It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the year 2XXX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Everyone talks about Idiocracy like it's a dead ringer for what the future will look like. Yah, we get it. People is be dumb! Not that hard to predict!

But I've been thinking about what we're really in for long term. We're in the wake of a speeding bandwagon (vaccine passport and virus panic) where the uninitiated will become vilified and hunted down like witches. Get ready to turn your neighbors in for coughing.

Automaton replacement of the average Joe is right on the doorstep too. Have you noticed fast food joints advertising that new 15 USD/ hour hire-on lately? Sure you can make a taco for 15 dollars an hour but you'll be the only human on site. Hope you get chummy with Burgertron and Tacomatic really quick!

If China doesn't implement a social credit thought police system in the West, perhaps the path to transhumanism will snuff out the human soul regardless. Will you be among the first to get an Elon chip implant?

What happens in Idiocracy's future?

I think Zager and Evans with lyrics for the song, In The Year 2525, have hit upon some haunting truths long before Mike Judge ever did.

Let's examine a few snippets:

If man is still alive
If woman can survive

Lul! Only 2 genders? How quaint!

Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do and say
Is in the pill you took today

While mainstream media isn't administering pills just yet, they are incessantly streaming a form of group think among their followers that is even more potent. No costly substance(s) required! And remember folks, Joe Biden is the most popular and voted-for US president in history.

Ain't gonna need your teeth, won't need your eyes
You won't find a thing to chew
Nobody's gonna look at you

Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking! Or maybe that's Tik-Toking. We are knee deep in the look at me era of social media fueled by a kind of narcissism. People are doing things on public cam that a generation or two ago would be unthinkable. It's done just for the illusory adoration and validation. Morality be damned! That's boring and old-fashioned!

Your arms are hanging limp at your sides
Your legs got nothing to do
Some machine is doing that for you

Again, automation is coming. Siri and Alexa listen and tell us everything. We are slowly becoming parts in the play, instead of the directors we once were as a species. Smash that like button though. Be sure to film the next public beating or lynching.

Ain't gonna need no husband, won't need no wife
You'll pick your son, pick your daughter too
From the bottom of a long glass tube

The death of the nuclear family unit is already the norm. Divorce rates soar, and role models are absent. Don't judge yo! No one needs 2 functional parents anyway. On the flip side of that coin, watch the gap between the haves and have-nots expand as the rich and elite genetically cherry-pick their children, for a nominal fee of course.

I'm just sayin'...it's a lot more bleak than Idiocracy. That's just a rest stop along the journey. Can we even conceive where we'll be in 500 years?

What are your visions or predictions for the long future?

Having said all that, don't worry, don't worry. I'm not gonna do what everyone thinks I'm gonna do and FLIP OUT!

As always,

edit on 25-6-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Machines will not rule for too long.

E....M....P....

There's always a way to break free.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I'm just sayin'...it's a lot more bleak than Idiocracy. That's just a rest stop along the journey. Can we even conceive where we'll be in 500 years?

What are your visions or predictions for the long future?

Whatever the future may hold, I can honestly say that I'm just glad I won't be here to witness it.

I'm sure it won't all be bad, and there will be plenty of amazing things to come, but I won't be around and I don't care.

new topics

join