It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Vaccine for Vegans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I get most of their arguments as to why an excessive meat diet isn't sustainable, or if they have some guilt feelings, for killing or abusing living things.

But

For years, they have been annoying me, with the most absurd things.
Cant have a feather pillow... better get some synthetic petrol based one
can't wear leather shoes, better get some synthetic petrol based one
can't use this face cream because it is tested on animals
can't use honey, better use sugar.
Stop doing what you do and start saving the world.

fFs how is a petrol based alternative any more vegan than a leather shoe? Do they forget the wars that are waged globally over petrol, thousands of people lose their lives?
How can they champion sugar over honey, when the health issues with sugar are so blatantly obvious.

Now they want to get the vaccine that has been tested on animals, what a bunch of hypocrites. They just move the goalpost to stay comfortable while still feeling like morally superior.
In reality is just a fashion accessory, tailored to the rebellious teenagers feeding a script by which they can rebel and get all worked up with their untamed emotions, without knowing whose deeds they are doing.

Just yesterday I was sitting on the lakeside overhearing, a convo between some youngsters on veganism.
There was this young chap trying to point out some inconsistencies, and he just gets shut up in a very nasty way. I could see in his face that he was doubting himself, as the whole group turned against him. He was emotionally engaged in the convo until the peer pressure was too much, he just shut down and went dull. I just couldn't believe how smooth the social engineering is unfolding, and found it unbelievably unfair what they just did, without realizing.

When I was about to leave I went over and told him that he was in the right, which instantly brought back that spark in his eyes. The whole, group got all excited, feeling as if I was attacking them, slinging mud, but I just gave him a wink with an eye and left...

I feel like I did a good deed that day

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

How many vegans do you know that this annoys you? At least they're trying to make the world a better place. They can't be perfect, but no one can reach absolute perfection on buying 100% guilt free products. Unless you're amish.

Phones and clothes are built in sweat shops. America has to bomb some people or give weapons to keep up those gas prices. And im sure there is many other examples.

At least Vegans are trying to reduce unnecessary animal suffering. Better than most Americans who could care less if their phone comes from a sweat shop or if their meat was suffering its whole life.

Regarding vaccine. If the only vaccines are ones tested on animals, then what choice is there. Vegans don't eat meat because there is a choice. If there was no alternative to meat protein, then they'd have to eat meat.

Sure, you can argue that the vaccine isn't necessary. But some may see it as necessary for them. (That's another topic.)

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
People should be more worried about the nice cell line derived from an aborted foetus in the Astra Zenica vaccine.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CptGreenTea

There is one immunization process that need no testing 100% natural and vegan, but that is another topic indeed.

I lived in a Vegan flat with 3 vegan girls, that were heavily invested before it was even en vogue. And they have a very down to earth approach to veganism, I could understand most of their decisions, and they never used their conviction to signal moral hi ground.

No they don't want to make the world a better place. The decision they can make is a 1. World decision. The only thing they are concerned with is their conscience. They know full well that living in the western world makes you complicit to the injustices of the world whether you condone it or not. That is just another virtue signaling thing to feel a little less guilty.

What I'm really worried about, are the teenagers that get indoctrinated with these political hit pieces, and it has lost all credibility if a 12year old spouts about the undoubtedly wrong approach of a meat eater that he is basically killing the planet. All of that while gobbling an avocado that had to fly around the world.

There are only few regions where a purely plant based diet will feed you through the whole year, they are close to the equator. So if you live anywhere that has a harsh winter, to be coherent the vegans should move to the equator. Or I want to meet a vegan that has managed to sustain himself through a 6-month winter.

In terms of sustainability, as long as you don't produce your own food you are part of the problem, it doesn't matter what you consume...

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

Sure, you can argue that the vaccine isn't necessary. But some may see it as necessary for them. (That's another topic.)

it's actually the point of the OP.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Is it?

I just wanted to rant about vegans!

Well I guess another point missed, not that it was a novelty on ATS

edit on CDTAmerica/ChicagoMon, 28 Jun 2021 08:48:30 -0500pAmerica/Chicago6America/Chicago by Terpene because: clarity

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:27 AM
link   

A Vegan an Atheist and a Crossfitter all walk into a bar. How did I know? They all told me within 5 minutes.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

crossfitter???

Is it like the yogis but from the past?

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   

No, they are fitness loons of the highest order. It's like a cult.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No, they are fitness loons of the highest order. It's like a cult.

A cult that frequents the hospital with shoulder, elbow, back and knee injuries.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   

from the Urban dictionary

Someone who immediatelly tell everybody that he is a crossfitter.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

LOL, hence why the joke works.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

heck it works, lucky my boss is not in the office...

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSnow

That only happens because they eat meat.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Even as a vegetarian, you must harm and destroy life to sustain your own life. Plants give us O2 to breathe, food, shelter, clothes, etc. yet somehow it's morally superior to destroy plant life over animal life. No matter what, many lifeforms will die and suffer daily to give life to everyone of us.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Exactly and don't forget all the microbes in our gut, we profit from them. Or what about a bacterial infection. What about caries, they have a right to live as well.
Then we have the penicillin mushrooms they were kept in captivity and getting tortured just to produce penicillin, how cruel is that.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

On a more serious note.
Life and death are intrinsically interwoven. How can you value one more than the other?

Which leads me to the thought that maybe the emotional issue is rooted in a distorted notion of death...

It will be interesting to see how they position themselves, when immortality becomes a matter of concern....

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Back in WWII due to blockades by Uboats, the UK took the decision to reduce the numbers of live stock farmers were allowed to keep, this was to allow grazing land to be ploughed up. The though was why feed animals to feed humans. This resulted, in many instances, of failed crops because the land was unsuitable for anything other than grazing. The other big problem was reduction in the amount of manure available and consequently an increase in the use of chemicals. By the end of the war the overall productivity of the land had dropped. Reference "The Wartime Farm" by Acorn media.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: DeadSnow

That only happens because they eat meat.

From what I've heard, the Doctors write the workout routines. I heard all their supplements were Soy based.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

How many vegans do you know that this annoys you? At least they're trying to make the world a better place. They can't be perfect, but no one can reach absolute perfection on buying 100% guilt free products. Unless you're amish.

Phones and clothes are built in sweat shops. America has to bomb some people or give weapons to keep up those gas prices. And im sure there is many other examples.

At least Vegans are trying to reduce unnecessary animal suffering. Better than most Americans who could care less if their phone comes from a sweat shop or if their meat was suffering its whole life.

Regarding vaccine. If the only vaccines are ones tested on animals, then what choice is there. Vegans don't eat meat because there is a choice. If there was no alternative to meat protein, then they'd have to eat meat.

Vegan elitism

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join