It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copperhead Snake Found

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z
Look up copperhead .

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Yea the Diamondbacks are big dudes for sure the Mojave is an average 3' snake much smaller but the venom is deadly and there is actually 2 types of venom depending on the snakes environment and usual prey. They have a hemotoxic and neurotoxic variety...they aren't aggressive though but if one wandered into my space out in NM it was getting the chop because of how dangerous their bite is.

Copperheads will rush you and I have personally had it happen a few times. My biggest fear when I used to do satellite and cable work was being under a house and running into one who was feeling froggy. There would be no way to run fast enough and I would be most certainly getting bit maybe a few times. So they got the chop because they like to attack. Mind you if I am in the woods or something I would leave them be but around my house no way.
edit on 2-7-2021 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

No I am thinking of the copperhead...in fact even a quick cursory search will show results backing up exactly everything I said.

As a kid and basically all through my life I have been interested in snakes spiders and sharks. Read every book I could get my hands on when library's were a thing and as I aged I read about them online. I may not have any degrees in the field but I don't speak from a place of ignorance on this subject.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well folks he is safely in the care of a professional now. The gentleman who took him has been handling snakes like this one for around 20 years, and promised to look after it until its ready for release. Wonder how many Copperheads travel over 50 miles from home in their life times

I appreciate everyone's help, insight, knowledge and experience here

Also good to see those interested in looking after some of the less "desirable" creatures we live among

You all were a big help

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Did he mention what he thought might have been wrong with it?

posted on Jul, 4 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

He thought it was getting ready to shed

Had a text message today from him, confirmed that shredding started and hes doing well

Once his shed is over, the guy will feed him once to make sure he's all 10 4 and then release him into the wild

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join