It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden gets it a bit wrong on his Gun fight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
www.cnbc.com...

Biden is expected to discuss plans to strengthen federal gun law enforcement under the strategy. Among them are a new “zero-tolerance” policy for gun dealers who violate federal gun sales laws and new power delegated to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, or ATF, to revoke dealer licenses on first offenses.

We have sweeping violence in most major cities run by democrats in the US. The stats are horrific. Crime of all kinds is rising, but killings are the most detrimental, due to the part where those who are killed are not coming back...ever.

This all started to escalate just before the elections and has gotten worse since then. It's so bad that even the left pundits can't ignore it away anymore. So how do we combat this wave of crime? Well, obviously go after the legal gun owners and dealers.

If it wasn't so damn sad it would be funny.

We have prosecutors not prosecuting crime, criminals released from jail with no bail and no repercussions for their crimes. We have a cohesive effort to demonize police, defund them, and drive them out. It's all working super well. Crime is up, Police morale is down, and the number of cops on the street is decreasing at a rapid pace. Congrats leftovers. You are getting what you want. And to boot, the "fix" from your leader is to go after the legal aspect of gun ownership. No, really.

I don't claim to have all the answers, but Stevie Wonder could see this from miles away.

Punish crime. Full stop. Enforce the laws that exist. Bad guy does bad things, put him in jail. Keep him there, and make it unpleasant. Use a gun in a crime? Make the punishment really bad. And make the arrest and punishment known to all. Make sure that everyone knows that laws will be enforced and to the fullest extent of the law. After all, why have laws to begin with if we aren't going to enforce them.

Legal gun owners aren't the ones doing this crime. Legal gun owners aren't criminals.

And here is where some of the idiot brigade need to pay attention. A whole new crop of legal gun owners now exist. Even leftovers have bought guns to protect their families against the crime that the Police no longer deal with, due to the defunding, and demoralizing effort. So you who used to laugh at the gun grabbers now have skin in the game.

It's way past time to stop the stupid. It's time to end this madness. demand better from the leaders. They won't listen to us, we are all armed insurrectionists white supremacist's. But you on the left, have the power to make change. If you don't, I can promise you, nobody else will. Remember, you got your wish. Orange man gone. You have house, senate, and White House. Continue to be idiots, or change for the better. Choose wisely.
edit on 24-6-2021 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Whilst I don't particularly care for politics, this "piece" is certainly entertaining.

Do I "own" guns... sure. Is it anyone's business... maybe. I'm in Europe and time will tell.
All I can say is... try to take mah gunz away... yer gonna get resistance.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Democrats and leftist refuse to do anything to actually address the issue of gun violence. They want to nibble around the edges to make it look like they are doing something while avoiding the elephant in the room that gun violence is largely a cultural problem primarily affecting the lower income black community.

To be blunt, America does not have a gun problem. We have a young black male problem. Any solution has to start with this point to understand why. It is cultural.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
America has more citizens in jail than any other country. Why? Are Americans just basically crooks? And you want more Americans in jail? Because we have not got all the crooks in jail yet? And we need more Americans to have guns to shoot the crooks who are not yet in jail?
Most of you will never even load a gun, much less use it.

Cowards.

I saw some war in my time. I never want to see it again. You jokers who talk real tough are just wet rags in the wind.

Be nice to people in life, and your life is nice.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Havamal
America has more citizens in jail than any other country. Why? Are Americans just basically crooks? And you want more Americans in jail? Because we have not got all the crooks in jail yet? And we need more Americans to have guns to shoot the crooks who are not yet in jail?
Most of you will never even load a gun, much less use it.

Cowards.

I saw some war in my time. I never want to see it again. You jokers who talk real tough are just wet rags in the wind.

Be nice to people in life, and your life is nice.

releasing the bad guys doesn't seem to work. they promise to be nice, but just don't remember. We even told them the golden rule.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Horrible nightmare President and Attorney General roflmao ...

Red Herring after Red Herring mixed with fake anger 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Millions of voters glad and giddy all over 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I always appreciate it when you weigh in on these topics.

If anyone would know, it would be you - due to your location and ethnicity.

You are a very level headed individual. Thank you 🍻

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

To be blunt, America does not have a gun problem. We have a young black male problem. Any solution has to start with this point to understand why. It is cultural.

If you weren't black, that would sound racist.
Research on the subject backs what you are saying though.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Hey, I am all about having sporting guns. Not going anywhere on that position.

Just thinking about what the heck is wrong with the US that we have more people in jail that any other county. Not per person. Not per population. More people in jail than any other country.

Land of the free?

What the heck. Seems like you sneeze and you go to jail in the US>

Never gone to jail. Never been in cuffs. Does not really effect me. But I care about my fellow Americans. Why do we have some many folks in jail compared to China, North Korea, Russia, Iran...

We are shameful, yet not ashamed.

edit on 24-6-2021 by Havamal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Havamal

Honestly, a big part of the problem is Biden and Co's criminal reform acts in 1988, 1991, and 1994 which put lots of drug users in prison, lots of women and nonviolent offenders can thank him.

www.aclu.org... aine-law
edit on 24-6-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

ETA.. BFFT, is my link broken because of the coc... word in it? Wanted to link some evidence here.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

An honest discussion about that would entail how our ridiculously high imprisonment rate is a self feeding loop. You get caught up in something that lands you in a state jail (like, your ex wife wrote hot checks...known that one to happen)? The chances of you leaving that jail without becoming embroiled in some criminal thinking is next to impossible. We create worse prisoners by imprisoning people with the worst we have, then wonder why things re the way they are.

Or how about the effect that locking up entire neighborhoods has on families. Single moms trying to pay bills, while having to life in subsidized housing that she shares with sex crime offenders, who also don't have many options on where to live. Then you wonder why people in these areas have high rates of various sexual issues, including rape or twerking on an ambulance.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Agree. White America went crazy.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Um.. Biden and Co do not represent "white america" whatever that means.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

UH, elected representatives....

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   
They reacted to the wishes of the people they represented. White folks.
edit on 24-6-2021 by Havamal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Oh I see you're that type

I wonder if you even consider a large portion of white people (hunter biden included) who were doing crack?
You think they wanted harsher penalties for crack too? Or they don't represent white folk?
Or (and this is just embarrassing) did you think only non whites did crack?

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Logical? Critical thinker? yes

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The reason we have more people in jail than other countries is because we don't execute them on the spot.

Maybe, just maybe, if criminals didn't commit crimes, they wouldn't face the repercussions of their crimes?

It sure as hell ain't guns that plague our country, it's attitudes like yours!

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

An honest discussion about that would entail how our ridiculously high imprisonment rate is a self feeding loop. You get caught up in something that lands you in a state jail (like, your ex wife wrote hot checks...known that one to happen)? The chances of you leaving that jail without becoming embroiled in some criminal thinking is next to impossible. We create worse prisoners by imprisoning people with the worst we have, then wonder why things re the way they are.

Or how about the effect that locking up entire neighborhoods has on families. Single moms trying to pay bills, while having to life in subsidized housing that she shares with sex crime offenders, who also don't have many options on where to live. Then you wonder why people in these areas have high rates of various sexual issues, including rape or twerking on an ambulance.

both you and Havamal are correct. Our incarceration rate is ridiculous and jailing someone for doing drugs is idiotic. I wonder how many people are in jail because they smoke a joint, or did some other drug and got caught in the wrong place. If we truly want to fix this (it looks an awful lot like we don't) then finding a better solution to drug abuse, and mental illness is key and prison isn't the answer.

But for violent offenders, people who hurt others, people who have no empathy or conscience, they need to be removed from the rest of us. And the penalty for doing the sh!t they do needs to be so bad that most wouldn't even think about going that direction. Don't like prisons, bring on the firing squads. Make it frightening and you end the cycle.

It's time to rethink all of this, and without the feelz, it needs to be about JUSTICE FOR ALL.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The chances of you leaving that jail without becoming embroiled in some criminal thinking is next to impossible.

You stumbled into a core truth... these problems are exacerbated tremendously by the establishment's recent Orwellian infatuation with criminalizing unapproved thought. At least the prison boom of the 80s and 90s involved actual criminals going to prison for breaking actual laws... nowadays they're jailing folks for thinking wrong, for daring to question the establishment's chosen narratives and leaders, and for being self reliant rather than a pawn.
edit on 24-6-2021 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join