It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Motorcycle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Interesting. Although, HD did try to patent the sound you know. I seem to recall a big lawsuit between HD and I think Yamaha over this, when Yamaha started making their V-twins (it was either Yamaha, or Suzuki).

In any case, interesting about the valve timing between the ignition and exhaust stroke. So the cam lobes must not be at 180 degrees from each other then, right? Otherwise you've have the same thing happening between the intake and compression stroke which I would think would cause all sorts of injection issues.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

hey i think their bikes are AWESOME,....BUT,....
i wouldnt want to be the one with the defective battery pack,
and have it burst into flames, or explode, like TESLAS.

and you know youre gonna be charging and draining them
AS FAST AS POSSIBLE, especially with only a 100 mile
hiway limit if you only drive 55..
but i drove an electric scooter around the mountain block,
ITS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT WORLD when you cannot hear
your engine screaming, and very pleasant going slow enough
to look at the scenery,... could use a cup holder for that drive

i bet you could rip the knobs right off the tires though

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cappie

This seems a bit of a worry, high tech requires high tech to keep it running, field conditions would render many of them dumped and lost. During the second world war, the James 90 was dropped with commando regiments a two-stroke. which many commuters bought and kept going twenty years after the affray thanks to war surplus. Some are still going now. It seems with high tech solutions you have third party problems, not only do you have the initial purchase, but have the licenced software which is used to repair the thing still being owned by the manufacturer.
Granted things evolve but the best bikes were already made back in the day, certain things like cast alloy wheels seem to be a great idea, but even they can't be mended like a spoked wheel. Electronic ignition sounds great till you can't get hold of the one part that will keep the thing going. They are pushing electric vehicles as the green solution, but just remember everything that elevated China, all that wealth and money is now in a landfill, how green is that.?

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Forget what I wrote, I remembered it was something with the timing but I mixed it a little bit up.

If we talk about Harley V-Twin. I am used to inline six. The firing sequence is uneven and like this

cylinder 1 fires, 315° later the cylinder 2 fires, then there is a gap 405° until cylinder 1 fires again. 315°+405°is 720 degree firing timing for each piston but they are not evenly spaced out.

It has nothing to do with overlaping cam angles in the way I described.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

They already have, looks like. Its called the Silent Hawk:

www.popsci.com...
spotterup.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

a lot of rather light skinned sheep herders had some nice dirt bikes and nice rifles

and the bikes looked like they were laid down a few times to skuff them up and kicked over a few times, for that sand box look most bikes have there.

I heard stories of guys taking riding 'bitch' using the man up front as a bi pod taking drivers out that were coming at them in 2 shots both to the face.

Granted in Africa they might need a new high speed singles transport but in the ME EVERYONE has a #ty bike so if you take the panels and mirrors and what not off an old bike and put it on a supped up quitted bike you got a nice haji scooter

edit on 13-7-2021 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join