It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles Reinstating Mask Mandate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
www.google.com...

According to CNN due to the spread of the Delta Variant they are reinstating the mask mandate on a voluntary basis with some locations already complying.

What does this mean for our future as a country and what is the best evidence for and against the efficacy of masks as a risk mitigation device against the spread of COVID?

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I know the crooks gropers robbers shoplifters and rapists love this return to mandated masks.

Masks are the number one headache for security personnel and law enforcement, when it comes to identifying criminals.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I know the crooks gropers robbers shoplifters and rapists love this return to mandated masks.

Masks are the number one headache for security personnel and law enforcement, when it comes to identifying criminals.

The masks are voluntary, not mandatory.
There’s concern the Delta variant is more virulent and causes more severe disease.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Think it was a topic about a supermarket in England, that they are using facial recognition technology creeping in to our shops……not sure how it is over there, but on my passport I’m bald and clean shaven….now I’ve long hair and a big beard, the biometrics at an airport still recognise me…..I’m sure masks have been added into the equation somewhere along the line…..although it will probably be used to as an excuse to say ‘well he/she had a mask on so we can’t identify the person who is being used for our agenda, but will be used to be able to identify those against the tptb agenda

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wasn’t it in the email leaks about fauci saying the masks that we buy aren’t effective as he wanted the n95 masks not to be bought by us, and saved for doctors and nurses etc…….are we buying the n95 masks now…..nope….so it really isn’t going to matter now is it……

originally posted by: Gandalf77

There’s concern the Delta variant is more virulent and causes more severe disease.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CautiouslyOptimus

Nobody there wants to take them off any way. Place smells
like kings landing. And should burn.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

and super-heroes...

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akaspeedy
Wasn’t it in the email leaks about fauci saying the masks that we buy aren’t effective as he wanted the n95 masks not to be bought by us, and saved for doctors and nurses etc…….are we buying the n95 masks now…..nope….so it really isn’t going to matter now is it……

N95 masks are effective at filtering small particles, but the virus is smaller than the masks can filter. N95 masks also must be replaced after a short time, and cannot be re-used, as they clog.

The purpose of masks against COVID-19 is that they effectively reduce the velocity of exhaled air. This reduces the distance that an airborne virus particle may travel from a person who is infected, and therefore reduces transmissibility of the virus.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

I don't know the difference. You can't go inside any building without one.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Haven't we perfected the study of covid-19 enough to know if a strain is more deadly or not?

Sounds like all the experts haven't learned squat.

It's so simple. 1,000 people get the Delta variant, how many of those 1,000 died?

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Squeamish people who could see what we exhale every time we breathe, would be for mask mandates 24/7 in all public locations.

edit on 6/29/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CautiouslyOptimus
www.google.com...

According to CNN due to the spread of the Delta Variant they are reinstating the mask mandate on a voluntary basis with some locations already complying.

How do you call something voluntary a mandate?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Virtue signaling never remains “voluntary” for long.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Thats a good point.

I am not using mask anywhere not even at my dr appt today in States and no one cares.

Its all 'recommended, request '

a reply to: Akaspeedy

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I just laughed the # out loud.

This is a gross misnomer in terms

Conflating lol a mandate....but its voluntary....but some MAY be complying.

Everyone can go # themselves.

a reply to: underpass61

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
For n95 masks yes….but we are all still walking around using the cheap ass masks that they wanted us to use…….I’ve not seen anyone using an n95, even after the leaked fauci emails….so we are still not having any protection, so the mask mandate is pointless as far as I can see….

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Akaspeedy

N95 masks are effective at filtering small particles, but the virus is smaller than the masks can filter. N95 masks also must be replaced after a short time, and cannot be re-used, as they clog.

The purpose of masks against COVID-19 is that they effectively reduce the velocity of exhaled air. This reduces the distance that an airborne virus particle may travel from a person who is infected, and therefore reduces transmissibility of the virus.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I just have a image in my head of the 2 richest people on earth going doubble or nothing u cant get them to do it
Twice

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 04:37 PM
link   
And that’s a good point….smoking cigarettes is a massive killer….yet we aren’t forced to stop smoking…..just it’s bad……alcohol…..another big killer and massive drain in hospitals…..still ok to consume as much as you see fit…….salt, sugar, the list goes on……oh yeah, I see it now……a virus and mass mask buying is another big money maker for tptb…….

Just quoting for a friend…..

originally posted by: markovian

originally posted by: dug88

I just have a image in my head of the 2 richest people on earth going doubble or nothing u cant get them to do it
Twice

edit on 29-6-2021 by Akaspeedy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Crime is way down. Criminals are not using their masks to cover their identities any more now than in the before time. If you have statistics to the contrary, please feel free to post it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join