It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you hate with out love ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Love and Hate.

Is Love a pre-reqisit of Hate ?

The word hate is thrown around like any other word , most people give no real inner thought to hates true self . For Hate is the opposite of Love
and As we all know Love is all Powerful.

Anyone one who has truly been in Love knows its all inspiring power , It can out shine and penetrate any barrier . To love someone is to truly see them to
there inner being to see all of there negatives all of there positives . Taking all of it in and Loving the combination of positive and negative , there bad breath
, there snoring , there addictions , there talents , there short comings, all of it .

What destroys love ?

"Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

- W.B. Yeats

To Give myself completely and you take this for granted and betray me , I have shown you me yet you care not.
To know that my all is not good enough is the ultimate depression of emotions to my spirit .

Betrayal destroys Love.

And now I hate.

I do not believe you can Hate someone with out first loving them .

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

There's two kinds of hate, the hate towards someone you love that wronged you...

and the hate towards someone that just wronged you terribly...

I'm not sure which is worse or stronger...it's hard to say...both are different.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I don’t hate anyone.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

If you're talking some one who you've been romantically involved with, then sure you're probably right about not being able to hate someone without loving them first.

However.

I've never heard of this guy before .... I went straight to hate.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Its a catch twenty two, they both complement each other, like rain clouds vs sunshine.

You could ether hate love, or love to hate.
edit on 25-6-2021 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I don’t hate anyone.

Bingo!

That will get you the most hate

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Kindness is the shield in ones heart against hate. Love is the life of the spirit of goodness in ones soul.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think your argument is built on something of a faulty premise; you hold to the idea that hate is the antithesis of love. This, I hold, is wrong.

The antithesis of love is not hate but selfishness. True love gives of itself - indeed gives itself - for its object. Selfishness guards self and self-interest above all others.

Love and hate, instead of being opposites, perhaps come from the same or a similar place. You have a point sort of.

To hate something , I guess it has to be in some way antithetical to something you love or at least care about. The intensity of one's hate is, I'd say, directly related to either the intensity of one's passion for that to which the object of hatred is antithetical or, in many cases, the level of ignorance of the one doing the hating.

There are people who hate simply for the sake hating, for whom hate and ugliness is in itself an end. These people typically have little capacity for love. Hate for that which is antithetical to that which is truly good is not a bad thing. In this aspect, I'd say you come to a valid point, though starting from a faulty premise.
:
edit on 2021 6 25 by incoserv because: fixing fat finger typos.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Here's s point that somewhat supports what you are saying with my twist.

The Bible teaches that "God is love" and that "everyone that loves is born of God and knows God" (1 John 4:7-8). It would seem at first blush, then that anyone who is a follower of God wouldn't hate. However, Psalm 139:21-22 says:

Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD? And do I not loathe those who rise up against you? I hate them with complete (extreme or perfect) hatred; I count them my enemies.

Is it ever right for a godly person to hate? The answer seems to be a resounding YES. The psalmist's hatred toward those who hate God is directly proportional to his love for God. When one expresses hatred for the object of the psalmist's supreme love, that person becomes an object of his supreme hate.

In this way, love does indeed precede hatred. True and perfect love effectively becomes a prerequisite for true and perfect hatred. I don't think that you have to first love that which you hate, but to hate something perfectly, you must first love something perfectly.
:
edit on 2021 6 25 by incoserv because: more fat finger typos.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I think we need to keep in mind that there a quite a number of different lifeforms in what we perceive as reality and even outside our own observable reality.

If loves comes natural for us? Hates comes natural for them? Non-duality? Opposites complementing each other, but just as such there are beings of only one state, which would be Love, the opposite shall be true too.

Reality a realm of possiblities? Some nice, some not so nice. Delicate balance, equated in extremes sometimes. Every good action enacts a bad counter-reaction.

Pick your battles wisely. Sometimes the person that hates you, just doesn't want you loving him, so he can stop hating you for doing just that.

I don't know, I'm just rambling. It sounds philosophical though so that's atleast one point for me.

I think there are beings with an irresistable feeling of hatred towards everything that lives, the questions remains, how do these beings feel about that form of existance? Or do they even feel at all? But they can psychologically evaluate their existence and maybe have some faint aspirations of another way of being...

This song always speaks to me.... www.youtube.com... -> Behind blue eyes from The Who
edit on 26-6-2021 by Lux96 because: (no reason given)

No one knows what it's like
To be the bad man, to be the sad man
Behind blue eyes

To be hated, to be fated
To telling only lies

[Chorus]
But my dreams, they aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be
I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance that's never free

[Verse 2]
To feel these feelings like I do
And I blame you

No one bites back as hard
On their anger, none of my pain and woe
Can show through

[Chorus]
But my dreams, they aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be
I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance that's never free

[Bridge]
When my fist clenches, crack it open
Before I use it and lose my cool
When I smile, tell me some bad news
Before I laugh and act like a fool

And if I swallow anything evil
Put your finger down my throat
And if I shiver, please give me a blanket
Keep me warm, let me wear your coat

[Outro]
To be the bad man, to be the sad man
Behind blue eyes
edit on 26-6-2021 by Lux96 because: lyrics

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Love and hate are just emotions. You can intensely like someone, or something, and that's love. The opposite is that you can intensely dislike someone, or something, and that’s hate.

In my experience, there is more love than hate in the world. Love in our lives is comes from positive relationships, with family and with children. Love comes from pets and the pursuit of hobbies and sport. It comes from positive experience.

It's just that the hate is more obvious and comes from a small number of people. Some people seem conditioned to hate, often through manipulation. It's what keeps them together.

Personally, I don't hate anyone. It's such a negative mindset. I have come across hate though – the spitting irrationality of nationalism and racism!

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   
My friend always say, "The capacity to Hate, is to Love."

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I read a theory once that 'hate' is not really the opposite of 'love'.

People have the wrong view of 'love' anyway - they talk about love all the time, and associate it with almost anything. 'I love chocolate', for example. Is this really love they're talking about, or craving?

People on this planet do not know what love really is, so they use that word for almost anything, including lust, romance, desire, want, craving, etc. When two people are attracted to each other, they call it 'love', even if it's just excitement, novelty, romantic lust, or hormonal attraction. They think anything strong they feel about anything, is 'love'.

This makes the word 'love' practically meaningless.

If we take 'love' to mean what the Christ talked about, love for your fellow man without expectations or anything selfish - in other words, altruism-based cosmic radiance that comes from the Creator and flows into the world through your heart chakra, then this whole thing becomes a bit more meaningful.

The word 'hate' has the same problem; people use it for any kind of 'opposite of liking something' (although 'dislike' is also used, but in my opinion, is a made-up word just to avoid saying 'hate'). It's like twisted love in a way, perhaps.

The theory I once read had to do with fear being the opposite of love, being one of the most primal, and thus strongest emotional experiences we can usually have.

It's relatable, everyone has it, even animals. You can scare an animal, and an animal can scare you.

Maybe it's not even important what's the opposite of what - I just wanted to open up a bit more perspective for the discussion, so people have more tools to work with.

Often opposite words exist only for pragmatic purposes, even if there really isn't any opposite (cold, dark, etc). Other times, people think something is the opposite of something, when it really can't be and thus isn't (life has no opposite, but people think 'death' is the opposite of life. In fact, 'death' is the opposite of 'birth' - life is an ongoing energy flow that has no opposite, as energy can't be destroyed, death only happens to forms, like physical bodies, not substance, like energy or souls).

Therefore, maybe we can question the meanings of 'hate', 'love' and whether it's meaningful to seek opposites for words.

Perhaps love doesn't need an opposite, as a world where everyone loves enough, would be a paradise for everyone.

top topics

join