It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with bill Cosby??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
He was rich?

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Good question!

He still had sex without consent (I.e., rapist) and has done this more than once.

At this point, “What is up with Bill Cosby”, is the most intelligent question we can ask!

Lock up your wife and daughters, there is a known rapist on the loose!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Agreed!

It is hard to imagine such low sentences, especially given the nature of a rape, a very serious crime and infringement of another's rights. I always held rape with crimes like arson, kidnapping, murder, that sort of deal even though my state provides for sentencing not to exceed 10 years. If a child is the victim, a 40 year maximum can be imposed and if any physical damage is caused a life sentence can be imposed. Its a shame that adult victims will only see their attacker taken off the streets for a max of 10 years

The worst part is, rape constitutes a "forcible felony" and gives individuals the legal authority to use deadly force to prevent themselves or another person from being raped. Yet, when the offender survives (and they usually do), its a 10 year sentence (plus $100,000.00 max fine)

Our legislatures could do much more to keep these predators off the streets. They do it once and they are likely to continue re-offending

I have two daughters, both are well trained with firearms but only one regularly carries. And given the stats how many rapes involve a close friend/someone they trust, its always a worry in my head
They are tough cookies and have good heads on their shoulders, good common sense and all that, but they are also very trusting and I guess a lot like me, they will go out of their way to help someone without really thinking of the potential consequences of it

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
He still had sex without consent (I.e., rapist) and has done this more than once.
Lock up your wife and daughters, there is a known rapist on the loose!!!

I'm not arguing pros or cons here but, I feel a few things need to be said.

The definition of "rape" has evolved over the years. Several of these accusers have admitted going back to Cosby multiple times. With them knowing what had happened previous times, a case could be made that they "consented" by going back.

These happened in a different Society than what we have now. Back when this occurred the "She was asking for it" defense was prevalent. At that time dressing a certain way, going to certain places or using alcohol or drugs, would have lead some people to believe that the victim was "asking for it". Google Kitty Genovese and read why some people didn't come to her aid.

As I said, I'm not condoning this, I'm just stating the way that it was. Police and the Courts at that time were not going to get involved with two people under, the influence, over a "he said, she said".

That was then, this is now.
Now we've gone to a different extreme. Now it's automatically, the woman must be believed without question, hang the man. Due to media hype, people don't pay attention to the actual legal definition, they go by what the media tells them to believe. Look at what is going on at Colleges and Universities. A Google search will find dozens of cases of a man being expelled over being accused of Sexual Harassment or Rape. People are questioning why there are no arrests? Because either the incident doesn't meet the LEGAL definition of Harassment or Rape, or the College or University hid the incident or destroyed any proof of a crime.

Cosby's lawyers used the Rule of Law to get his conviction overturned. He didn't "get away" with anything. That's media hype. The important questions still hasn't been asked and probably never will be. Why did a CRIMINAL Prosecutor get involved with a CIVIL case? Another is "Why did the Prosecutor pursue a case against Cosby, knowing that he had immunity?

There is an interesting side to this. After all ATS is a conspiracy site. Why did all of this come up only after Cosby criticized the Black Leadership of Philadelphia?

I'm the oldest in my family, with three Sisters, a Niece and two Great Nieces. If something like this was to happen to one of them, I'm not going to waste the Police's time with it. I'll take care of it myself.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I'm the oldest in my family, with three Sisters, a Niece and two Great Nieces. If something like this was to happen to one of them, I'm not going to waste the Police's time with it. I'll take care of it myself.

Hear hear

However, we ignored he said/she said in favor of the evidence. With the advantage of DNA later on, and the investigative tool called the rape kit. Convictions are won and lost by the DNA and physical evidence documented by the rape kit, which is performed by hospital staff vs law enforcement

We never turned a blind eye. Just couldn't defame someone by charging them with a serious crime unless supported by the evidence

Rushing to charge someone will likely result in an exoneration. This precludes future charges, even if more evidence came to light

This is why I recommend our female friends and family arming themselves and getting good with said weapons. Someone tries to harm them, they just stepped on a rattlesnake. No trials for the dead

I think the court made the right call. Just like they did in Miranda. But there were crimes committed

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

I agree with you. My Cousin is a retired State Police officer. Things like this were his job. He says the exact same thing that you just did.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Heck JIMC5499 it is so much these days I believe they even have a name for it...the "CSI effect" ha ha

Where unless DNA evidence is presented at the trial juries are hesitant to convict any more

Sadly, given the sheer number of things (little & big) some folks will lie about these days, I can understand the hesitation

Cheers my friend

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join