It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida building collapse: Emergency response after incident in Surfside near Miami

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I am beginning to think that the concrete just failed structurally because of all the cracks from the slow subsidence. Not a sinkhole but years of slowly developing cracks. The nearby construction may have accelerated it but by the description of the lawsuit over the cracks, they existed before that construction.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I just saw a video of this and wow I'm not expecting many more to be found alive that was far far worse than what the pictures show

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

That could very well be the case also. When concrete cracks, for whatever reason, it allows the ingress of water, and in FL that water will also include salt which corrodes the reinforcing steel significantly reducing the structural integrity of the building.

So, that's another valid possible theory.

Good post.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: beyondknowledge

That could very well be the case also. When concrete cracks, for whatever reason, it allows the ingress of water, and in FL that water will also include salt which corrodes the reinforcing steel significantly reducing the structural integrity of the building.

So, that's another valid possible theory.

Good post.

The salt indeed not only corrodes the reinforcing steel, but also expands the iron causing spalling of the concrete. It happens frequently in states that use salt to de-ice roads in the winter. The salt infiltrates the rebar, causing accelerated destruction of the roads by way of the oxidization of steel.

In many cases, the DOT in states will not even approve pours unless rebar is coated.
edit on 24-6-2021 by Realtruth because: Typo

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

You bring up a good point about the rebar expanding.

I wonder if this building had epoxy coated rebar? It is being banned in all construction as it concentrates any corosion in the breaks in the epoxy causing total failure in dammaged places instead of a slow allover corosion as would occur with galvanized rebar. If the concrete cracks broke the epoxy coating, that would let saltwater into contact with the metal of the rebar. The swelling of the rebar, cracks in the concrete and the subsidence could have been enough to bring it down.

Epoxy coated rebar has destroyed a few bridges this way.

edit on 6 24 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Looks sort of like controlled demolition in this video.

FLORIDA BUILDING SHOWINGS LIGHS MINUTES BEFORE COLAPSING

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
Looks sort of like controlled demolition in this video.

FLORIDA BUILDING SHOWINGS LIGHS MINUTES BEFORE COLAPSING

This kind of stuff is way over the top, amazing how they can attach blame in less than 24 hours, almost like they had a pre agenda.

I'd go with normal concrete/rebar corrosion till it was ruled out at least.

Till then we ought to table the bitchute theory along with alien oceanic beam weapon in retaliation of the Navy's "testing" the MOAUB (Mother of all underwater bombs)

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Yep, we had a project in Colorado (no salt air) where we had to repair a 8 story, 29,500 car pre-cast parking garage because of corrosion from snow melt chemicals like mag chloride and calcium chloride. Completely ate up the anchor gussets between the double "T"s. Contractor had to jackhammer out every single one of them by hand (and there must have been at least 10,000 of them, at very least), replace them with PVC coated gussets and epoxy the running surface back together. It was an UGLY job! Took about 24 months to complete.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Well, the real culprit destroying the roads is the fact that the snow melt chemicals thaw the snow and ice, but after a while the additional snow and ice causes the snow melt to dilute and the water re-freezes, but when it does this it has run down inside the cracks of the roadway. When the water freezes it expands and spalls the surface of the roadway creating potholes. Once the potholes show up, the constant pounding of traffic over them just makes them bigger and bigger until the roadway surface itself just alligator cracks. Then a whole full thickness section has to be replaced.

Personally, I think all snow melt chemicals (including salt) should be outlawed. It actually creates more problems than it solves. If only people would just learn how to drive!! But I digress.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
I just saw a video of this and wow I'm not expecting many more to be found alive that was far far worse than what the pictures show

The news media is milking all they can out of this tragedy with sensational (incorrect) headlines.

i.e... from FoxNews

"Expert explains possible reasons behind fall of Champlain Towers"
Source = Front Page of: www.foxnews.com...

From what I see of the post-collapse photos, the "towers" did not fall. But it sounds so 911'ish to use that word.

News media writers are bored stiff this year.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

When ATS becomes the voice of reason and investigation, because the MSM has become the looney-toons conspiracy theorists, we are indeed living in a backwards, upside-down world.

It is becoming more and more obvious this was a natural event, whether caused by a sinkhole, nearby construction, or salt water corrosion.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Joe Biden says the mayor of Miami was in his office Wednesday morning, 14 hours before the apartment building collapse on Wednesday night.

"I've spoken with, coincidentally, the mayor of Miami-Dade, was in my office yesterday — not about that, obviously — but I had a long discussion with her today," Biden stated. "I've also spoken with, we've been in contact with congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz who's in that district. We've gotten in touch with FEMA. They're ready to go. They're down inspecting what they think is needed, but I'm waiting for the governor to ask for a declared emergency, especially as we learn what might happen to the rest of the building."

Biden added that "we are ready to move federal resources immediately if, in fact, we're asked for it," noting that his chief of staff, Ron Klain, "has been deeply involved in this from the very beginning. We got the Cabinet involved in it now in terms of dealing with FEMA, we're working on it."
Source: www.yahoo.com...

THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Unless Joe Biden is down there moving rubble or trapped inside himself, I don't care what he thinks. People are dead, injured, or missing.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

It is becoming more and more obvious this was a natural event, whether caused by a sinkhole, nearby construction, or salt water corrosion.

TheRedneck

I would wager we're going to discover it'll be a combination of all three. When this happens it'll absolutely reformat Florida's building codes, and commercial inspection process.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   

i just saw on the local news here that the building has been subsiding since the early 90's.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Floridia Miami-Dade County mayor updated numbers.

120 accounted for
4 deceased recovered
159 unaccounted for

Heavy equipment has removed some unstable rubble from the top to make it safer for the rescuers working inside.
edit on 6 25 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Also said roof was being repaired

Have to wonder if the equipment on the roof and the repairs loaded one side of the building and called the collapse

Just have to wait for the engineers report for the definitive answers

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Latest update (830am Edt) is now 159 unaccounted for

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So McAFEE dies and a kill switch is triggered. Information is on the blockchain. Hard Drives are located in a condo in Miami. Hmmmmmm.

posted on Jun, 25 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
Floridia Miami-Dade County mayor updated numbers.

120 accounted for
4 deceased recovered
159 unaccounted for

Heavy equipment has removed some unstable rubble from the top to make it safer for the rescuers working inside.
This is horrible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join