It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurry Up Elon!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   
elon is an autistic coc aine addict running a tax scam and makes cgi space rockets.
i wouldnt put too much faith in him.

And I will never cut him slack because he is rich!

thats debatable, he had to sell all his property and now hes trying to get by using twitter to manipulate crypto.

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Elon sucks!

Why hasn’t everyone figured this out??

He is a tard. Sorry to offend anyone but he is about that intelligent. And I will never cut him slack because he is rich!

You want to be known as an “industry leader” then lead!!

He’s a snake oil salesman.
Lots of promises and very little results

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
I know many think so,but SpaceX are speeding along-with their innovations like the reusable rockets/fuel/vector fins they are making payload delivery loads cheaper,and from that they are getting NASA contracts-including the artemis/moonbase thing which will be great practice for Mars.
They are also driving down costs with robotics/3D printing engines/components,crazy giant metal forming machines like the gigapress.

That said,It may well be that long term human habitation of Mars may not be feasible-I agree with those who are saying it won't happen because of the gravity issue-that could prevent humans from reproducing.

But we still need companies like SpaceX to start robo-mining resources off planet,maybe off planet factories/farms.
Otherwise,we are stuck in closed system with ever dwindling resources,which will lead to our downfall.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Without some kind of massive leap forward in technology, humans are unlikely to do any significant off-world colonization. Our bodies are just not suited for anything other than life on Earth. There will always be daredevils of course, but this isn't like the colonization of the Americas or Australia where there was actually water and fertile land (and oh, AIR) where a group of people could establish themselves.

Our super artificial intelligences might spread out into space. Hop on an ion drive rocket and go into hibernation mode until they get to Proxima Centauri or beyond, then wake themselves up again. Of course, we as a species will likely be gone by then.
edit on 28-6-2021 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
Realistically, everything on mars can kill you so even the slightest mistake will be deadly.

Don't be silly, all we need to do is find the big ass alien oxygen releasing engine and turn it on...

posted on Jun, 30 2021 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Duh, everyone knows you just need to activate the heat pylons to thrust into the underground glaciers and create an atmosphere. Should only take like 3 minutes and bam, you got clouds and Quaid and Melena are going to be OK.
edit on 6302021 by Butterfinger because: Epstien did not kill himself

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: tanstaafl

Duh, everyone knows you just need to activate the heat pylons to thrust into the underground glaciers and create an atmosphere. Should only take like 3 minutes and bam, you got clouds and Quaid and Melena are going to be OK.

Exactly!

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Without some kind of massive leap forward in technology, humans are unlikely to do any significant off-world colonization. Our bodies are just not suited for anything other than life on Earth. There will always be daredevils of course, but this isn't like the colonization of the Americas or Australia where there was actually water and fertile land (and oh, AIR) where a group of people could establish themselves.

Our super artificial intelligences might spread out into space. Hop on an ion drive rocket and go into hibernation mode until they get to Proxima Centauri or beyond, then wake themselves up again. Of course, we as a species will likely be gone by then.

I think the single most useful leap will be gravity generation(i don't like the phrase anti gravity).
But to do that is way out of reach at the moment.
With the ability to generate 1G we solve the biggest problems IMO.

But how?
Gravity is a kind of side effect of time dilation(IIRC)so to generate gravity you have to have mass big enough to "bend" space time.
I'm not sure if we will ever be able to acheive that.

But I suppose many things we have today were once considered impossible(imagine showing a neolithic human a cell phone or plane)-so we can hope some clever folks may one day figure it out.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
But how? Gravity is a kind of side effect of time dilation(IIRC)so to generate gravity you have to have mass big enough to "bend" space time. I'm not sure if we will ever be able to acheive that.

I look at gravity as a force that is a result of matter being drawn down into itself along a non-physical dimension.

While we might not be able to directly counteract that, since there is literally nothing there to influence or block, our best bet might be to find another local dimension within matter and "deflect" away from it at a right angle. I don't know how this would be accomplished, though. Other than that, some kind of dimensional implosion and vectoring out of virtual space might be possible, but again, how? I can't imagine the power requirements being anything short of literally astronomical.

Still, our understanding of physical reality is really in its infancy, and it may be much more complex that we can even imagine at this point. When people like Stephen Hawking start talking about stuff like "information" in physics, then we're moving into a cognitive realm, and as I've said before, possibly links to what we now vaguely call "psychic" forces. There may be an opportunity there.

posted on Jul, 9 2021 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Interesting point about Space X. A few days ago, I`ve read an interesting point that Elon Musk claimed that till September 2021 Space X is gonna cover the whole planet with a Starlink internet connection and this company is gonna launch 42 thousand satellites. Also, he said that Starlink satellites will have a self disposal option. It means, that when the lifespan of a Starlink satellite goes to its` end, this satellite will be able to lead itself to the atmosphere of Earth and burn down there in order not to increase the number of space junk in the orbit of Earth which became crucial

top topics

<< 1   >>

join