It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dementia And Zyrtec

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Good advice...thank you!

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Just wanted to update this thread. Kinda hard as it hurts for two reasons.

It hurts because I was attacked by a couple people. While I understand that, there was a detail left out that I didn't give her the Zyrtec. My sis did unbeknownst to me, but it's still a collective we thing when I'm writing it up. My fault for not providing that detail but heck, I doubt I would have argued whether or not to give it to her.

That probably would have made things more civil as it really is a kick in the butt when I've been feeding her for years, helping her crap and so on.

Anyway, she's going into a home on Wednesday. We just can't give her the care she needs. She fought so hard the other day getting out of bed she gashed her leg on her walker. She's 85, skin and bones, but will fight you to the death to NOT move from where she's sitting or lying and no joke, she's REALLY strong. She hurt my neck the other day and it was aching for an hour.

Even with the hospice care, which BTW seemed to not take any notice of the Zyrtec issue and we told them the truth, it's time. Maybe they are just stupid because I do believe it was a factor. How big, unknown. She seemed to recover a slight bit but she can't even push the poop out of her butt.

I don't think it was a big factor, but A factor and whatever one thinks, this means me and Sis can rest a little easier. We don't have to deal with this for the rest of our lives. Heck, I'd really like to get on with mine, and yeah, I'm damned selfish, but I've dealt with this for years. I wanna take a overnight trip to Sedona dammit and now maybe I can. Haven't had a real life in years.

She will be in good hands. Better than ours.

ETA: About strokes, I'll bring that up when we take her over there. They can get her into the hospital if they feel the need.
edit on 7/25/2021 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

ETA@: Sorry, about the strokes, it probably would have been mini strokes as she can grip like the World's Strongest Man. Seriously, her fighting two of us is crazy and better hope she doesn't swing causes if she connects......

edit on 7/25/2021 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Dammit, Ain't a gonna edit that last post again. I messed it up, that's supposed to be a part of it.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I think you're doing the right thing.

It's very hard, verging on impossible, for family members to properly look after a dementia sufferer. They need to be in a 24 hour nursing environment.

By all means visit her often, she will be frightened and confused by the change. But feel no guilt and enjoy your new freedom.

Great admiration for the sacrifices you have already made.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Thanks. Nothing more to be done except put her to bed tonight, get her up in the morning then hand her off to the home. Visiting will be fun. A long ass drive to see someone who doesn't know who I am.

And ot, I dig Cat Stevens. Watched A Cat's Attic a while back, great show.

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Cat's a good bet for a mellow mood (I prefer his 1970s albums). So is Jethro Tull - again, 1970s stuff and there's only 3 albums that are folky enough for my liking, but they are awesome.

Also, strangely, early Deep Purple. Before In Rock. Very '60s and mellow. Particularly like the 3rd studio album, simply called Deep Purple (how unimaginative is that? 'No I'm too busy guys, just call it Deep Purple. It'll do.')

posted on Jul, 28 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

It's my thread and I'll derail it if I like.

Already established, Cat.

Tull. Yeah, been there. Caught them with ELP, of whom I have a sticker on my car.

I was thinking you were my new BFF but now we have a beef.

DP Mk. 1, the worlds second best cover band next to Vanilla Fudge. Not really inventive, except for April.

There's no winning this argument with me. I've only got around 8,000(slight exaggeration) DP albums and live recordings. I know this bands recordings rather well and well, you are just wrong.

Just...no. Just.........NO!

I always fail to understand your side, which BTW is few and far between, WTF are you hearing?

Check this out from Mk. 2: Ritchie, Jon and Little Ian kill it on this and Mk. 1 never got close to this.

posted on Jul, 29 2021 @ 06:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Mom passed away yesterday. She was supposed to pass. My friend Joe, not so much. Blood clots took him at the age of 40.

Blood clots almost killed me two years ago and they are now enemy #1. Even more than the dementia that took Mom.

I'm a little bit broken but I'll heal. It's been a real rough ride this last week.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Sorry to hear that. Chin up, matey.

It's never easy for us blokes when our old mummy goes.

Life kind of doesn't make sense anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join