It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian warship fires warning shots at British Navy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Like who ????

He's referring to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
hmmm, coincidence (not) that the US just so happens to be testing 40,000 pound bomb effectiveness on their AC carriers.

Get a better quality tinfoil hat. That "test" was a shock test, not a bomb test. It has been done for years. I was on the USS Forrestal for one in 1985. IT IS STANDARD.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
That has no relevance to the point I was making but I'll play, who killed more people, Roosevelt/Truman, Hitler or Stalin?

Still Mao.

Yeah, but did he do over 100k in one go like Truman?

I maybe actually should've said closer to 200k in 2 goes

I've struggled with this argument for years.

After reading up on the atrocities carried out in the far east and beyond, years before Pearl Harbor, I have no doubt in my mind that those two nukes saved lives.

They saved not only American lives but the lives of millions of Japanese as the leaders were very much of the mindset that everyone should be prepared to die in defence of their Emperor and country.

if that meant sacrificing their own woman and children they would have had no hesitation. They already proved that.

edit on 23-6-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Cool England, trying to start ww3 and all..

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

It has relevane to your point. Russia didn't save us from the Germans, they tried and failed to put us under their thumb. Ask East Germanans how saved they felt.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex
Hmmmh...

UK denies Russian warning shots fired at British destroyer in Black Sea

?

It's pretty adorable, they basically say 'we heard shots in the distance we saw the jets but we didn't think they meant us'

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

East Germany was sold for peace, there's nothing wrong about that but compared to real Russians they had it a lot better.
Russia was in Berlin whoever snatches the capitol is the winner isn't that right? So yes Russia was defeating the Nazis while the rest maybe liberated Western Europe.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Russia was in Berlin whoever snatches the capitol is the winner isn't that right? So yes Russia was defeating the Nazis while the rest maybe liberated Western Europe.

The fact that Russia was tasked with entering Berlin was decided at the Yalta conference, it was a political and strategic plan which saw the United States and The United Kingdom covering other areas of the Third Reich to prevent the Nazi regime from reestablishing outside of Berlin.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

'Strategically decided' is rewritten history speech for Stalin was faster.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

It was decided months before and there was no one to be 'faster' than the Russians were the only ones heading to Berlin.

edit on 23-6-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

And the U.S. was happy to give it's troops a break.

We intentionally paused near the end.

The U.S. still had Japan to deal with.

Plus we had completely different motivations.

The U.S. had no intention of permanently annexing any of the territory where it beat back the germans.

We all know now that russia had completely different intentions.

And we fought a cold war over it.

edit on 23-6-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

After reading up on the atrocities carried out in the far east and beyond, years before Pearl Harbor, I have no doubt in my mind that those two nukes saved lives.

They saved not only American lives but the lives of millions of Japanese as the leaders were very much of the mindset that everyone should be prepared to die in defence of their Emperor and country.

if that meant sacrificing their own woman and children they would have had no hesitation. They already proved that.

One of those saved American lives could have been my Father's.

To further their interests certain groups have covered up what the Japanese civilians did on Saipan and Okinawa. If you can find and read accurate accounts of that, you will have no doubt that the Atomic Bombs saved more lives than they took. Another thing to look into was the Tokyo Firestorm. It took almost as many lives as Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Something this important and the reports are scattered with horses#t and probable lies 🤣

Red Herring fake story 🤣

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The Russians had a shorter distance.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Okay so entertain this thought:
Yalta was where the zones were decided and the Soviets got all formerly Nazi occupied territory in the East, with 'free elections' as lip service to save face, but ...
Look at the results, Russia won.
What did US & UK get?
A very expensive PR campaign opportunity and a lot of Nazis in Paperclip.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   

But whatabout The Berlin Airlift? 🦃

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I'm not debating who won what, I'm pointing out that the race to Berlin only involved the Russians because the Allies decided this months before it happened.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

East Germany was sold for peace, there's nothing wrong about that but compared to real Russians they had it a lot better.

The point was whether the East Germans felt 'liberated and saved' by Russia.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...the race to Berlin only involved the Russians because the Allies decided this months before it happened.

Whaaat? You don't seriously believe that? Stalin was going for Hitler-blood because he felt personally betrayed. There wasn't really much the West could have done to keep him from parading the Adolf-head as trophy...

Which everybody knew btw that's why the bodies were burned
edit on 23-6-2021 by Peeple because: add

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Okay so entertain this thought:
Yalta was where the zones were decided and the Soviets got all formerly Nazi occupied territory in the East, with 'free elections' as lip service to save face, but ...
Look at the results, Russia won.
What did US & UK get?
A very expensive PR campaign opportunity and a lot of Nazis in Paperclip.

You do realize that the foundations of US aerospace and rocket tech for the next several decades were a result of contributions from German scientists in the Paperclip program....right?

I'm a bit confused about the parameters of your argument.

Are you contending that US landing Wernher von Braun was a net negative?

o_O

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join