It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question on Masonic Matters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Hi, I have a question for any masons out there and would be grateful for an answer, the answer is quite hard to find on the net... so heres the question.

In order to be accepted into the Masons you have to have a belief in a supreme being that is higher than you, Yes!
But what if your belief is that the supreme being is like the other half of you, or you are an opposite reflection of that being.
Or even if your belief was that you were that supreme being, could you still get in if you did not bow to a supreme being, or take an oath stating that there was a higher power than you?

Thanks

edit on 2-7-2021 by Panartisis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Panartisis
Hi, I have a question for any masons out there and would be grateful for an answer, the answer is quite hard to find on the net... so heres the question.

In order to be accepted into the Masons you have to have a belief in a supreme being that is higher than you, Yes!
But what if your belief is that the supreme being is like the other half of you, or you are an opposite reflection of that being.
Or even if your belief was that you were that supreme being, could you still get in if you did not bow to a supreme being, or take an oath stating that there was a higher power than you?

Thanks

Do you believe in the immortality of your soul? Answer that within yourself and you have answered your question about what constitutes belief in a supreme being.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well Im not sure, is it only the soul in there? is the Soul and the Spirit the same thing, sometimes i feel my gut communicating with me and sometimes its my head, sometimes its emotion, sometimes its impulse... Im not sure whats what tbh, i believe i have been here many times before in a line back to the original type or source of light/dark, or whatever.

to be short, im not really sure of anything.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   

i believe i have been here many times before

This "i" you mention, that has been here many times before, is your energy/your soul/your spirit - they are all words that describe the same idiom. Given this is your instinct, you have confirmed your belief in the immortality of the soul. People that have experienced DeeEmmTee often encounter what they refer to as a supreme being, and usually during those encounters, they also get to see their soul/spirit too.

Might pay to look into and research that.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 05:33 AM
link   

So how long have you been a Mason now?

Or am I thinking of someone else?

Johnny

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous
Or am I thinking of someone else?

You are thinking of someone else, I am not a Freemason but find the virtues of philanthrophy and charity and brotherhood espoused to be very admirable and so volunteer at my local Rotary Club (usually doing carpentry and concreting for members).

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   
If you are the supreme being, you don’t need to be a mason. You are the grand architect of the universe.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Don't know about Masons too much. Ones I've known won't talk about inner sanctum, Mason hoodoo. One Mason I know, that tried to recruit me, said he can flash his Mason card and get off traffic tickets, guess a lot of police are Masons. I did have a secret decoder ring from a cereal box when I was a child, and believe in a Supreme Being Masons seem to be afraid to call Lord Jesus, though there are also a number of Christian Masons. Problem is, they accept any old God, of any religion, any scripture, which is not Christian (a lot of people claim they're Christian, while sucking Satan's kneecaps as a lifestyle, don't even know it). Otherwise, it's like nailing Jello to a wall to get a concrete notion exactly who their supreme being is. The same Mason that tried to recruit me said they built Noah's ark and the pyramids, but he, himself, a car dealer and couldn't lay brick for squat. I don't know that they're not all on meds. There has been a lot in the news about, at the highest degrees, ex-Masons saying the supreme being is really old slew foot. Anyway, those little white aprons strike me as pretty gay, like their hairy butts are trying to look like French maids. But I think a Mason supreme being could pop out of a mummy's tomb and strangle somebody, especially Roman Catholics. Whether that's a good idea or not, who can say?

I think the main thing about many adult frats is to be a member of an elitist, privileged group that can help you socially advance, networking, making connections with people of power and influence, or simply a large group. People have been known to use traditional churches to increase their customer base, dust all over their Bibles or edges still pristine in their gold gilt, squirming in a pew an hour a week, pained to get to brunch, then football or golf and another week of screwing over their fellow man, any way possible. There's about as much true religion among the frat boys and many in church congregations as there would be worshiping a cigar store Indian, and all dark rituals, done in secret, are worthless, if not childish. None of it impresses the one Almighty God of Holy Bible scripture.

edit on 2-7-2021 by Scrutinizing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

You are not the messiah, i am the messiah... you are just a very naughty boy

ha, coudnt resist that.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

I agree with some of that and it made me have a genuine chuckle, but i dont think we can tar all masons with the same brush, in fact i dont think the majority are any different from the rest of us non masons... we all trying to figure life out and think we are all on the right track, and maybe we are, different paths to the same destination.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Panartisis

Its ok...the Messiah isnt God either...

Just one many Messiahs

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yeah I was trying to be funny ripping off Monty python there, when i first seen American Gods on TV I felt that it was trying to get that point across, like belief creates gods, and its humans that are the creators of gods, and yet it is humans that believe that the gods created them, and now we have another human creation called technology taking over from gods. People worship stars like gods, copy their look, the way they speak and what they do... But this has always been the case i know, but it is going through the levels fast, i spent one week on TikToK and it really opened my eyes, to how much everyone is acting in an almost robotic way. I did find some were very original in that week, but maybe they were the influencers, i dont know, but if you want to shape the future, conditioning the masses via social media seems a great way to do that.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   

we all trying to figure life out and think we are all on the right track, and maybe we are, different paths to the same destination.

It's still an uphill battle to get the Lord Jesus to edit out all that talk of one way to the Father, strait gates and narrow ways, a real bitch to convince the Lord He's a religious bigot. But it's always good to hear from you, Francis. Can I call you Frankie? Do keep us posted if you do a video feed of another Koran reading at St. Peter's. Antichrists got to eat, too.

edit on 2-7-2021 by Scrutinizing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

If you think you're God the Masons aren't for you.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I respect the Masonic club because they allow all races and all genders.

Sam's club too.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I have a question not to hijack this thread but I see a lot of stuff about how that Supreme being can also be lucifer and actually that is what is taught in higher level masonry is that lucifer is actually Jesus. I read a lot of wacky stuff just wondered if you would bestow your input on that?

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

Lucifer, the Christian invention, is mythologically created by God and is therefore by default not a Supreme Being.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Pardon my interruption, but could I trouble you for a more thorough explanation of how you REALLY feel??

LOL!!

Great post though...for the entertainment value of it!

edit on 7/2/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Pardon my interruption, but could I trouble you for a more thorough explanation of how you REALLY feel??

Sorry, I would, but, as you can tell, my strict policy is to go to great lengths to remain circumspect, but thank you for your interest.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join