It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut up and watch it. . . . Loki

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's on Disney+ if you have it or can get it, I'd get it. I was dissappointed with "Falcon and the Winter Soldier" but thought I'd take a chance with "Loki"

Loki, in the movie "Endgame" escaped and caught the attention of the TVA, the Time Variance Authority, an agency that monitors the timeline of our universe.

Aaand that's all I'll say.

Only 4 episodes sofar and the 4th was a mind blowing one.

So shut up and watch it.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It's on Disney+ if you have it or can get it, I'd get it. I was dissappointed with "Falcon and the Winter Soldier" but thought I'd take a chance with "Loki"

Loki, in the movie "Endgame" escaped and caught the attention of the TVA, the Time Variance Authority, an agency that monitors the timeline of our universe.

So shut up and watch it.

is it about kids hating kids and turning in the parents to the police?

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

So shut up and watch it.

is it about kids hating kids and turning in the parents to the police?

It's a spinoff from the Marvel film franchise.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   

So shut up and watch it.

What issues did you have with FATWS?
Loki has seemed solid, as have every MCU property, in my opinion.

I recognize and agree with some criticisms of heavy handed messages being put forth. But that has been ongoing in marvel since the 60s. The mutants are a well known substitution for race relations since their introduction.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I just couldn't get through the second episode.

May revisit.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

FATWS, did go overboard (imo) with race conversations. But overall (knowing they had to hide a sub-plot of a pandemic for obvious reasons), the series works out.
I do not know you, but we have exchanged keystrokes over the years. I think you might enjoy the ride of the show, even if you disagree with some of the writing you may have already witnessed, and some to be seen later.

Our perspectives are different, but I do not think they are remarkably so.

I look forward to keeping up on your Loki interest.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Loki is the best of the 3 series so far. #4 Was a mindbender. But I enjoyed wanda and the falcon.
With the lack of marvel films at the theater perhaps my expectations were lower.
All three are pushing the larger story forward.

I am looking forward to black widow which may actually be in a theater soon.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'm glad I didn't bow out after episode One...

I know that for those that don't follow any Marvel Timelines, the series is entitled to do a introduction of 'players' in the series so we feel more comfortable. But man I was pretty disappointed.

BUT.... and this is a BIG BUT, I do love most anything to do with Time Travel and on that note alone have stuck with it. After Episode Two I concluded that though a bit tiring at times, the whole concept of variant line's branching off of the timeline was unlike a few others I've watched in the past.

Now as we conclude this last episode... HOLY SMOKES.. WTH happened? Talk about a curveball and a half.

And as I paraphrase our esteemed Author of this thread .. "I don't want to spoil it".

SUMMARY: I'm glad I've stuck with it, it's not a cookie-cutter of a show/series, and I think it can hold it's own. But Time Travel stuff can get tricky when you have a number of alternate timelines.

Johnny

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I appreciate your recommendation, but I wouldn’t give Disney one cent of my money. They are in the cutting edge of corporate ‘wokeism’ and they destroyed Star Wars. They suck.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Watch it with my lad, it’s our Saturday night on the sofa go to at the moment with a bag of sweets. Have to say I’m enjoying it, I think there’s a message in there somewhere. Not so sure about Richard E. Grant showing up in skin tight spandex but let’s see where they go with it.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The Mandalorian was decent, if you have kids around 10 years old I’d highly recommend.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

shut up, I just discovered rick and morty. will be busy

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

FATWS, like Civil War, was a metaphor for lots of things.

It looked at what being a superhero actually means. It showed us there is a hierarchy of heroes,not just based on race.

The race conversations were a metaphor for America coming to terms with itself and its history. The Falcon bridges the past and the present, the hurt and the healing.

The Flag Smashers had a legitimate grievance but, like so many "villains" who have a strong, valid but left wing (not liberal, that's a different species) cause in MSM narratives, it is negated by the choices of individuals. I doubt Marvel expects us to go meta and see that as ironic but, like you said, the series had some weaknesses.

Like the Falcon's speech at the end, the kind of thing you might expect from a Pixar movie. Still, it might come to bite him in the ass.

But yes, worth watching.
edit on 4-7-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: Metallicus

The Mandalorian was decent, if you have kids around 10 years old I’d highly recommend.

I found out the other day that Jon Favreau also did Cowboys and Aliens. Will have to check it out.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous
BUT.... and this is a BIG BUT, I do love most anything to do with Time Travel and on that note alone have stuck with it.

In that case you may be interested in a series I recently binged the first two seasons on Netflix, very well done, I rarely binge an entire series like this one...

Travelers...

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Nah thanks m8. They Woked it up so i'll pass.

top topics

join