It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida building collapse: Emergency response after incident in Surfside near Miami

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

the fact is ocean levels are in fact rising (even though it's milometers per year currently, that is still "rising"). just as it has been rising for thousands of years. and anyone who isn't ignoring evidence (such as those pushing the human caused climate change THEORY), knows this is true.

back in WW2, some American POWS, kept by the Japs had some serious issues issues that resulted from rising ocean levels. that being where the were kept was flooding with the tides. how is this proof of rising sea levels? the fact that when where they were kept was built 300 years before, their "cell" was a magazine. and one does not put gunpowder into a place that floods daily, because water is bad for gunpowder.

but there is also plenty of evidence of rising sea levels all over the world as proven by all the places humans lived on coastlines being under water. which are found everywhere.

it's even true that a lot of the sea levels rising over the thousands of years is from glaciers melting. the glaciers that melted at the end of the last ice age. those melting glaciers that created most of the lake and river systems that have been draining into the oceans ever since.

for example. we know the great lakes in the US/Canada, didn't exist long ago. evidenced by ancient human activity on what is now the bottom of those lakes. even signs of the ancient rivers on the bottom of those lakes. i have even seen underwater petroglyphs, painted on rock walls of waterways that have been receding in water levels.

we even know that those lake areas were bigger and deeper at one time in the distant past. where did all that water go? it flowed into the oceans, a process that is still ongoing.

we even know that ALL the north American inland waterways have been continually draining off into the oceans non stop. where even in a period of about 40 years some waterways have been reduced from mighty rivers used to float logs down, into streams barely wide and deep enough to put a canoe in. where you can even see the remains of huge log jams sitting abandoned high up and far back from the currant shores. and similar signs all over the north of old logging equipment that was once IN the water now high and dry, far back on shore. just a few years ago, used to support global warming, they showed pictures of far northern lakes (ie no one anywhere even remotely close to them to take water from them), that were drying up. and of course the real cause is the fact that they have been constantly draining into the ocean

and just look at all the places whining about the drop in water levels over the last several years. such as the "mighty Mississippi" levels dropping. and while lack of rain/snowfall has an effect, it's not near as great as the effect of the actual water sources drying out over the centuries. you can even see this effect in pictures from the 1800's and before that show much more water than in recent decades, from all over North America. and even all the remains of things like water mills which now sit high and far away from rivers that used to run them. not to mention all the whining in recent years of underground aquifers that are running out of water due to both over use, and the fact that there has never been enough water added to them from rain/snow, but was the remains of glacial melt and drying up waterways that fed them.

all things that show that yes indeed the ocean levels are rising. but it has very little if anything to do with humans. but is the natural cycle that has been ongoing since the last ice age. and the ONLY way this will change is to go through another major ice age, that creates the huge glaciers that once existed, and then melted to take that water from the oceans, eventually melting into lake/river systems, beginning that cycle again.

don't forget we also know big parts of the Sahara desert were once lush with vegetation, and even river systems. until that water drained almost completely away leaving the huge desert we all now know.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Update: Four more recovered again today

94 deceased
22 unaccounted for

It is getting harder to find fresh news on this. Most msm are now just updating the numbers and reposting their old material. Many of the new articles are getting very short.

Some are worrying about the other condos in Florida. Owners are concerned that one condo building passed its inspection but it is now getting over four million dollars in work done.
NY Times

edit on 7 12 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
**SMH at some of the responses here** This was NOT a controlled demolition! PERIOD!

Of course it wasn't, it was a missile. Or nano-thermite holographic planes.

I'm on the fence at the moment.

Catapult.

From Cuba.

Everyone knows there's no such thing as thermite.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   
If anyone is interested.

Here is a LIVE Youtube channel that is showing clean up efforts at the site.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Update: One more recovered today

95 deceased
14 unaccounted for.

There are 85 of the 95 deceased identified and returned to their families.

I have found out why the numbers are not changing as it would seem they should. The unidentified recovered are being counted as deceased and unaccounted for. They are not removed form the unaccounted for numder until they are identified. That means there are only 4 missing now.
CBS News

The pool area was a known problem and had been worked on 25 years ago.
NY Post

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Update: Another one recovered and another one identified

96 deceased
13 unaccounted for
3 missing

See the update above for an explanation of the numbers.

There is an article about a family that survived by leaving as the collapse started. They were at and in the building at 1:00am the night of the collapse. Family members state that the building sounded like construction going on. This is the earlist report of the collapse starting that I am aware of.
CBS News

Reports from China are indicating that officials are saying that the rescue and recovery efforts for this collapse are inefficient. This seems to be a distraction for the building in China that collapsed this past Monday, killing at least seventeen, among other problems China is currently experiencing.
Washington Post

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   
beyondknowledge,

Thank you for updating this thread. I've found your posts to be very helpful.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

They were at and in the building at 1:00am the night of the collapse. Family members state that the building sounded like construction going on.

Hmmmm...that's interesting! Wonder what's up with that??

Very strange!!!

Wow!

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Yes^^^^^^ Thank you for keeping us updated in this thread.

Just heard Another Condo roof collapse in Miami Dade.

Hope this isn't like a "Things in 3's"

www.nbcmiami.com...

edit on 15-7-2021 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Update: One more recovered today and six more identified

97 deceased of which 90 identified
1 missing

The latest munbers are form this article and it also states the recovery is almost over but will continue until all the rubble is searched.
Miami Herald

The 911 calls from the night of the collapse have been released.
USA Today
edit on 7 15 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The linked article goes into more details about that report. I think the support structure at the lowest levels around the pool stated crumbling slowly. When enough had failed, the pool collapsed into the car park / basement and that caused the failure of the rest of the suppports. With nothing holding it up, that half of the building collapsed. The way he describes the pool going down seems to support your pool fall blast theory.

There might have been up to 30 minutes of warning. There was an effort to warn others to evacuate, but not enough time to wake them and get them all out.

It is strange that they were in contact with the security guard but no one pulled the fire alarm. Assuming it had a working fire alarm.
edit on 7 15 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I don't think that was on the list of priority buildings to be checked in the area. I think they are checking 5 story buildings and above. That one is only 3 floors.

I think the Miami building inspector's office is getting into more trouble now.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised to see a several page long list of buildings to be condemned or repaired prior to re-occupancy before this is all over.

The really sad part of this though is the fact that there's probably more money than ever before greasing the palms of corrupt politicians and officials in that area now.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Update: No change in the numbers today

97 deceased of which 90 identified
1 missing

This article shows some of the material evidence that has been collected by the NIST.
NBC Miani

I have located a YouTube video analyzing two videos shot in the parking area about a year ago. It shows the condition as it was and discusses the visible damage shown.

This one is his video about the collapse itself. Please look carefully at 18:30. This photo shows that the pool actually survived the collapse and had water still in it. This eliminates our pool drop blast theory. It was the nearby pool deck that was the roof of the parking area that had collapsed first.

This is a screen capture of the 18:30 photo.

It clearly shows the intact pool and hottub.

They are nearing the end of the search and recovery. Not much rubble is left from the collapse still in the site.
edit on 7 16 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Update: No more recovered but five more identified

97 recovered of which 95 identified
I missing?

Another five of the recovered have been identified and returned to their families. Two more are not identified yet. I am not certain adout the missing one as there is no mention of that number in today’s news.

A Miami judge has approved the sale of the property where this collapse occurred. The price is expected to be over 100 million dollars.

Some of the victims have had their bank accounts robbed by hackers.
Fox News

This is another video from the engineer that I posted in the last update. He has more and updated evidence of what happened to cause the collapse.

edit on 7 17 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Update: No change in the numbers today

97 recovered of which 95 identified
I missing?

Still no mention of the missing one. They are close to finishing the recovery.

Less news is available. This is an update from CNN

Another video from the same engineer.
It seems that the cause might be something as simple as the possitioning of the heavy planters on the pool deck and the increased concrete degradation the planters caused along with all the leaks in the pool deck.
edit on 7 18 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'm thinking, the original builders and architects may have

made some mistakes here?

I'm reading some article's about the the booms in building in Miami.

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=From%20the%20mid%2D1990s%20through,(150%20m)%20in%20height.

Not from there, and have never studied the area.

The little bit I have read is interesting.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Update: The way the numbers are officially reported has changed

97 recovered of which 95 have been identified

They are no longer reporting any recoveries until they have identified them and their families have been notified. It seems they are not reporting the number missing at all.

The official investigation will not start as long as the recovery continues. They are taking pictures and evidence samples but not investigating the cause of the collapse or other problems this building had at this time.

CNN has some rehashed information on some other condos with problems and the laws not requireing the condo association to have money set aside to fix any structural problems. They only have to set aside money to cover items normally expected to wear out and need replacing.
edit on 7 19 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Update: Nothing new

They are nearing the bottom of the rubble pile.

The latest msm articles are just recycled informtion from other articles that have been covered already. Same with most videos.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Update: The parking area is empty

It seems that msm is not telling the news on this any more. They lost interest as the hope drained from this story. There are some newly released photos of the emply basement /parking area. This is the most telling one.
It looks like the lowest concrete slab of this building is still pretty much intact. This means there was not a sink hole under the building. It looks like the known damage to the structure and possibly the added stress from the nearby construction did this building in. Nothing official yet as the official investigation has not started. CNN is still saying there are more unaccounted for. This is the latest information I have found.
CNN

A nearby building has now being at least temporarily evacuated because of deterioration found in an inspection. They are not saying if it is repairable or not.
NY Post

The rubble pile is moved. Msm is saying little about this now. Do you still want daily updates or just when actual news is made available about this disaster?

edit on 7 21 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join