It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The breakdown of the neighborhood kindness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   
As we are seeing within the last year, the neighborhoods are breaking down to a lawlessness of no return.. We now have inept govt. leaders who don't even know right from wrong. This summer in many places around the world is going and will see a break down in civil manners. This country which is tightly controlled through family and blood, but it is falling slowly apart. Parents well some any way can't control their kids these day and teachers are beginning to realize they are baby sitters for 8 hours a day.

Is a breakdown really going to happen this summer?

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Only if there are lockdowns.

If not, people will be enjoying the summer and not sitting in front of a glowing screen that emits MSM BS.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
As we are seeing within the last year, the neighborhoods are breaking down to a lawlessness of no return.. We now have inept govt. leaders who don't even know right from wrong. This summer in many places around the world is going and will see a break down in civil manners. This country which is tightly controlled through family and blood, but it is falling slowly apart. Parents well some any way can't control their kids these day and teachers are beginning to realize they are baby sitters for 8 hours a day.

Sounds to me like you need to move places. Where I’m at everyone is happy and getting back to normal routines. Kids are playing at the park, swimming in pools, riding their bikes. People back to talking to each other, no politics, no BS, just plain old human social interaction.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bunch

originally posted by: musicismagic

Sounds to me like you need to move places. Where I’m at everyone is happy and getting back to normal routines. Kids are playing at the park, swimming in pools, riding their bikes. People back to talking to each other, no politics, no BS, just plain old human social interaction.

Maybe the ghettos await some day, really, things have really deteriated over the last 30 years. It seems like no one really gives a flying fk anymore,.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM

...If not, people will be enjoying the summer and not sitting in front of a glowing screen that emits MSM BS.

...praying to their Neon Gods,.....

Things are fine here, but we're a relatively small community with a strong spirit, we take care of each other, I'm a lucky man to have the people around me that I do, I'm not worried about community relations

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Where, because I have a really hard time believing neighbourhoods in Japan are:

breaking down to a lawlessness of no return

There certainly arent any purge comunities where I'm at.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:42 AM
link   

In Poland gov. talking about 'Delta' lately. Many words and premises. New lockdown, propably in august. Only for un-jabed. The jabbed part of society is 'free'. It is going to be civil disorder soon.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Breakdown has been in progress for years. I lived outside of the US from 1983 to 2008. The first thing I noticed upon returning in 2008 was the near complete lack of civility in society. Things had changed drastically in those intervening 25 years and it's gotten worse since then.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM

Only if there are lockdowns.

If not, people will be enjoying the summer and not sitting in front of a glowing screen that emits MSM BS.

Never a truer word spoken.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Breakdown has been in progress for years. I lived outside of the US from 1983 to 2008. The first thing I noticed upon returning in 2008 was the near complete lack of civility in society. Things had changed drastically in those intervening 25 years and it's gotten worse since then.

You don't have to look far. While I am a part of a micro-community within my community, which has grown stronger because we too are aware of a slow transitional change from community interest to self interest, heavily spiced with with fear and hostility.

I left Facebook a while ago because I refused to participate in the insanity that I was constantly being sent. I changed from community group to community group, when the posts became more about gossip, ranting, the spewing of hate, and discontent, than about news or information sharing of news that was of benefit to the whole community.

The internet is encouraging us to be our worse selves.

We are no longer communicating human to human, we are communicating through electronics that changes what we mean to say, to a virtual copy, that can be distorted and manipulated by whomever receives the information we send.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Teachers being babysitters is not a new thing.. it's teachers not being backed by parents because their kids are "angels, individuals, and they are racist for not seeing that" is the new thing.

Bring back the ability to scare and slap kids hands with a ruler, they will wisen up and behave real fast. Our teacher never physically hit us. But he knew how to scare the # out of the kids into behaving.

edit on 25-6-2021 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackArrow
Teachers being babysitters is not a new thing.. it's teachers not being backed by parents because their kids are "angels, individuals, and they are racist for not seeing that" is the new thing.

Bring back the ability to scare and slap kids hands with a ruler, they will wisen up and behave real fast. Our teacher never physically hit us. But he knew how to scare the # out of the kids into behaving.

I would go along with your idea, except for the teachers are just as toxic as the parents. Some teachers have been so affected that given the opportunity to discipline the genius angels, may end up going a bit further than they may have planned.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I live in a rural area, in a town not big enough to justify having its own high-school..

I have noticed no such breakdown in civility.

In fact, last week when we were on our way back from the closest grocery (two towns over), we were flagged down by our nieghbor who we buy our beef from.

They had some extra dandelion jelly they wanted us to have..

Cultivating good nieghbors is like cultivating your own garden..

Its never ceases to amaze how rewarding it can be..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   

For various reasons I recently moved back to the council estate I was brought up on - I guess the closest US equivalent would be 'the projects', not sure about Japan.

I absolutely love it.
Should have done it years ago.

Whilst I wouldn't say the sense of community is as strong as it was when I was a kid/teenager etc it's still pretty strong.
People look out for each other and do a lot of 'communal policing' themselves.

I could give a list of examples of how that spirit manifests itself but I'm sure get the picture.

The worrying thing is that this is despite decades of successive governments trying their best to break the spirit of such communities.

I'm not sure if this is replicated throughout the UK, I've had conflicting testimonies from friends elsewhere in the UK.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Its a mixed bag here in Seattle, most neighborhoods are rapidly changing and new money moving in (along with the transient population thats exploding) and older families moving out. I currently live in the house I grew up in, and as kid I knew every kid on the block. Now I hardly know 3 neighbors, and I don't see them out much or introducing themselves. It's mostly virtue signaling millenials now, back in the day it was a mix of hippies and older conservatives.

After the stupid CHAZ crap our city hasn't recovered really, people are now starting to come out now more as its hot out. Our idiot governor has had us locked down far too long and allowed too much police defunding so now we have lawless roads mostly, people ignore HOV lane rules and lights and signals since there simply isn't any police enforcing it. This also applies to our crime and property damage, we are like #1 in the country for property damages. Im so proud of us

There's a large Fred Meyers down the street a few years ago I could walk to without any worries, but now it is surrounded by junked RVs and cars filled with garbage and the addicts who live in them. Same goes with the skateboard park up the street where kids used to ride, and many many parks. I'm hoping people here have had enough with this sh!tty gov we voted in, I would think they should be mad as hell by now?

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Same here. Never was there any violent riots/peaceful protests.

I guess Soros only funds violence in the big cities.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I think maybe some of you should consider a change of address. I am not witnessing any of this breakdown of neighborhoods. I'm sure there are some bad hoods out there, but trust me, they're not all bad.

posted on Jun, 26 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My village is a solid community composed of 1/3 Native Americans, 1/3 Hispanics and 1/3 gringos like me. We don't need or want any outsiders bringing their racist BS to our community. If you want to control or change the way our community is structured GTFO.

new topics

top topics

join