His Dark Materials (2.6)*
Stranger Things (2.5)*
Andromeda (2)
Falling Skies (1.7)
Merlin (1.6)
TWD (1.5)* (The Walking Dead)
See (1.4)*
FTWD (1.3)* (F*ck TWD? Oh no, "Fear" TWD; what a terrible show, and I'm still watching, what's wrong with me? Thank God for the fast-foward button; I just watch the highlights, takes me about 10-15 minutes to get through an episode, skipping all the boring blah-blah)
The new BSG (1) (mostly because of my disappointment in how they wasted their high budget with such a bad plot and writing, and cheap tricks such as human cylons)

With Dr. Who I'm in season 8 now, so far I would rate it around 2.7 cause all the standalone episodes makes this show, 'really not my type of show' (even though it's the Sci-Fi genre which is my favorite genre, but I prefer when it's not on earth and futuristic Sci-Fi rather than fantasy/superhero Sci-Fi, Star Trek style basically, my preference is towards the big type of spacefleet battles that Star Trek DS9, Stargate and Babylon 5 is leading towards, I like the build-up towards a big battle or war sometimes even more than the battle or war itself, but the 2 do belong together; Game of Thrones for example cheaps out by skipping the battles, for example, have you seen any battle between the Starks and the Lannisters when Rob Stark was campainging against the Lannister armies? I didn't; they skipped them all, either by merely talking about it, or by knocking out Tyrion, which wasn't in the book, the book had an actual battle there. I'm still pissed off about that, just like the first battle with the dead/White Walkers at the Fist of the First Men, 2 seasons leading up to that big confrontation with a huge cliffhanger showing the White Walkers attacking and then they skip it when the next season starts; I felt I missed an episode or webisode or something in between, but nope, we were all just screwed over with that cliffhanger without closure or satisfaction).

edit on 11-9-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yellowstone 2-hour Season Premiere Sunday Nov. 7 at 8:00 P.M. EST

Official Trailer

Now I'm thinking OOOOHHHH!! Now I see.

Maybe Not BUT.....

I don't think Jamie had anything to do with it. It was all Garrett's plan, without Jamie's knowledge but partly on Jamie's behalf.

A possible scenario I was thinking about: At some point in time, many of the local ranchers & cowboys will be involved in some sort of battle alongside the Duttons. (such as the guys who were telling Kayce he should run for Governor)..

But also the guy whose daughter was beaten up(& maybe raped. I can't remember for sure). But he will be alongside them, until at some point Jamie will blackmail him into becoming a traitor in one way or another. Possibly leaking info to Jamie about an upcoming plan of attack. (Since Jamie had previously forced that guy into becoming an Accessory to Murder.)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Aparently, there are 2 Yellowstone spin-offs coming soon. One is called '6666' & the other is a prequel 'Y: 1883'. Looks like both shows will air exclusively on the 'Paramount+' streaming service, and not on the Paramount Network TV Channel.

(IMDB) Y: 1883 Follows the Dutton family on a journey west through the Great Plains toward the last bastion of untamed America.

Founded when Comanches still ruled West Texas, no ranch in America is more steeped in the history of the West than the 6666. Still operating as it did two centuries before, and encompassing an entire county, the 6666 is where the rule of law and the laws of nature merge in a place where the most dangerous thing one does is the next thing - The 6666 is synonymous with the merciless endeavor to raise the finest horses and livestock in the world, and ultimately where world class cowboys are born and made.

(IMDB) 6666

I hadn't heard of either of these, but '1883' was apparently first announced during the Super Bowl last Feb.

'1883' is set to premiere Sunday, December 19.

Tim McGraw & Faith Hill are Duttons. Sam Elliot & Billy Bob Thornton are also part of the cast.

There's quite a bit of info about it in this article: parade.com... , which includes a 2 minute video with Yellowstone creator Taylor Sheridan discussing the expansion of the Yellowstone Universe, and a couple other shows he's working on.

1883 follows the Dutton family as they embark on a journey west through the Great Plains toward the last bastion of untamed America. According to Paramount+, it is a stark retelling of Western expansion, and an intense study of one family fleeing poverty to seek a better future in America’s promised land — Montana.

Meet the 1883 Stars! Everything We Know About the Mysterious Yellowstone Prequel, Including Billy Bob Thornton's New Role

Here's an interesting article about the real 6666 Ranch and also the new show.
Everything We Know About the New Yellowstone spinoff, 6666, and the Famous Four Sixes Ranch That Taylor Sheridan Just Bought

edit on 9/13/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Apparently, Paramount released this in the middle of September, but I hadn't seen it until I just noticed my DVR recorded it yesterday. They don't give away much, but there's a little bit about what to expect in Season 4. The best part is that Season 4 is going to begin right where Season 3 ended. I figured they'd skip a few months ahead, but glad they're not.

Inside Yellowstone Season 4 | Paramount Network

(kinda weird hearing Teeter's real voice)

Here's a couple more recent videos

Meet the New Faces of Yellowstone Season 4 | Paramount Network

A Long Line of Enemies | Yellowstone | Paramount Network

edit on 11/2/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Just 5 more days!!

posted on Nov, 7 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Well I was way off about the 'roadside' kid. They never even showed him again. I guess he got lost in the grass and is still out there looking for the lug-nuts.

I thought he was the obvious choice for a new character. I thought that was the whole reason they even wrote that part with him losing the lug-nuts, and also the reason why his mom was killed..... NOPE!

(wrong about several things actually)
edit on 11/7/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 01:48 AM
link   
There’s 4 bottles of beer and a pack of beef jerky with my name on it ready for this tonight. No spoilers please.

posted on Nov, 8 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

Well I was way off about the 'roadside' kid. They never even showed him again. I guess he got lost in the grass and is still out there looking for the lug-nuts.

I thought he was the obvious choice for a new character. I thought that was the whole reason they even wrote that part with him losing the lug-nuts, and also the reason why his mom was killed..... NOPE!

(wrong about several things actually)

I was wrong about that too! I figured he would be the adopted one for sure. The new kid was a total surprise.

I think the real surprise for me was, now it looks like Jamie really is behind the slaughter. I had ruled that out after thinking it was too obvious.

I was pretty surprised with how they took Roarke out.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 01:42 AM
link   

At the time when we were first speculating who could be behind the attacks, I had completely forgotten about the militia guys.

Was your wife disappointed about Beth not becoming a pirate? lol

Regarding the preview they aired at the end of the episode: I paused it and watched it frame-by-frame trying to figure out who was in the back of Rainwater's truck, but they clearly made sure to not even show a glimpse of his face when the bag was being taken off his head.

BUT you could hear a little moan he made when they pulled him out. I think I know who it is. (but I'm probably wrong)

This is something I'll try to forget about, but honestly it's a bit far-fetched to believe that no-one died during the attacks at the end of season 3. That was quite a few guys with automatic weapons who had clearly taken some time planning out this simultaneous surprise attack at various unsuspecting locations, and they pretty much failed with every part of it.

Especially John. He was unarmed on the side of the road alone with no backup or protection, with no witnesses nearby, no vehicles anywhere around vs. about 4 or 5 guys with automatic rifles and plenty of ammo in a van. They would've taken a couple more seconds to finish the job.

I just did a quick search about Kayce and the grenade he had at his desk... and to be clear, I 100% do NOT believe that this theory is correct... but apparently some fans of the show are saying that Kayce is dead, and John is the only one who can see him and interact with him, either as a ghost or only in John's mind, and that is why neither Monica nor Tate was at the ranch. It would kinda make sense when thinking about the point when John first saw Kayce, when he was walking towards the house completely camouflaged in the full-body grass suit, and then also at the hot spring.

But as someone else pointed out.

"I've been seeing people say Kayce is really dead and only John can see him. In the second episode where Kayce, John, and Rip are talking about Travis, Kayce asks if they can trust him and Rip answers. If Kayce was dead how could Rip see/hear him too?" wondered @Amanda85765482.

www.distractify.com...

It will be interesting to re-watch the episode with that in mind, but NO, he is not dead. I refuse to accept that as even being a remote possibility.

edit on 11/9/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I still don't think it's the militia guys, but I guess we'll see. Other than just pure revenge for the kidnapping thing, they really don't have any coherent motive to go after the Duttons in general. Not the whole family anyway.

Yeah, the wife (and I, both) were pretty surprised Beth came out of the explosion as unscathed as she did. I dunno, now she's almost taking on a 'super-hero' kind of persona. Not sure I like that part too much. I hope they don't go down the TWD path with her, that would be a deal-breaker for me.

The ghost of Kayce - Hmmmm, that's an interesting twist!! How bizarre would that be? I didn't get that drift watching the last episode, but I did think the sniper thing was strange. I think I'm in the same camp as you are not believing it. That's another area where I think they'd ruin the show if they went there.

The one thing which has been bothering me is something I noted at the end of my last post; the killing of Roarke. It doesn't make sense. No doubt, Roarke was a horse's a** to be sure, but Rip didn't know Roarke from Adam (or even know of him, unless Beth said something about him). So, why did Rip just go out and kill him?? It doesn't make any sense. They've got some explainin' to do on that scene! There's got to be more to that. How did he even know where to find him?

Plus...if you're going to 'off' someone, and make it look like an accident, you don't throw a rattler in their face (for a variety of reasons):
a.) Rattlers don't swim in water unless they absolutely have to, and only then to escape the water to survive.
b.) Anyone with any outdoor sense at all would run 'toward' water, not away from it, to get away from a rattler.
c.) Lastly, there were so many other ways Rip could have got him, like sending some 'hot' cattle down into the river. THEN it would have looked like an accident! But not the way it happened.

Puzzling scene, that one.

posted on Nov, 9 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   

One thing I just realized is that Travis (I'll call him 'The Horse Guy') is actually Taylor Sheridan, the Yellowstone creator/showrunner.

Yeah, I had no idea what was going to be in that cooler, but I definitely didn't expect it to be instant death. I was wondering if maybe killing off Roarke's character so suddenly may have something to do with the actor needing to get out of the show for personal reasons. It's possible that could've even been something they filmed last year. idk, just speculating.

But Rip did know of Roarke. The first time John heard the name Roarke was when Rip told John that's who Wade was working for.(the older guy who they cut the 'Y' Brand off his chest and hung him in a tree)

I'm not saying this is a good reason, but the only reason I can think of for why Rip would kill Roarke, is just so they didn't have to worry about Roarke retaliating for them killing 'Roarke's Dogs'.(Wade & the other guy)

Beth would've probably rather been the one to kill him, if Rip had only told her that's what his plan was for the day.

Also, it does seem like the only way Rip could've possibly known to look for Roarke in that creek, that information must have come from Beth at some point.
edit on 11/9/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Here's one thing which just occurred to me, and I didn't notice it at first. Your theory about Kayce being a ghost made me realize it. There has been a time-slip in the show. Normally they do time-slips in years, and that's probably why I didn't catch it at first, but this one was done in months. Clearly several months have elapsed since last season. Kayce (if alive) is now healed, and so is Beth. I guess we saw some of the slip with the healing process of Jimmy, but I didn't factor this into what has transpired for the others in this same timeframe. Hopefully they're going to go back and fill in some of the blanks.

The blank with Rip and Roarke might be one of these things. The Rip character might be a mean SOB, but he doesn't kill for fun, he does it because he's been instructed to. Rip doesn't do anything on his own, not that kind of stuff anyway.

ETA - The time-slip also probably explains why Monica and the boy are missing. Something happened, and she probably freaked out again and left (is my guess). Another blank to be filled in.

edit on 11/13/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   

You didn't notice John's beard when he was in the hospital?

When Beth confronted Jamie in his office, which was shortly after John had come back home, she said "I've waited 2 months for this moment Jamie....."

I noticed on Dish, this is what it says in the info/description for the 1st episode:
"The coordinated attack on the Dutton's continues, as everyone searches for answers on who is responsible. Rip delivers on a promise."

That's all it says. That 2nd sentence must be about Roarke, but I'm not sure who that promise was to.

I don't know. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes to kill Roarke. As far as we know, he had nothing to do with the attacks, and no one has even hinted that he may have been involved. Beth is blaming Jamie, and John still didn't even know exactly what had happened at that time, because nobody had really told him anything whenever he asked.

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Yes, Roarke's killing makes even less sense now after last night's episode. I mean, clearly Roarke wasn't a liked character, but that was by design. But he hadn't really done anything to deserve what he got from Rip...at least as far as I can see.

And...I'm not 'feeling' the business about the militia being behind it either, despite Dutton's actions last night. It's like they're trying to make something out of nothing.

So far, that's three (or more) dead ends...

1.) What happened to the plane (with the bomb planted in the fuel tank)? (Awful long time to circle back on that one now! Most have probably forgotten all about it by now.)
2.) Where's the boy on the side of the road? (still looking for the lugnuts??)
3.) Why did they kill off Roarke?

posted on Nov, 15 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Asshats, so many spoilers, i quit this thread in a rage.

Will return on season end to share my thoughts.

So far, Rips assassination of Roarke was quality, that's some God level skills. I actually watched it 3 or 4 times, the way he approaches with pure menace shaking up the cooler with the rattler inside. He's one bad ass SOB, quite possibly the greatest anti-hero to ever grace TV. I'm not sure what's bigger, his balls or his heart.
edit on 15/11/21 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join