It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your childhood dangerous endeavors

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

We used to jump off the roof of the house onto the trampoline. My mom said we could. I think she wanted us to kill ourselves

LMAO your ma was hoping for the perfect murder. That's hilarious!

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

My older brother was into sling-shotting windows. He graduated from car windows to the elephant-sized single-sheet pain glass window at the local McDonald's. He said when the pellet hit the glass, the whole sheet turned white and then fell like the Twin Towers. Fries and lettuce crisscrossed the air as people ran and hid under the tables in terror.

Now this is one of those holy sh!ts to laughing your ass off get a ways.

He never got caught?

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision
a reply to: Randyvine2

In my teens we used to do this thing called 'Bladding', where you'd buy a Hostess Fruit Pie, lay it in the middle of the road until a car runs over it, then eat it off the hot asphalt. Why, you ask? Bladding was like Fight Club. You couldn't tell anyone what 'Bladding' was until they agreed to do it. So by the time they got the explanation, it was too late. They had to do it.

Have fun w this one at the next party.

It sounds like you hung around some insane figures as well as my
flip tards. That's pretty kind of gross a little bit. The closest we came
to that was tying a purse to a fishing line with a couple dollars hanging
out the purse in the middle of the street. People would stop to grab the
purse and we'd real that sucker in. One old man chased it all the way up
to the chain lock fence and grabbed the purse and took the two bucks.
We were laughing our ass off till the ice cream man came by and we
didn't have any money.

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

You were Arrested? Girl we gotta meet up if nothing else just to be friends.
From 16 to 19 I spent at least 10 weekends washing police cars.
You are like hero status where I come from. Evel Knievel got nothing on ya!

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You were Arrested?

Twice!

Cops know me by my forename, not in this city though. Mainly for "unnecessary drifting around" on field roads but they tolerated it most of the time. They would have had to call in you to wash their car because have you seen the dust plume a RWD car produces on a sandy gravel road?

I was never endangering others, hurting them, never stole or betrayed someone. It was always victimless. Like too loud of an exhaust, growing devilish herbs, shredding McD trays or "misuse of a car", as in, it's supposed to drive straight, not sideways. Never on public roads! Always field roads, closed off roads for constructions, race tracks or drag strips.

Now I drive EV and they can't hear #, it's beating my old R33 GTR with 1000+WHP though. Ha! Who laughs now, cops, it's complete street legal and they can't do nothing. NOTHING HAHAHAHAHAH *chokes on a gummi bear*

edit on 3.7.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Same here always juvenile crap getting caught drag racing
down the backside of Chino high. Cruising the school with
rifles behind the seat cause I didn't have a rack to display
them out in the open. The time I got busted for that was
right out in front the high school after last period. Everyone
saw me getting arrested. By Monday when first period rolled
around. The talk all over the school was that Randy got in
shoot out with the police in front of the school on Friday.

People were telling me what happened and I'd just say, "Yep
and I was shot dead". lol Rumors
edit on 3-7-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

People were telling me what happened and I'd just say, "Yep
and I was shot dead". lol Rumors

One day I was pushing a baby carriage back and forth when an older friend, who's baby it was, had to step into the woods for a second.

At that moment, where I rocked the carriage to sooth the baby, two elderly women came around. After they passed me, I clearly could hear one saying like "She has hidden it well from the public that she was pregnant".

I was like 16 or 17 lol. Later there was rumor I gave the baby away, because the friend was from a different town and they never saw me with a baby again.

People... lol

Add: Later I learned that in the 50s or around that, young pregnant women were often send away to hide the pregnancy. They were on a "school" and stuff, I think that is connected to what they said.

edit on 3.7.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

LMAO that is so messed up !

I think we're the best kind of people we could ever hope to be.
Only get in enough trouble to keep it fun.
edit on 3-7-2021 by Randyvine2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Town people...

posted on Jul, 3 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

My parents did insist on a helmet which ended up a good idea after I skidded out and face planted. The shield on my helmet saved my face.

Many years ago? I bet you're still pretty. And I'm still a big flirt,...

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The giant arc of flames was a spectacular sight as it arched through the sky! We never dreamed it would work that well! Fire shot for hundreds of feet. "Wait!...WARD, WAIT!!!!" We'd spent all our time designing our weapons-grade flame thrower, and we'd forgotten to plan what would happen at the other end of the streak of flames...and now that the neighbor's entire front lawn, 3 doors down, was completely ablaze, and half the street about a block away was also engulfed in flames from a 2nd shot, and a 3rd volley was headed skyward from a now maniacally laughing Ward, I figured we were in DEEP DOO-DOO!! My fears were confirmed when I heard the fire engines coming roaring down the road, one after another! Later that evening, I had a 5-Alarm blaze going on all over my backside following that little stunt!

I don't even know what to say to say to this. ONTFLMAO

I keep picturing your neighbors as the Lannisters

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
As a kid I had a horse a dog and a trusty BB gun which ended up as a pump pellet gun then a 16 gauge shot gun which I first fired at the age of 8. The gun knocked me on my butt..By 10 years of age I was Dove hunting with the 16 gauge if I could get some ammo. I always had a gun with me and never to my knowledge shot anything I did not intend to shoot. I was to small to get a saddle on some of the horses so bare back it was. Never shoot a shot gun from horse back without a saddle as the horse takes great offense at the sudden noise!!

There was a huge gravel Pit that had standing water and 30 foot cliffs that I used to shoot turtles and do cliff climbing. If I would have fallen and been hurt I probably would not be typing this. I still marvel at my stupidity !

Being on a farm I was driving (by 7) in the pasture with the pickup which pulled the old cycle mower which we used to cut the long grass for cattle feed. I could not reach the pedals so I would have to stand up in front of the seat to use the clutch and gas pedal. When I was 12 I took the families Ford Thunderbird (1958 ?) out for a spin to see what it would do. 138 MPH was all I was brave enough to push it too.. I nearly melted the brakes slowing it back down to the speed limit.. Dad and Mom never found out.. Lucky Lucky Lucky !!

I had a girlfriend who's father would not let her drive a car at 14 but Dad let her use a two seat piper cub.... We used to go flying several times a month just looking for a place to land an be alone.. Those were some great days.. Surprise we did not crash falling into an unseen hole at some of the places we landed and took off from. She was crazy like me.. She got married to a French guy (big bucks) who did not want her to fly anymore.. So she started raising kids instead..

We had BB gun fights but the rule was no shooting above the Nipples and everyone abides by the rules or you will never get to play again. It was always winter time with big thick coats so no one ever got hurt.

I started playing in a rock and roll band when I was 14. By the time I was 16 we played all over the place as far as gigs and after every set you would take a 15 minute break. We had a steady gig at the Sundowner night club so on our breaks we would drink. I can not count all the nights driving home I had to pull over and throw up ! One night while bent over in a grader ditch I asked my self why ?????????? I stopped drinking then other than an occasional social drink and have never been drunk since. I have had friends that stayed in music who are long ago dead because of either dope or they drank themselves to death.

It seems like most of the stupid scary stuff happened when I was older and usually involved some type of aircraft. I did airshows for a couple of years but I never bent the bird or crashed or even really worried .

In my patriotic war I flew into places where people were shooting at me and my crew but always made it out alive.. Today if someone asked me to do that I think I would just say, "Go ahead I will stand here a wait to see if you return"!

Probably the most dangerous thing is back in the 70s I road a motorcycle all the time in Thailand... I had a place out by the airport and if I drove in a car to Bangkok it would take an hour and twenty minutes due to traffic so I sold my 57 Ford Thunderbird and bought a motorcycle... On the motorcycle I could get to Bangkok in less than 20 minutes; use your imagination ... Never laid the bike over or got hit but again, Lucky lucky lucky.

edit on 727thk21 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I was about 9 and playing with some kids in this field.

There had been a building on the land at some point, but all that remained was this stone gate post. So we played the imaginative game of climbing the post and jumping off, to prove we could do it without getting hurt. I lost.

One of my hands landed on a broken glass bottle hidden in the grass. Cut my hand clean open, big flap of bloody skin with the sinews of my hand visible underneath.

Had 4 stitches put in it but it didn't knit. The wound became septic and the flap of skin was cut off.

I played indoors a lot after that.

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Good grief, unless you bones sticking out...you weren't doin' it right!

LOL!

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Heh...as a kid I had one of those banana-seat stingray bikes. Mine wasn't a Schwinn, but some kind of a K-Mart knock-off my Mom picked up at a garage sale. Anyway, one time I was over at my buddy's house for our weekly Cub Scout meeting (his Mom was our Den Mother). After the meeting we were all watching TV and they had a show on about Evel Knievel and one of his jumps where he crashed (hard), but said he was going to walk away.

There was a big hill down the road from my buddy's house, and one thing led to another. We set up a board on a couple cinder blocks and were seeing how far anyone dared to go up the hill to speed down and go over this homemade jump. My first jump was pretty uneventful, but by the time my 2nd turn rolled around we were pretty far up that hill!

I was pretty sure this was going to be my last jump, we couldn't really go any higher on the hill. Only God knows why I did what I did next, but in some sort of flash of complete insanity I decided to make my final jump a flashy one! I would speed down the hill and before I got to the jump I would pull my hands off the handlebars and jump no-handed...and be "cool" like Evel Knievel was.

Just before I hit the ramp I could tell something was seriously wrong, but there was no time. I'm not sure exactly what happened next, but I'm pretty sure that little knobby thing on your handlebars came up and nailed me right in the balls, and then there was this really loud, but dull, **THUD** (which must have been my big ol' melon-head bouncing off the ground), then I saw sky, and ground, and sky, and a really good closeup of the ground, then sky but this time with my bike in the picture, then just a super clear look at my back sprocket as it ricocheted off my face, and finally this horrible grinding sound as my corpse slid to a stop. And just like that, it was over! Well, not exactly.

Of course my friends all knew I was dead, but I jumped up thinking I was going to walk it off just like Evel Knievel did. Not happenin'! I took one step and my foot was tangled up in the spokes on my bike, did a direct face-plant and mashed my balls again on the pedal and somehow mangled my right thumb. I'm not exactly sure what hurt worse, the crash, or the falling on top of my bike part. Then I suddenly came to the conclusion that nothing on Earth is more painful than mashing your nards not once, but TWICE, in the span of 5 seconds.

I actually did sort of walk it off, kind-of. More like, I dragged my broken body and twisted bike back to my friend's house, half sniveling and half crying and sort of collapsed on his lawn. By this time my Mom had shown up (some of the kids dutifully went and told her I was dead). It was kind of weird when she came running up because I couldn't really tell if she wanted to kill me (again), or hug me cuz I wasn't dead.

You know...that Evel Knievel dude is either really tough, or really crazy!

edit on 7/4/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wow, where to start? Bottle rocket wars, slug jumping contests (place a firecracker under a slug, light fuse, highest jump wins) riding in an open truck bed on the freeway with friends, playing in the rafters of new housing developments (nice of those builders to make all that playground equipment). My buddy brought his grandpa's rifle to show and tell. It had to stay at the teacher's desk until class was dismissed.

In high school we hitchhiked, broke into the high school often, drove my buddy's car all around town at age 14.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join