It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last chance to turn around, before joining the bad guys?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this world’s darkness, and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Just like the wars in the earthly realm, someone is always profiting from both waring parties...

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Honest question: do you see hypocrisy in quoting one bible to deny scripture in another? I love reading theology. I don't believe in any one thing. You know god didnt write whatever bible you read, right?

Have you ever thought that if-- what are you, catholic?-- if the Vatican wanted you to know the truth, why they would have a secret ancient library? Or, pick a religion, they all have this hidden knowledge crap. Why? Cool, the word of god should be hidden, yeah?

ETA: Also, why is it with Christians that anything different is forces of evil? I believe in kindness, charity, forgiveness, and never ever holding a grudge. Is that evil to you? Man, ive housed homeless folks, given free reign over my food, and I am barely covering the bills.
edit on 12-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Also I really do enjoy collecting bibles. I have types from all different religions. My favorite is an old Swedish family bible signed and dated from the early 1800s. My mother was going to donate it to the thrift shop!

edit on 12-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Honest question: do you see hypocrisy in quoting one bible to deny scripture in another? I love reading theology. I don't believe in any one thing. You know god didnt write whatever bible you read, right?

Have you ever thought that if-- what are you, catholic?-- if the Vatican wanted you to know the truth, why they would have a secret ancient library? Or, pick a religion, they all have this hidden knowledge crap. Why? Cool, the word of god should be hidden, yeah?

ETA: Also, why is it with Christians that anything different is forces of evil? I believe in kindness, charity, forgiveness, and never ever holding a grudge. Is that evil to you? Man, ive housed homeless folks, given free reign over my food, and I am barely covering the bills.

I do not think you are evil, I believe you are probably a very good person and admire your actions and would say they are more Christian than most that claim to be such.

But I would say faith in the bible is a matter of just that, faith.

For Christians it is a divinely inspired book and we truly believe it though perhaps for most with more emphasis upon the new testament part though that demands just how fundamental the believer is.

Also it is one of the oldest texts in the world.

Other bibles and belief's I do not trust though I am intrigued by tales from other cultures that may hint at lost civilization, later texts and gnostic writings I see as mostly the work of charlatan's and the Koran in particular I see as a work cobbled together based around a cult founded by a man that abused woman, had slaves, lived like a king and abused children such as the daughter of Um Kirfa whom (After his men had raped and murdered Um Kirfa and torn her body apart using camel's before presenting her head to him while he feasted in HER tent) he gave to his uncle as a plaything to do whatever he wanted with her and of course his WIFE Aisha whom was just Six years of age when he married her, went bald on the wedding night her hair falling out after some unspecified traumatic event gave her shock and only growing back when she was nine when he then officially consummated that marriage.

There are horrible passages in the bible as well but they were NOT God's doing but the doing of men and there was no divine blessing over those actions.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 04:07 PM
link   

.... a work cobbled together based around a cult founded by a man....

This^^ applies to most if not all religious texts, the bible included.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DreamingAvatar
It works for easily as the teachings don't conflict.

Lucifer plays no part in Freemasonry: www.travelingtemplar.com...

Freemasonry doesn't dictate our religious beliefs or practices. Many Masons, like myself are Christian and there are several Christian orders within Freemasonry.

Yes, you can be both a Christian and a Mason. It is not for you to say otherwise. You have neither the knowledge nor the authority to make such a declaration and it mean anything.

many a widow has had her land stolen by them.

Like who?

Facts behind P2 Lodge: freemasonry.bcy.ca...

And yet there have been many supernatural warning to Christians NOT to get involved in Masonry...

And by that, you mean made-up superstitious fear-mongering.

The Gnostic Gospels are just as valid and real as the book compiled by the Romanized catholic church.

By the way the Masons in Jerusalem were also after that Ark which Wyatt was allowed to reveal, they will not be allowed to get near to it and if they do will like the rabbi's sent in to try to take it likely be struck dead.

ROFL!

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 03:19 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 09:18 PM
link   
There are only two religions, Christianity and paganism.

Now, for all we know paganism could be the right one, or they both might be full of crap, but it is what it is.

Christianity is the only religion that believes the only way to salvation is through the actions of Jesus Christ and his sacrifice on the cross, and that's it.

Everything else, including the Masons, is just pagan nature/sun worship, and Masons, just like the Mormons might mention Jesus or the bible to get Christians to join, but sooner or later the (blatent) truth is revealed.

Again, if you want to be pagan that's fine, but know what you're signing up for. Paganism certainly looks way more fun than Christianity, but they are seperate philosophys and ways of life, no matter how much people try to twist things.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

If you have advice for me, I'm open to it. I can only speak to my own experiences, but I'm more than happy to hear others.

BTW, if you want a picture of this bible, its pretty interesting. Also, I've had some trouble with this site, so it'd be a third party for image uploading.
edit on 28-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Sorry for the late reply, not been too well recently but all I can say is that I have had experience that leaves me in no doubt that God and Yeshua (Jesus) is real, no doubt whatsoever so I do not need fake bibles I shall stick to the real one.

Yes it has book's missing and in fact the Catholic church has MORE books in it's bible called Apocryphal texts due to there nature some of which seem to paint some in a bad light and could just as easily drive a believer away as bring them to the faith so there are OTHER book's not included in the bible.

But there are fake bibles such as Satan's version and others which are frankly not worth wiping your butt upon after a curry and lager (not that you would want to so insult your tender behind with that lying devils book but you catch my meaning).

I respect your opinion but don't agree and for me faith is often more important anyway, we were warned against false path's.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The bible I was referring to is a Catholic bible, my friend. I pulled it out of my curio cabinet for a picture and dropped it. I'm sure my face was photoesque.

Just because I wish to learn about various religions doesn't make me some sort of heathen.

Just because you've devoted yourself to some religion doesn't make you a heathen.

We're all just trying to figure it out.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Though I was baptized a Catholic and DO believe in God we were never really church Goer's, my mother whom had us baptized because she DIED on the operating table and had a vision of the Virgin Mary atop a mountain calling her but my mother then said I am not leaving my children as her then husband was abusive and dangerous also to the children was actually an Anglican but one whom after that experience decided to have us baptized catholic, I was born years after that event.

The first bible I read was a KGV one, all bibles that are based on original gospel and scripture are good in my opinion, the catholic bible differs in only a few ways (mostly interpretation and translation), it has for example the apocrypha which are a collection of non canonical texts and writing's, this non canonical definition does not mean they are not correct just that they are suspect for some reason and so were not included in the original Christian bible but were left out for one reason or another such as the book of Enoch was from the old testament and certain writing of John were from the new.

For me the basis of my religion is the four gospel's, the other book's I accept but they do not really alter my faith so I can take them or leave them in that regard.

There are also Non NON canonical writings out there that are of definitely suspect origin and of course the early church was riddled with heresy resulting from oft pagan interpretation of Christian teaching's and imagined texts such as the highly suspect gospel of Judas for example or the suspect gospel of Mary Magdalene (there could indeed have been such a gospel as she was an Apostle after all but not on of the twelve but if so did it even bare any resemblance to what is probably a Gnostic text originating from the Gnostics whom did not think facts so much as knowledge were more important since they held the belief that knowledge not faith and not grace was the route to salvation so were a truly heretical movement but one that has cropped up again and again in church history).

edit on 30-7-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Is this sarcasm???

There are good Masons and bad Masons. Our country has been infiltrated, good cops and bad cops, except the high positions have been taken over, infiltrated. That is why there is so much corruption now.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stanleybolten2

My bad...

/sarc

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join