It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese-sourced COVID-19 Genetic Sequence Information Deleted from Research Database

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Story here

Whoops, looks like China was caught making an obvious effort to cover the trail on the origins of COVID-19, and a series of clues that could be helpful on zeroing in on the point of origin of the virus.

The US government confirmed that Chinese researchers erased early COVID-19 data from a shared international database — after an American scientist discovered the quiet removal and sounded the alarm on a potential plot by China to cover up the virus’ origins.

The data, which detailed the genetic makeup of early samples of the virus found in Wuhan, were logged into the Sequence Read Archive last March but were “requested to be withdrawn” by scientists in China that June, the National Institute of Health said Wednesday, according to Bloomberg.

The Chinese scientists who logged the data, and then requested it be removed, said the sequence information had been updated and was being moved to another database and they wanted “to avoid version control issues,” the federal agency

Haha that's a good one; "avoid version control issues". If in fact the database in question can't represent snapshots of data over time to account for changes to the data set, it would be a pretty lousy database. Maybe this database is flawed in that sense, but I highly doubt it. It should be pretty easy to confirm or debunk the Chinese researchers' claims on this point, I'd imagine.

Nevertheless, other researchers have stepped forward and thrown cold water on the Chinese researchers' idea about "version control issues", and the Chinese are being accused of removing the data to obscure the historical record of the virus' spread.

Jesse Bloom, the American virologist who originally revealed the data had been deleted, wrote in his report the early samples were a “gold mine for anyone seeking to understand the spread of the virus.”

“The fact that such an informative data set was deleted has implications beyond those gleaned directly from the recovered sequences,” Bloom wrote in the research report titled “Recovery of Deleted Deep Sequencing Data Sheds More Light on the Early Wuhan SARS-CoV-2 Epidemic.”

“There is no plausible scientific reason for the deletion … It therefore seems likely the sequences were deleted to obscure their existence.”

Kudos to Mr. Bloom for paying attention, and calling out this shady behavior.

Hopefully the researcher(s) responsible for wiping the COVID genetic info from the database are ostracized from the scientific community for their actions here.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

entry level IT in any industry is expected to have basic backups.

not only is this a lie, its a lazy one.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

entry level IT in any industry is expected to have basic backups.

not only is this a lie, its a lazy one.

I agree.

"version control issues" LOL

"We have an issue here; looks like we'll need to delete this data. It represents a version of the truth that needs to be fixed"

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   
For some of the BLAST data when this thing first broke out, link

There are six text file of some of the suspects there. When watching this scene, each new covid case case had a different sequence. now we have a few thousand recorded. There is something going on with this bioweapon, but not what the media is telling us.

nextstrain.org/ncov/global

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Yeah, nothing fishy about that at all, right?

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I read about this elsewhere. The Chinese don't even try to pretend that they have tried to cover up something! They don't care.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Yeah, nothing fishy about that at all, right?

No, perfectly legit.

/s

I wonder if influenza strains get removed from this database because of "version control issues".
edit on 26-6-2021 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I read about this elsewhere. The Chinese don't even try to pretend that they have tried to cover up something! They don't care.

It never fails to astonish that the adage "it's not the original mistake that will get you in trouble, but the coverup of the mistake afterwards" hasn't sank in.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I've deleted someones data before- # happens.
that isn't what happened here- this is a deliberate act of losing data.

This is just another form of censorship, but it's most likely just covering up either for themselves or for who controls them.

The US FBI does this all the time- "whoopsie doodlel"!! they've been murdering people for a century and covering it up with piss poor excuses... but the media is run by them lately thanks to obamas bad policy so they can easily just say it was a mistake- whoops, we accidentally shredded hunters laptop, guess that investigation can't go on!

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

There is something going on with this bioweapon, but not what the media is telling us.

This is the question that's been on my mind over the last few months.

I don't buy into the MSM variant fearmongering BS as any variants seem to maintain an IFR of about 0.15%, more contagious? .... perhaps ..... but no more deadly than any other variant.

The potential problem is, as I see it, that this thing is genetically modified and modified sufficiently enough that it has passed by a number of evolutionary steps. This is a thing that should not exist. Considering that then, I believe, it would be entirely reasonable to say that the evolutionary trajectory of this thing is not knowable or even reasonably calculable. As far as I can see, this thing could become quite benign, even more so than it actually is, but there is an equal possibility of it becoming absolutely lethal, bearing in mind that SARS has an IFR somewhere in the vicinity of at least 100 times that of Sars-Cov2, possibly up to 150 times.

And then you add in a genetically manufactured substance that gets injected into a massive part of the population of the planet, the long term impact of which can't even be guessed at.

Of course it's all going to end well ........ la la la la la la la, gizveep brooolm.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Don't know if gene drives have any connection to this but there's a thread here dealing with Gates.

new topics

top topics

join