It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a near reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The old man, old before his time perhaps walked down the street, sweet wrappers and other litter blew about like the autumn leaves of old but very few leaves were actually among the dirt that filled the gutters of the streets.

It was a warm day but here and there patches of dampness clung in the shadows hinting at the rain that had fallen the night before and despite the sun there were plenty of cloud's breaking up the grey blue of the sky above.

He thought to himself and seeing a graffiti covered bench sat down on it looking out over the busy road oblivious to the stupidity of a bench with a view of nothing, perhaps some could see art in life were he could see nothing but that was not his train of thought.

The world he thought to himself was in a state of deep depression, gone was the optimism of past generation's, gone the hope for the future and instead of governments praising and investing in there young these day's they seemed to be more worried about balancing the book's, keeping people in there place and helping out the rich while the root's of society decayed as if people did not matter to them any more.

There had been other times, back in the 1940's after the war people had been filled with hope though the cold war that nearly turned hot with the war in Korea and later Vietnam had put paid to much of that hope as at times the cold war had felt oppressive but at least then people had an external enemy to focus upon.

Now people were confused, hope for the future was absent and so too was that optimism that had fuelled the great social revolutions of the 50's, 60's and 70's only to come to a grinding halt in the mid 1980's.

Children they were the future but who cared about them now, children were often seen as an inconvenience or in the way of careers, careers that went nowhere, people had forgotten they were part of society not apart from it, that unless they created the next generation they would be the ones living in the age when the root's died and the branches with them, society needed it's children but it seemed that some hidden anarchists in powerful positions were intent on destroying established society, promoting migration to steal the children of other nations and brainwashing society with media campaigns.

The Kid's what there were of them were not even reading book's any longer, no the escape of his generation was becoming an alien medium to them with there phones always stuck to the sides of there heads or there games consoles.

He looked around, when was the last time he had seen a group of kid's playing out on there bikes, building home made ramps and just enjoying themselves.

So much had gone wrong with the world, he despaired for the future.

And he remembered one of the ten commandment's, Honour your parents that you may live a long life.

The meaning was missing on most as they lacked insight but it was clear to those that knew, as you teach your children so do you sow the seed's of the future, as you treat your parents so must you teach your children to treat you, family's are meant to be together.

But this world.

No room for being human any longer, people were just corporate assets, wage slaves chasing after there careers, careers that left them barren on the tree, shrivelled fruit that left no future generation to follow after them, a lost generation destined to extinction squeezed dry by corporate greed and false equality that took mothers away from there children and made men too poor to pay for there family's.

No everything was wrong.

The tree that was society had been poisoned at it's root's and it was only a matter of time before it died.

Scavengers would pick over it's carcass like a dead animal and the few that were meant to inherit would be disinherited by waves of migration from society's that though often less humane had kept on watering there own root's, creating there children and through those children they would reap what had been squandered by those that had engineered this downfall.

And he knew it had been engineered, fool's that though they could control destiny, social engineers that thought they were better than God and knew more than the wise men of old.

He lamented the fall of society, it was dead walking and did not even know it but he could not see when it would fail just that it would and soon, soon as within a few generations unless there was a sudden boom in the numbers of children being born and unless those in power then invested in those kid's.

Those in power though were blind, dumb, selfish short sighted fool's.

The old man closed his eye's and thought about his mother, his own childhood, not a perfect one but his happiest and safest memories were back then when she was such a strong protective figure and it seemed like she could take on the world to protect her children.

God he whispered, I am tired please may I go home soon back to my mum.

Soon he stood up and walked leaning heavily on his stick, more hunched than before and looking older, somehow he felt like the world was his fault though he was just one old man.

Just a man in a near reality that vanished into the haze of the warm day as he walked off becoming indistinct, soon his thoughts that were silent so never heard were lost as well.

edit on 29-6-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I will say that I felt this old mans thoughts. Made me feel really sad.
Good job on projecting those feels into words.

It is a greatly sad story. I like it!
S&F

are you doing okay?

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazyBlueCat

Hey thanks', yes nothing too wrong here though I did draw on some of my own grief for that part of it and while it was not really a story it was a kind of opinion piece that many would reject or disagree with but others may find resonates a little.

As a kid that was the most fun I had, had a bike called Grifter which was kind of like a British BMX before the BMX made it here, difference is that unlike a BMX you could not back peddle and it had a sturmey archer gear system with a twst grip gear change and three gears so while it looked kind of like a BMX without the cross bar padding it was actually a bit more like a kid sized mountain bike but you could go faster than a BMX as it had a small cog on the back wheel that when the gears were set right turned more wheel rotations per pedal rotation.

We used to have this tree and it must have looked funny as this one tree would have up to eight to ten of us up it at any given time, when we were not up the tree or exploring the nearby wood's playing war with stick's pretending they were rifles we were building ramp's out of old plank's and anything we could find and jumping them, I honestly think kid's got more healthy exercise and had more fun back then than they do today.

So much has changed since the 70's and not always in good way's but I guess that depends on where you live and what your local society is like, over here the government which used to have lot's of old men always used to care about the future generations and the well being and education of the children was always a top priority of government, since the late 80's though they have in real world terms cut spending on the kid's, removed help for your parent's and penalized parent's for having too many children while at the same time ruined the education system dumbing it down with long term and severe ramifications for our nations future.

Sadly when you have idiot's on charge and they turn the kids into a generations of idiot's it may be too late to save a nation from the disaster they have sown.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   
From such a long and broad tome as you offer here, it's difficult to expand on the numerous topics that call out to us demanding more attention.
However this one spoke loudly to me.

The meaning was missing on most as they lacked insight but it was clear to those that knew, as you teach your children so do you sow the seed's of the future, as you treat your parents so must you teach your children to treat you, family's are meant to be together.

To this I would like to add the voices of three long gone prophetic troubadours.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It’s good, I like it. Thanks for the thought provoking story.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Bikes and tree climbing!
Teaching the youngsters to be kids.

I was already feeling old in 1989. That's because of my hypoxia and being at 8,000 ft.

One of the church members had a long term lease on a cabin in Inyo National Forest, right at the base of Mount Whitney. A good place for a church retreat.

There was a boulder near by that a few of the children managed to scale using a pine tree growing next to it. Some others were distraught about not being able to scale the heights.

I was pointing out hand holds and foot placement to the pastor's daughter. She didn't get it. I had to do a demonstration. There I was, straining to breathe already,
"What has this World come to, when a fat old dude has to teach a child how to climb a tree ?"

I said that out loud.

Old dudes with hypoxia should be allowed such pleasures vicariously.

edit on 29-6-2021 by pthena because: (no reason given)

top topics

join