It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealth Motorcycle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
So this Motorcycle is being sold by the Zero Company, it's claim to fame is that it is all electric and silient, the tires running on the ground making the most noise.

Imagine SOCOM giving a bunch of these out to strike forces to run fast and stealthy.

ZERO MMX E-Motorcycle
edit on 3-7-2021 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Freaking awesome.

But I still want to test drive the Dodge Tomahawk...

No I don't. I couldn't handle it.

Have a great 4th!

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

That's not bad. My Honda 750 Shadow got 50 miles per tank. Till that Mustang cut me off.

I was feeling nostalgic with

Star& Flag

edit on 3-7-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   
DARPA was studying this back in 2014:

www.popsci.com...

The study manager was a guy I worked with 10 years before that on a totally different project. Back in 2014, battery technology wasn't what it is today, which is why it had to be a hybrid design. Today, the job can be done better with pure battery power and by private industry. a reply to: Blue_Jay33

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
That is nice but there are laws in many places that require noise makers to be installed on all ellectric vichicles for the vision impaired. At slow speeds, they cannot hear the vehicle moving and that makes them very dangerous. You might want to invest in some baseball cards for the spokes if you get one.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Street Hawk!

Class in a glass sir.

Remember Automan?

Or Air Wolf?

Ah the 80s. LoL

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Manimal...

Yep all those classics. With a touch of televised Blue Thunder.
I'm unintentionally derailing a good thread 🤗👍🏼

Blue_Jay33: if you'll recall. Mercedes-Benz put out a Hydrogen engine car years ago. Quiet and nobody would buy it. So Mercedes-Benz had to ad some sound for consumers. Now they are killing R&D after 30 years. electrek.co...

I think this Bike is a good thing.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
It's cool and I would get myself one if it's affordable, had a licence and wouldn't have a kid. I am sure this rips with torque sensing on cross tracks, gaining lot's of advantage over combustion ones that will make up loose traction with wheel spin.

But as an interceptor on roads like they depict it in the brochure? It's all good, the cost, the torque except the topspeed. It's laughable. 70mph. The R33 GTR I had passes this thing in 1st gear. 79 miles city range. 45min-155 minutes aggressive tactical riding.

Against a combustion engine with real fuel capacity? Okay now we compare it to my EV.

My Tycan Turbo S has a weight/power ratio of 3.11 and a weight/torque ratio of 2.25. It's a four door, four seater.
The ZERO MMX ZF has a weight/power ratio of 5.9 and a weight/torque ratio of 1.17.

It may keep up two seconds with the Tycan and then the Tycan would pull away like it's standing. I assume that in future years, EV will slowly approach the Tycans league.

It's still cool though.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
My father is law always said loud pipes on bikes save lives. Some drivers don’t shoulder check for bikers with a loud bike they might hear you before they see you.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   

SF already use dirt bikes

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

All you need to do is go brrrrrrrrrrmmmmmm real loud while you're riding. Maybe with a bullhorn.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: billxam

But that would not be supporting the baseball card industry. I have heard they have stopped putting bubblegum in the packs.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

That's just a BS wives tale! I've heard that lame-ass excuse a million times if I've heard it once!

No, It's just an excuse for folks to make their Harley's deafening loud and ultra-annoying! It's a scream at the top of their lungs to ..."LOOK AT ME!!!" (not in the safety sense, but rather in the vanity sense).

If they were so concerned about safety, ask yourself this question...A forward facing horn would be a FAR better notification tool than a set of rearward facing straight pipes, so why don't bikers just just ride around with their horns jumpered to 'on'?????

Why? Because it's not "cool" like straight pipes are, AND it would be irritating to them because it's in front of them, just like their straight pipes are to everyone behind them...that's why!

Case closed.
edit on 7/4/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I strongly disagree. The Skyline I drove before was 104db and I didn't do it so "people look at me". Quiet contrary I would be very cautious when I hit the streets so I am not seen. It being so loud, it was the only way to produce enough flow inside the exhaust group to get to the power levels I was. Some others just like it loud and vibrating in their chest.

Of course it's annoying to others but you overestimate your importance in others life about this. Yes there may be a few, those that drive up and down crowded streets but the typical fuel head could not care less about what you think how their car or bike sounds.

edit on 4.7.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Hee hee...I figured that would get some folks spun up!

I'm absolutely certain some people could care less about how others perceive their obnoxious racket! In fact, I'd venture they do it for exactly this reason! In other words, just to piss people off!

Oh, I'm sure a select few do it for performance reasons, like yourself, but the vast majority do it for altogether different reasons. I actually don't mind if someone has a loud car or bike for performance reasons, but the folks who drive around two gears lower than they need to just to make a bunch of noise and/or try to pass their racket off as some safety need are the ones who irritate me. And, you can't possibly tell me you haven't seen these types!

edit on 7/4/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Oh, I'm sure a select few do it for performance reasons, like yourself, but the vast majority do it for altogether different reasons.

You know that... how exactly?

I actually don't mind if someone has a loud car or bike for performance reasons, but the folks who drive around two gears lower than they need to just to make a bunch of noise are the ones who irritate me.

For most engines higher RPM means better performance so your statement is kind of paradox. You also don't know why someone is in high RPM. There are plenty of reasons, like being an idiot, mapping in an engine, performance reasons...

You just assume you know.

And, you can't possibly tell me you haven't seen these types!

I even brought them up as an example.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Oh, I'm sure a select few do it for performance reasons, like yourself, but the vast majority do it for altogether different reasons.

You know that... how exactly?

When I see Harley after Harley riding down a crowded, traffic laden, residential neighborhood street, intentionally and endlessly revving their loud ass straight piped bike at every stoplight and then looking around to see who's pissed off at them. When I see some middle aged, mid-life crisis, dude on his brand new Harley, with his brand new Harley leathers on riding up and down the same gawd-damned street, back and forth, at 8pm at night when there's no traffic because he's afraid to ride in traffic, but he's definitely not afraid to wake up every sleeping child for 6 blocks in every direction. AND, when I see that day after day for years at a time, same faces, same bikes...THAT's how I know "EXACTLY!".

I'm not talking about the true "Live to Ride, Ride to Live" biker types here. Most of those guys are actually pretty respectable with their bikes. No, I'm talking about the biker wannabe's!

You just assume you know.

No, I KNOW!

Okay, so you know them then.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Harley are so loud firstly not because of the exhaust but by intention the cam angles overlap in a way that the exhaust valve opens during expansion phase.

That's what makes the chopper sound, the valve is opening during the explosion phase I think I remember. The exhaust of course amplifies this.

Okay, so you know them then.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 03:28 AM
link   
As electric vehicles become more prominent I won't be surprised if we see an increase of people killed by 'stealth' when they don't hear the car/bike/truck/bus etc. coming as they cross the road with their heads in their phones.

Cool bike, but the only thing that makes it stealth is the marketing. It's just another electric vehicle for us unimaginative folks.
Electric bikes are not exactly a new thing either to be an extra buzzkill.

But kudos for giving this company some free advertising.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I was thinking about Street Hawk when I saw the picture.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join