It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Lex Fridman interview with Yeonmi Park (Powerful interview and reality check).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 04:03 AM
link   
This was such a powerful interview and probably one of Lex's best in terms of pure emotion, so I thought I would share and let Yeonmi speak for herself.

Just a brief on her, she escaped from North Korea, her escape led her into China as a sex slave, then she actually made it to the US.

To say I almost broke down in tears a few times is an understatement.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: xuserdefined

Unfortunately many will not take the time to listen to her sad but awesome story . There are people all over the world under the yoke of despots or totalitarian regimes with absolutely no hope of escaping. What gets me in any society are the enforcers that for a crumb of bread or perceived status will do anything to please their masters to include hurting or killing their own fellow citizens.

edit on 727rdk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Yeah me and my ol lady watched her story with Tim pool. Both of us were crying our eyes out by the time she was done. Fvck BLM. Posers. If they don’t like America go to fvckin North Korea. They will happily take you.
edit on 3-7-2021 by NotGuilty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   
many of us here post that live in Asia and read news in the local dialect . Sadly Americans think that getting welfare is cool. That is rare in the countries where the govt. DOES NOT like its people to take power.

Bottom line is Americans think it is cool these days to have a communist leader over their lives, well, they are royally fkd in when they wake up.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 04:57 AM
link   
He should have talked about the " ghost ships " arriving on the coast of Japan. That is a fact.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I don't know. I admit I have become a bit jaded.

I view anything the media is pushing, or is viral on the internet, with a tad of suspicion.

I found that everyone is not in agreement with the validity of her stories.

She won't be the first person that has been used to manipulate emotions, to support a deceptive agenda.

thediplomat.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Every entitled brat in the US should be forced to watch this so they know what real oppression is.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don't know. I admit I have become a bit jaded.

I view anything the media is pushing, or is viral on the internet, with a tad of suspicion.

I found that everyone is not in agreement with the validity of her stories.

She won't be the first person that has been used to manipulate emotions, to support a deceptive agenda.

thediplomat.com...

I'm pretty much on this mindset as well, matter of fact I may even believe the opposite since it's constantly trying to be shoved down my throat at how bad NK is.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well, if your only take away is that she is not being entirely truthful about her life journey then you might have missed some of the other important commentary she had. I didn't get the feeling she was fabricating anything, but she did seem to have some definite signs of trauma and probably PTSD.

Her personal story aside, what got me was her commentary on the fact that people have giant fundraisers raising millions for endangered animals but no one seems to want to lift a finger for oppressed people that are starving to death. It just seems a little hypocritical. I get that some people figure they are picking the battles and ideologies they can win, but wouldn't it be nice if humanity could clean its own self up first?

If we turn our back on people that are starving to death what does that say about us as a species?

It also made me sad that after all she has been through, the sentiment and take away she feels about going to a prestigious western college like Columbia is that she feels there is a strange sense of self loathing that permeates the upper crust and academia of western society that is pushing a similar mindset she saw in North Korea (and China).

Its terrible that our governments know about all of this and for decades do nothing, again the similarities and parallels to people turning their backs on concentration camps and the holocausts are all to disturbing to what's been happening.

I get that some people might not agree with some of her more conservative opinions, but that's the beauty of living in a free country, we can have opinions and disagreements one day...and maybe the next day have another discussion that changes our minds completely and find common ground.

Her take on the unfortunate turn of recent events is that people are being silenced, shamed, and ridiculed for stating their opinion in these free countries (right or wrong) is alarming (coming from someone that came from an oppressive regime). People are being held accountable for the sins of their ancestors and put into quasi castes they cannot escape from (again echoing the same things she saw in NK and China).

I just hope everyone can get together and put their differences aside and do the right things for a change. Forget politics or sides, or jabs, or face covers, or racial tensions or religious differences...when people are starving to death for no damn good reason, that is pure evil and I would like to think just about everyone can agree on that. So why don't our governments do something about it?

edit on 3-7-2021 by xuserdefined because: spelling and grammar

edit on 3-7-2021 by xuserdefined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kaiju666

Why don’t you go there and tell us how it is, if that is what you believe.

youtu.be...

Here is Dennis Rodman so scared in North Korea he snaps on Chris Cuomo for trying to get him and his team killed while he’s over there.
If Dennis is scared, you should be too.
edit on 3-7-2021 by NotGuilty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NotGuilty

I've never seen that interview before. Dennis is a good man, he did what he could to open that door. I'm saving this clip to keep me motivated.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Agreed. He did all he can do to bridge a gap. At the end of the day he’s only a basketball player and that’s all we should expect him to do. Tough guy Chris had no problem sitting safely in his chair making demands from Dennis while Dennis is surrounded by rifles off camera.

new topics

top topics

join