It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sun rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:54 PM
link   
In regards to my stupid last post. Yes, you may have guessed I got extra grande drunk and started doing some really stupid things. Then long story short I went out and I'm pretty sure I got roofied or something and ended up waking at dawn on the wrong side of town with no money in my wallet or bank account, and a punctured radiator to boot. The last thing I remember from that night is fumbling my keys into the ignition.

It was one of the most humbling experiences of my life seeing the sun rise from that side of the tracks, where there's very little hope, only shadows. It came just at the right time, and it cast a beautiful golden light along old brick buildings.

I had to do the walk of shame back home with my tail between my legs.

It wasn't fun. It wasn't endearing or cute.

I doubt I learned anything from it either, because in the end, we're all beholden to our wants and needs and desires (didn't some fat guy say something like this?)

We're all people just trying to find a place in this crazy messed up world. Thank your lucky stars if you know exactly where you are and where you're going. I can't find a damn clue.

With God's Grace...

edit on 23-6-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Sounds like a typical Monday morning

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I'm pretty sure I got roofied or something

Thanks for the kidney!!!

Its just experience, now you learned a few lessons of what not to do.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
In regards to my stupid last post. Yes, you may have guessed I got extra grande drunk and started doing some really stupid things. Then long story short I went out and I'm pretty sure I got roofied or something and ended up waking up at dawn on the wrong side of town with no money in my wallet or bank account, and a punctured radiator to boot. The last thing I remember from that night is fumbling my keys into the ignition.

It was one of the most humbling experiences of my life seeing the sun rise from that side of the tracks. It came just at the right time, and it cast a beautiful golden light along old brick buildings.

I had to do the walk of shame back home with my tail between my legs.

It wasn't fun. It wasn't endearing or cute.

I doubt I learned anything from it either, because in the end we're all beholden to our wants and needs and desires (didn't some fat guy say something like this?)

We're all people just trying to find a place in this crazy messed up world. Thank your lucky stars if you know exactly where you are and where you're going. I can't find a damn clue.

With God's Grace...

Don’t be your own judge, be thankful you saw the beautiful rays of the glory of the lord bathing the creation in its glorious light.

It must have been swell, glad you witnessed it in person dude.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   
You're still on the right side of the dirt.
Always remember, Life is Good.
Keep'em between the ditches.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Some of us, not all but some. Have seen a different perspective on ourselves.

Once a pickle always a pickle.

Thankfully your keys didn't find a way into that ignition switch. So much more worse could have happened.

You lived to walk it off.

Drums are fun and you do still have your Kidneys. Be very thankful for that.

Next time you feel the need for a taste, ask yourself this. "Do I need a taste?"
"Can I Wait"?

The air is still breathable, sky is still blue.
What you choose next is up to you.

You live another day to express remorse.. I'm confident on this.
And it's it's clear you need a little change.

Get some sleep.

Nothing is better than being in complete control of yourself. Waking up early and having some Coffee, watching the Sun rise and hearing the birds is steller.

Clear heads prevail.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Could have been worse, you could have come to with a crushed up 5 dollar note in your hand and a sore bum.

Take this as a tip from above to drink at home or with friends ...

Cheers mate.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I have had a lot more patients lately, with a very similar story. The only difference is the outcome.

I don't care if my patients are innocents, sex workers, addicts, or if they just had a lapse of judgment. All I see is a person that is in need of help. They all have a story, an important story. The only interest I have in how they became my patient, is that information that will assist the judicial system, in apprehending the person that caused them harm. My focus is only on providing them medical assessments, care, and support. I work as a member of the assault team. From where I stand, and from your story, you are extremely lucky.

I don't know all your story. I just know that I am seeing an amazing increase in the number of people that are finding themselves in similar situations. The increase in the number of people seeking assistance with their physical pain, emotional, mental, and discontent, with the use of drugs or alcohol, is noticeable. It is not an age thing, nor a race thing, not a gender thing.

We have a large number of people that seem to no longer care about tomorrow. A large number that don't care what happens to themselves, and even a larger number that doesn't care about others.

I know I cannot tell your anything that you don't already know. I know that no one can beat you up any more viciously, than you can do to yourself. I am hoping you will visit your post daily. Maybe a self reminder, will help you think about the possibilities of what may come next, if you decide to take that same path again. It is not easy. It is a maze, with lots of walls and dead ends, but there is a way out.

I don't know where you live, but I am sure you have a Victim Services close by. We are there to help people that are victims of crime, but we provide services to help prevent people from becoming victims as well. That is the part I like about our service, more than any other.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

In your professional opinion, what is the reason for the uptick of incorrigibles like me?

edit on 24-6-2021 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

you could have come to with a crushed up 5 dollar note in your hand and a sore bum.

How do you know so much?!

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

In your professional opinion, what is the reason for the uptick of incorrigibles like me?

I don't know your story. Most of my patients, used poor judgment, or made bad choices, usually due to emotional or mental downward spirals. The internet in many of the cases played a part with either supporting the bad choices, or by connecting them with bad actors.

I don't have to tell you that allowing yourself to be so impaired by alcohol or drugs, to the point of losing consciousness, or blacking out, is never safe. Reaching that level of impairment when around strangers and away from home, intensifies the risk intensely. Again, I am preaching to the choir.

I could list a number of reason for the uptick, but regardless of the reason, the underlying issues were present before the catalyst. I just think that so many things happened during the past year that it created the perfect storm.

top topics

join