It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive human head in Chinese well forces scientists to rethink evolution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   
massive skull in chinese well forces scientists to rethink human EVOLUTION

*insert Biden whispering meme gif here*. "bigfoot"

I suspect homo sapiens is the only hairless kind MOSTLY.

Anyway, on to the news at hand.

‘Dragon man’ skull reveals new branch of family tree MORE CLOSELY RELATED to modern humans THAN NEANDERTHALS

I'd like to quote a lot of the description here that sound familiar but you have to read it for yourself.

The researchers believe the skull belonged to a male, about 50 years old, who would have been an impressive physical specimen.

skeptics seem to think it's denisovans but that's what they say about homo luzonensis from the Philippines and homo floresiensis from Indonesia.

However those guys are Hobbits.

size is subject to insular dwarfism though.

What's interesting is both Philippines and Indonesia have diminutive bigfoot myths known as orang pendek and amomongo.

China has the yeren.

There's actually a people in china who are called yeren but I have difficulty finding it on Google...wtf.

Busy newswise on the human EVOLUTION front.

in srael:

Archaeologists Make Dramatic Discovery: A Prehistoric Human Type Previously Unknown to Science

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: reject

Damn. Dragon man (How long until this is horrifically racist?) should have been Homo Strongii because look at those abs!!

I know this isn't made up, but I'm personally going to start a conspiracy theory that China made Homo Longii and his giant head and incredible abs up to get some dominance over the west when it comes to ancestry.
edit on 25-6-2021 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Love it, 150k years old or so!

“I prefer to call it Homo daliensis, but it’s not a big deal,” he said. “The important thing is the third lineage of later humans that are separate from Neanderthals and separate from Homo sapiens.” Details are published in three papers in The Innovation.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

So Heidelbergensis had 3 progeny result? Or is this something different.

Can't click the link until tonight...on my work machine.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Not sure what that means, it seems they havent quite finished with DNA analysis:

Whatever the name, one possibility is that the Harbin skull is Denisovan, a mysterious group of extinct humans known largely from DNA and bone fragments recovered from Siberia. “Certainly this specimen could be Denisovan but we have to be cautious. What we need is much more complete skeletal material of the Denisovans alongside DNA,” Stringer said.

Prof John Hawks, a paleoanthropologist at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, said the idea of a new lineage of humans was “a provocative claim”, because skulls can look similar even among distant relatives. The skull being Denisovan was a good hypothesis, he added, though he was less keen on a new species name. “I think it’s a bad moment in science to be naming new species among these large-brained humans that all interbred with each other,” he said. “What we are repeatedly finding is that the differences in looks didn’t mean much to these ancient people when it comes to breeding.”

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   

What makes it more closely related? Did they sequence it's DNA?

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Did they redefine massive ?

IDK

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

see, that was my first thought: how on earth do you even know what Denisovans looked like? All we have are some teeth and a shard of bone.

The one thing I think most people can agree on: its likely there are several other hominins out there undiscovered to date.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Wasnt it Pilt Down man, was actually a pig jawbone?

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Umm…cool…so…do we call him…ab-hominim…?

YouSir

edit on 25-6-2021 by YouSir because: I…

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

IDK

Yeah skull is 9 in long not that big

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
They believe that Homo longi will replace Neanderthals as our closest relatives. I know i have Neanderthal in my dna a bit less than 2% , as a result i don´t get angry when i am hungry, i have awful sense of direction and also i get a lot of mosquito bites. Can´t wait to see what $hit Homo longi may have given me...

I have blue eyes.. so not that
I wonder how tall they expect he was...
We´ll see
LINK

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Annunaki confirmed.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

No idea my dna at all. But ive not had a mosquito bite that i can recall since maybe childhood. They fly away from me. I can part swarms. Dunno why...probably my immune disease.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: dollukka

No idea my dna at all. But ive not had a mosquito bite that i can recall since maybe childhood. They fly away from me. I can part swarms. Dunno why...probably my immune disease.

I think it's the OceanSpray cranberry drink.

Since it's from China, it should be tested for SARS-CoVID-19 RNA.
edit on V382021Fridaypm30America/ChicagoFri, 25 Jun 2021 20:38:33 -05001 by Violater1 because: tryutyei

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Randyvine2

IDK

Yeah skull is 9 in long not that big

Well I know the Neanderthals were between 5 ft and 5.5 ft so by today's standard they would be small. And supposedly they were taller than homo sapiens at the time.

So size compared to us would be kind of small

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct
Wow - they got a photograph.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

“It is hard to estimate the height, but the massive head should match a HEIGHT HIGHER THAN THE AVERAGE OF MODERN HUMANS.”

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Is there any possibility that this could lend any credibility to the allegation that the smithsonian discovered many skeletons of human giants in north america which they subsequently destroyed in the early 1900's???

I mean if there were really that many giants here in NA at some point though wouldnt the natives have tons of lore and stories on the matter?

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: reject
a reply to: dragonridr

“It is hard to estimate the height, but the massive head should match a HEIGHT HIGHER THAN THE AVERAGE OF MODERN HUMANS.”

Neanderthals had bigger heads than modern humans shorter necks and legs, however. Estimating height by skull doesn't work you need the bones to piece together the body. For a modern male it's 16 to 20 cm and 13 to 15 cm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join