It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Social Experiment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
For the last thirteen years racial tension has slowly grown in America.

Here is a graph from Gallup.

Vox's take on the racism black Americans face, complete with nine charts.

And one more for good score..

What Pew Research Center says about racism in the U.S.

Since the last Administration it seems like every talking head on the glowing screen makes a point to bring up racism.

You'd think there were bodies swinging from trees and people walking around with chained wrists and ankles.

By no means am I making light of black slavery in America. I believe slavery is wrong and should be remembered.

It is my belief that MSM is responsible for what little racism there actually is in America and why racism is the new Orange.

And what exactly does the FTC do? Oh they're on standby in case a celebrititty pops out..

So, I was watching PBS and one of their many "White man bad" programs and a young female black woman from an inner city says something to the effect that black people would be better off not living near any white people.

Hearing this I had a thought, what if someone bought a substantial amount of land in middle America, divided that land up into four separate sections, miles apart from one another and any other city.

Each section would be a city for one race, one for black, one for white, one for Asian, and one for Hispanic.

Each city would be exactly the same:

1. Population of 1,000
2. Same businesses.
3. Same local government
4. Same public services.

And after one year, let the world see what the differences are between the four cities.

I do think this would be possible to do.

And I think the end results would speak volumes and finally show what most of us already know.

So what do you think, is a social experiment of this scale feasible?

What do you think the outcomes would be for each city and what, if any, differences would there be after one year, in a city, with only one race?

Would this put racism in a different light? Would it end MSM's racism drum beating?

Am I racist for suggesting such a thing?

Hope I have not bored ya.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Lol “…racism is the new orange…” that’s racist how dare you. Jk

Have you ever seen the mouse utopia experiment? I think what your talking about would end up more like that in the end in all 4 locations.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

No I have not heard of that one, I'll check it out.

Edit:

I checked it out. It says his theory was overpopulation created a breakdown in society. I don't think that would be a problem with the social experiment I was suggesting.

I'm surprised I've never heard of John B. Calhoun. Maybe he's a topic best discussed in college. Anyway, thanks for referencing his experiment.

edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: Edited to add comment.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

I am not sure what you are looking for, but I think the level of sameness will about the same level of sameness you would likely get from a family with four siblings. All in the same house with the same parents. Everything being equal, yet you will get four different outcomes.

All people will not have the same life events and outcomes.

I have a hard time growing tomatoes in the ground, my neighbor right next door to me, grows them without effort. Same soil, yet his does well, while mine require close effort and attention.

If the some of the people were relocated in your experiment, there may be a different outcomes, but I don't know what that would look like, because I am not sure what you are hoping to find.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

If the some of the people were relocated in your experiment, there may be a different outcomes, but I don't know what that would look like, because I am not sure what you are hoping to find.

I think it’s pretty obvious what he is hoping to find.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   

MSM is responsible for what little racism there actually is

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I'm looking for the racism rhetoric to stop. It's gotten so bad that some of the younger black people are saying segregation away from white people would benefit black people.

You must be aware of the race issues in America, correct?

And I have no clue where you've lived or who you've interacted with on a daily basis when it comes to other races, but I have live in a part of America that is diverse. I've mingled with whites, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Arabs, Native Americans, and Hawaiian. Of all those I've encountered, black people stand alone, and by choice.

The social experiment I speak of would show whether or not segregation is a good idea or bad idea, and who would or would not benefit from segregation.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

And what would that be?

A bitter pill?

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Of all those I've encountered, black people stand alone, and by choice.

That little sentence let me see that you just don’t understand the struggle of African Americans at all.

Please read some history of the slave trade, specially treatment, liberation and integration of slaves to societies in the Americas and you will come to understand the difference between being a Afro descendant from Hispanic, French, Portuguese heritage to what happened to blacks in the US.

I think only Argentina did it worst than the US to their black citizens as they literally just wipe them out.
edit on 25-6-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 12:33 AM
link   

So you are suggesting that apartheid would justify itself? Nah.

And what of the lives of the 4,000 people who lived for a year under the loss of liberty, and autocratic control over their lives; with things like suppression of free speech, suppression of free trade, suppression of free association, and suppression of free movement, of the experiment.

Why not just incarcerate them all?

And ultimately, what exactly would it prove? A validation for racism because one group did better than another? If you repeated the experiment the chances are that it would get a different result next time. So much for proving anything.

You don't get rid of the problems of racism by segregation. That's already been tried.

You get rid of racism by getting rid of racism.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   

You're hearing what you want to hear.

I know EXACTLY what has and is happening with black people.

My previous two official roommates were black. I'm the only non black resident in my complex. I grew up in eastern NC, I've grown up around black people. Most of my friends throughout life have been black.

And since you like judging books before reading them I'll take a shot in the dark and say you're an apologist. I base that on your use of "African Americans". The black people I know don't refer to themselves as African Americans.

Nice try though. You get an E for effort.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

First, I've never said I wanted segregation. Many black people would suffer without the aid of white people. It would not be fair to the black people that strive and work daily to better themselves and their families.

Second, where, besides your ass, did you get the suppression nonsense from? Nowhere did I say the people in the social experiment would live by different standards. That's ludicrous and ignorant of you to suggest I said that.

Third, you don't get rid of racism. You teach people not to live life by letting their feelings and emotions control them. And I agree, racism cannot defeat racism, which is exactly what the Left has been doing since POTUS 44.

And if you randomly chose participants for each city, yes results may vary. But it would be a minute variance overall.

Once again, I do not think segregation is the answer. It was a BLACK FEMALE on TV that suggested it.

And Stephen Crowder has vids of black college kids saying they think segregation would be a good thing.

MSM pundits and various talking heads have suggested the same, even going as far as calling for the removal of white people.

Where's your outrage on that?

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I’m seeing what you post and without further context from you sounds just plain ignorant. I’m Afro Caribbean myself and identify myself as such. I lived 4 years in Near West Side in Chicago side by side on the daily with my African Americans brothers and sisters.

I don’t pretend to understand all of their struggles but I listen to what they speak and I can internalize it and be empathetic about it. Plus, I can compare it to my own experience, the history of my people on my island I can see the glaring differences within our upbringing.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I'm sure there were differences. The black people in America cannot be compared to black people from other countries. That's a given.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I have lived in different communities during my life so far. I have lived in ALL white area's, I lived near Detroit in 98% black area, I have lived on Indian reservations where me and 2 other people were the only ones NOT American Indian.

I have NOT lived in an all Asian community so can't comment on that too much but don't think it could be rougher than some other places I have lived.

I can say from real world experience that I know how the scenario would play out.

One section would do fairly well

One section would do well

One section would be destroyed

And one would do well

I will NOT say which one is which but Anyone with real world experience who will be honest will probably know which is which.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mwood

Thank you. That's the type of response I was looking for.

I believe there'd be two with not much change from Day 1 to Day 365.

One could go in any direction.

And one would probably need the National Guard, or a majority of this minority would walk away from the social experiment.

What's amazing is this:

Neither of us has said which group would have which outcome, yet certain individuals will say, already have, what they think we're thinking which in reality is confirmation that WE ALL KNOW how this experiment would end.

Facts = Racism

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I've just started reading this thread but have to comment on this;

Many black people would suffer without the aid of white people.

Isn't this at the very root of the problem?

No-one, and I mean no-one, should have to rely on anyone for 'aid'.
And if some black people do rely on white people for 'aid' then it's a truly damning indictment on society in general.

If I was a black person in the US or the UK and I was reliant on white people for 'aid' then I'd be very, very bitter and have quite a distorted view of things.

We need to strive towards a society where race and colour are invisible in regard to opportunity and advancement.

We are a long, long way off from that.
But things were getting a damn sight better.....until of course groups like BLM and New Black Panthers gained prominence with their divisiveness and promotion of separatism and apartheid.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:24 AM
link   

One of the problem's with any 'social experiment' like you outline is that regardless of how each section developed the results would be twisted and manipulated to fit pre-determined agenda's and viewpoints.

And how those sections developed would be determined by the natures, skills and experiences of the individual people in each section and NOT their race.
Unless of course you think race would be the primary driver in how each section developed?

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

There's more to it than what it says, basically since black people are a minority and almost half are more than likely to be on welfare, long story short, white people put in more in welfare and other government assistance programs naturally because they're the majority.

But when it's said like I said it, it seems more along the lines that black people could never survive without white people. Not the case. But they can't survive without government, and government is predominantly white people.

I hope that makes sense, when I saw what I said in your post I had a moment of pause. I needed to be clear on that point.

Anyway, have a great weekend!

edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: Something something grammer

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The results cannot be twisted, for one thing, there'd be 24/7/365 cam footage just like in every other city. There'd be a website to go to monitor and view any of the four cities and on any street cam. So I don't see how any outcome could be manipulated, unless you're talking agent provocateurs, which could be possible since the cities and the people are not on lockdown.

If you approached it as an ABC or NBC year long reality show then I'd say lock them down, but then again I wouldn't trust any network. Haha, let's get real, if I were someone that believed anything the glowing screen told me, I'd be sitting in front of it right now and not on a conspiracy site.

As far as job selection goes, you pick people already in that field and also those that want to be trained. I'd have to go with one hospital, that's not part of the experiment. To do so would be hazardous, I would think.

Well....does that help, I'm not that good at explaining myself because I never feel I should. I speak in layman's terms, don't I?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join