It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McAfee Found Dead In Spanish Jail Cell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Wasn't aware he was facing court....

John McAfee Found Dead In Spanish Jail Cell

Cybersecurity entrepreneur, cryptocurrency advocate, and former U.S. presidential candidate John McAfee has been found dead in his jail cell in Sant Esteve de Sesrovires, Barcelona, Spain within hours of a court’s ruling that he would be extradited to the United States on charges of tax evasion and failure to disclose income.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   
No ill intent here, but for years it has been my belief that his company was releasing the virus that he was selling protection from. That’s the main reason my company spent thousands to switch to apple products. From my point of view, karma collects dividends.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

Makes you think..

John McAfee Repeatedly Warned He Would Be ‘Suicided’ In Jail ‘A La Epstein,’ Called Out ‘Deep State’ Days Before Arrest

nationalfile.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
No ill intent here, but for years it has been my belief that his company was releasing the virus that he was selling protection from. That’s the main reason my company spent thousands to switch to apple products. From my point of view, karma collects dividends.

I don't know if there is any validity to that claim however it was long rumoured that many of the Pakistani and Indian anti virus company's used that very tactic.

I use McAfee and have had no problems with it, used Bullguard before that and about the same performance.

Also used early Malwarebytes in conjunction with them and even with Bullguard it was always finding malware (I would trawl the internet looking for mod sites as the Nexus (the biggest legit mod site) only has so many and they are very strict meaning some of the best mod's out there never get put up there for copyright concerns such as a under two sun's etc so my own fault since many of those were hosted in Russia and the far east but I digress, my point is that once I switched to McAfee I found that even trawling like before I was not getting the same amount of malware on my PC as I did using Bullguard so?, I would also say Kaspersky was more likely to be doing what you suggested than McAfee was but then again I do not know and of course am not an IT admin so?.

As a gamer my concern is more about the number of game clients and retail clients as well as the likelihood that many modern mmo's are actually malware in disguise, the always online model allows company's to scan your PC, use your hardware without your consent and even perhaps to crypto mine while you game making last gen graphics engines inexplicable use far more resources from your high end graphics cards than they should be using.

This if true will not be solely related to gamers but will also filter down to all company's using such always online services as they are an undoubted back door and security threat.

No one is perfect but I guess the problems that John McAfee faced were grown out of the fact he would NOT put back doors in his AV programs after some in the US intelligence agency's more or less TOLD him to do so, so they got him through other mean's perhaps to make an example to those that won't play ball.

I am actually saddened that he has committed suicide (nah he would have come out with something TOO inconvenient of that I have no doubt his company probably knew as much as Wikileaks did and just perhaps more as his software got everywhere).

May God rest his soul and if he WAS helped along the ones that did this WILL face GOD's Justice, they may joke about going to hell but they have no idea how real that really is so they will reap as they have sown.

edit on 23-6-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
No one is perfect but I guess the problems that John McAfee faced were grown out of the fact he would NOT put back doors in his AV programs after some in the US intelligence agency's more or less TOLD him to do so, so they got him through other mean's perhaps to make an example to those that won't play ball.

Well, I guess that COULD be the federal motivation to go after him, but he was very open about not paying his taxes and was even daring the US government to come get him, so the only sympathy he's going to find from me is in a dictionary nestled between sh*t and syphilis (as my drill sergeant once said).

I'm no big fan of taxation, but he kind of wrote his own fate on this one. But I do agree that the 'suicide' is a sad and rough way to go, no matter if you caused yourself to be in that cell in the first place.

We'll see just how 'suicidal' he really was in the coming days.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

How is tax evasion worthy of a death sentence?

Does anyone have any idea how many people would be hunted down and "off'ed" in the US alone if this was the case.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

It wasn't a secret, but it wasn't really splashed all over the news and made a big deal about either.

John McAfee, Software Pioneer Who Fled the Law, Is Arrested in Spain (from Oct 2020)

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is highly suspicious, and I genuinely feel for the man, his family & friends. May he rest in peace, and may the perpetrators be found & Somehow held accountable. Though naturally this is unlikely to happen, given the state of the world & the natural order of things in the intelligence-corporate hierarchies. I genuinely hope at times that we're heading for an uprising - but then I realise that would cause immense pain & destruction & all manner of innovents would be caught between the warring parties. Only God knows where this all ends.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

How is tax evasion worthy of a death sentence?

Does anyone have any idea how many people would be hunted down and "off'ed" in the US alone if this was the case.

Show me where I said it was, and I suppose I'll answer the question. Otherwise...

This seems like a standard case of someone reading into something that I wrote instead of reading what I actually said. I'll help emphasize what I meant by...well, quoting exactly what I said (with some emphasis added):

I'm no big fan of taxation, but he kind of wrote his own fate on this one. But I do agree that the 'suicide' is a sad and rough way to go, no matter if you caused yourself to be in that cell in the first place.

What I was referencing is that getting caught and finding himself in jail was due to his own stupidity and dip#tery (hence, "He wrote his own fate on this one"), and he gets no sympathy from me for that. But, if he did commit suicide, that was his personal choice, not a "death sentence."

If he didn't--which is my initial suspicion--then that's not okay.

Do we all understand now?

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Oh I know, I was adding on to what you said and not countering it. Sorry about the confusion.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Well, then, sorry about the snarkiness

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

At least you weren't "Sharky"

I do wonder if we'll actually get told how he died. Doesn't the CIA operate those "Fun-Houses" in Spain? I wonder if the prison McAfee was at was also part of that program?

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Well, I guess that COULD be the federal motivation to go after him, but he was very open about not paying his taxes and was even daring the US government to come get him, so the only sympathy he's going to find from me is in a dictionary nestled between sh*t and syphilis (as my drill sergeant once said).

We'll see just how 'suicidal' he really was in the coming days.

Very good point, I am in Blighty so not fully up on his tax evasion, I too though have little sympathy for the rich that avoid paying there due share of tax, sadly some of our own prime ministers have had off shore accounts in tax haven's so?, one rule for the poor and another for the rich.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   

This was guy was a murderous sociopathic nutter

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Posted minutes earlier:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join