It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell the final verdict

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
I'm so tired of the same few events (Roswell, Rendleshem etc) keep getting brought up. Stuff is happening NOW, why not focus on them?

In a few years, they'll all be rehashed to death as well, with the end result being we'll just be in the same old situation anyway. Yeah, I'm old and cynical. This UFO stuff makes you that way if you're paying attention.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just watched this...I have a few issues with their lie detector.

1st, and most importantly, they're utilizing AI in order to read microexpressions on their faces. The footage of testimony that they're analyzing looks like it is all from the late 80s to mid 90s. The issue with that is the footage isn't very good quality. If the footage is poor, how can you reliably believe results that depends on details?

2nd, the show doesn't go into the specific data used to determine what exactly is true and what is a lie. It just flashes the result.

3rd, lie detectors of all types don't detect deception. They detect intent to decieve. That's an important distinction. They're still not perfect, however. A Dartmouth study on AI lie detection in 2019 came with around a 91% accuracy rating. By comparison, your traditional polygraph has around an 87% accuracy rating. I'd imagine that accuracy would go down with the crappy witness footage due to artifacts in the audio and video.

All that being said, it's a good show with decent recreating to set the scene. It's a good way to spend a lazy afternoon

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Seems unnecessary to imprison Brazel for 4 days over a weather balloon.

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Type1338
Not a weather balloon but an ultra top secret Detection Balloon for Soviet Nuclear tests.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Not a weather balloon but an ultra top secret Detection Balloon for Soviet Nuclear tests.

You mean Project Mogul. That's what you're referring to. That theory was debunked as it was proven that flight number 4 (the supposed culprit) was cancelled and never flew.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Type1338

originally posted by: Blackfinger

You mean Project Mogul. That's what you're referring to. That theory was debunked as it was proven that flight number 4 (the supposed culprit) was cancelled and never flew.

The man running that project was Charles Moore.

Moore doesn't say flight number 4 was the supposed culprit, he says he can't think of any explanation for Roswell other than one of his early June service flight balloons.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8
I think Charles Moore summed it up in his affidavit:
"I can think of no other explanation for Roswell than one of our early June service flight balloons."

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Why would Brazel say in his newspaper interview on July 9, 1947 - "I am sure that what I found was not any weather observation balloon"? He was supposedly accompanied by the military throughout his time in Roswell and they waited for him outside of the radio station while he was interviewed. They were to make sure the he followed the military story of a weather balloon crash and he does the interview and he says it wasn't a weather observation balloon.
Newspaper Interview

This story came about in the book 'Crash at Corona' written by two UFOlogists 30+ years later.

posted on Aug, 1 2021 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8

Why would Brazel say in his newspaper interview on July 9, 1947 - "I am sure that what I found was not any weather observation balloon"? He was supposedly accompanied by the military throughout his time in Roswell and they waited for him outside of the radio station while he was interviewed. They were to make sure the he followed the military story of a weather balloon crash and he does the interview and he says it wasn't a weather observation balloon.
Newspaper Interview

This story came about in the book 'Crash at Corona' written by two UFOlogists 30+ years later.

I'm not making my point clear so I apologize. If the military wanted to avoid the suspicion of the crash being anything OTHER than "a weather balloon" then the last thing they should have done was to imprison and intimidate him. It's an indirect admission that it wasn't "a weather balloon".

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I dont think i have ever seen anyone suggest the theory that the crash was between A Mogal baloon array and a UAV. It would cover both the observations from witnessess at both crash sites.

I can just see Thor and his buddies frantically trying to untangle a trail of balloons and radar targets before slamming into the ground in an intergalactic 'Duh!" Moment.
edit on k2021000000831213America/ChicagoMon, 02 Aug 2021 04:01:01 -05002021 by kountzero because: typos and formatting

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join