It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cornell U. to explore the racist implications of black holes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Edit: to disclose…

My post was entirely off topic…so therefore…after three rounds of self flagellation with a cat”O”nine tails…and a few self inflicted black eyes…I decided to remove the post in it’s entirety…

Penance served…

YouSir

Hardly. "Black" eyes?

For shame.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Regarding the game of pool typically played in the states, I think the game might actually be called 8 ball.

The 8 ball in this pool game is based on race. Not only the color but the function of the 8 ball in games of pool. The 8 ball is meant to be put in the pocket last, representing the other balls privilege in the game and highlighting the 8 ball is of the least importance. The other aspect of the 8 ball is if you hit this ball in before your other balls, you lose. The 8 ball is directly attributed to loss, this is done on purpose as the racism all around you is systematic. Most of the game the 8 ball is avoided, showing the deep rooted racism we see in our daily lives.

The number 8 is how we can link the 8 ball in pool to black holes and to close the logic loop many have brought up. Here is part of the meaning from a numerology stand point.

"The 8 is also a symbol of balance -- you can see it in its symmetrical shape. For every blessing it receives, it puts one back out to the universe".

So every blessing the 8 receives, it sends back to the universe and ultimately gets swallowed up by the black hole thus completing the cycle of loss. Since the balance of the universe must be maintained at all times, the blessing that was destroyed by the black hole never existed. This is how black holes are racist, they destroy the blessings given to non white races therefore keeping them oppressed.

/s

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   
These people are morons. They should wear it with pride. After all, the reason why a black hole is black is because no light can escape it; it absorbs all light and all colors therefore.

Wouldn't that make black the most proudly inclusive color of all?

posted on Jun, 27 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
They have been initiated into a fundamentalist, ideological cult. The problem is they are being taught and believe that their views are facts, historically and scientifically, from critical race theory to gender theories.

Have some faith though. More than a few people in these worlds do have some questions about various ideas. Due to the backlash that will come from publicly criticizing it, many don't but do so privately.

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Just another story in the insane systemic wokeness culture. The people who come up with this stuff are so far gone, so delusional, that it's a waste of time and energy to even engage them.

edit on 27-6-2021 by Madviking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Well the SUN is back....

What better way to help spend your time watering the plants at 6.30am than to listen to classic Trance and remember some great times when I was a sprightly 40something!

To the point; I think everyone who is in imminent danger of disappearing up their own arsehole at present - and there seems to be quite a few, be they proponents of the woke agenda safe in seclusion in their Ivory Towers, Trump acolytes, Biden followers, racist and divisive BLM activists, Boris and his gang of amoral and corrupt elitists, self-righteous and pompous Corbynista's and anyone even remotely connected to the political systems that are ripping our country's apart. Even pretentious tossers from North East England who are going seriously off topic - should be sentenced to a month of heavy raving and ALL that entailed.

I think then they'd maybe stop taking themselves so serious and sort of put things in perspective!

Finally, from the BEST movie of its type;

Don't know about anyone else but that's set me up for the day.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Not bad.....but they should rebuild Shelleys for the old school crew.

While they're at it I'd love it if The Orbit re-opened up at Morley.

I feel old!

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I feel old!

I am old...or so my 10 year old grandson keeps telling me!

Still party with the best of them though....just not quite as often.

Never got to go to either of them, heard plenty of good reports though.

Just something I had playing whilst I was doing a bit of gardening at around 6.30ish.
Sort of put me in a good mood and it got me thinking about how everyone was a lot less angst, less pretentious, not as overly sensitive and certainly not as far up their own arseholes as many seem today.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

1990 to 1993 saw thousands of people coming together with out a care in the world but music and dancing.

Shelleys was a bit of a black hole with sticky carpets and dripping walls but everyone smiled like it was heaven. Didn't care who or what you were.

What went wrong ?

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Done a lot and seen a lot in my time, but the 90s and Noughties were the best of times with the best of people.

Shelleys was a bit of a black hole with sticky carpets and dripping walls but everyone smiled like it was heaven. Didn't care who or what you were.

Sounds like my sort of place.

What went wrong ?

Tony Bliar, David Cameron, Boris Johnson, Jeremy Corbyn, political correctness, the old schoolboy network, globalism, the woke agenda blah blah blah.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

You know, if ever I were to cross a line and out & out suggest someone speed up getting off the mortal ride because they're just not psychologically fit to exist, then whoever came up with this course is a priiiiiime candidate for it.

Stupidity should not be upheld & celebrated. Scorned into humiliated oblivion, yes, anything else, hell no.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Why is paper white and the text black? sounds like slavery

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: dragonridr

Bottom line this is an astronomy teacher that thought it woud be fun to use astronomy as a way to teach race relations.

How about you just teach adults the reality of race relations then without resorting to childish #ing metaphors?

It's idiotic...why are people paying an astronomy teacher to teach them about race relations using analogies about black holes?

If I'm paying for a course on race relations, I'd be pretty #ing pissed off to learn it's being taught by an astronomy professor instead of a sociology professor or someone actually qualified on the subject.

This type of crap is why you have so many retards crying about every single goddamned thing being a racist metaphor.

It happens I myself had to teach a course in biology and have a phd in physics. So the course became about the physics of the human body and how physics helps us survive. I was never so happy as when she came back off maternity leave and I could go back to my lab.

So what you're saying is college subs are NO better than the floater high school ones. In other words, just competent enough to hack it in a different teaching field (such as the English Lit educated sub teaching...math. She SUCKED at it.) with enough pre-compiled # to recite to get eyerolls instead of snickers.

This is a bad policy and you know it. No sub from another field should be teaching something they do not have the degree for.
edit on 6/29/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Why is paper white and the text black? sounds like slavery

The 90's had black stationary & spiral notebooks and so forth. The gel pen fad at the time kind of demanded a dark paper, or those gel pens wouldn't show well.

But some numb-nuts today would insist it had some kind of racist connotation to it. Because colors, and insecure folks with nothing going for them.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join