It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Karen Movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

OK, this is dumb. Just dumb.

1. It's a missed opportunity. The rise of the Karen phenomena presents an epic chance to drop some comedy gold as we all know about the irritating Karen epidemic. Karen bedevils us all.

2. It's a horror movie for BET? Is this made for TV? Are they clearly marketing stereotypes to scare blacks with? How is that anything other than divisive?

At one point, someone picks up a soap dispenser and it has a confederate flag on it. I know I see stuff like that for sale every day at Target. Don't you? But if this lady is going to go off on her Karen, she'll get mad at anyone who doesn't take their trash in at precisely the right time, not just POC. Truthfully, husband and I were getting subtly annoyed by the new tenant neighbor about their lack of mowing. They aren't POC, but they let theirs go way too long, even for him and he hates mowing!

And most folks generally aren't going to side-eye a neighbor unless they start deserving it. I'm more likely to eyeball the crew across the street who really, really like their beer and their sports ... loudly ... than I am my neighbor the firefighter. So it seems that behavior is the biggest determinant over who gets treated weirdly, at least where I'm at.

I'm sure there are some horrorshow racist neighbors in the world, but if it were a common phenomena, it also wouldn't be something that would make an effective horror movie. After all, it would be reality and not a movie-level fantasy.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
There were always Karen's in the world. Now have a forum that hundreds of thousands of people can see their antics, instantly and over and over. The squeaky wheel might not always get the grease, but it sure gets heard, and ultimately that's all the Karen's of the word crave is for somebody to listen to them bitch.

Hell, we ought to end social media on the Karen aspect alone.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Wow..
Not only did they totally miss the concept of a "Karen", they managed to make it about white racism.

This one is going to win an Emmy...

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Having seen many Karen stories recently, that is not Karen. Like everything they have messed it up. While there are Karen elements, that is more a psychopathic neighbor that is racist and wants to enforce the HOA rules even if the HOA does not exist. This neighborhoods interactions are made into a horror story concentrating on the racist elements. Just the thing to reinforce the racial hatred that is popular at the moment.

It is more like Karen's racist sister.

Karen demands to see the manager about this post to get the poster fired.

I don't work here lady.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
PA "Karened Hard" the other day...

Yes Virginia, people are now holding exorcism's for the remains of trees in the lumber aisle of Home Depot.
There aren't even words for this level of "stupid".

www.wtsp.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Real Karens don't care about your race. This film is bull$hit.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Well that was unexpected...I was at least hoping for something funny....ah well..

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Just another thing meant to divide the people of this great nation.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Don't Karens come in many colors?

Or are their names based on the race, like Keisha, Karmen, and Kaime?

edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well, in all fairness Karen does look like the wicked witch of Lansing. Acts a lot like her too in the trailer.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Just derp...

Derp...
edit on 2662021 by Wide-Eyes because: Derp...

new topics

top topics

join