It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free speech vs "ATS free speech" The difference may surprise you

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: The2Billies

Disagreeing has never been the problem. Organized retaliation and endorsement/facilitation of violence is the problem.

Tell that to BLM.

I think you mean Democrats, and Leftists in general.

BLM is only a part of the democrat party, and nearly everything affiliated with that party has been causing the problems in recent years.

The brainwashing and violence goes much deeper.

And Everyone appears to know it.

Even honest democrats, though very uncomfortable for them to admit due to brainwashing, and retaliation.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 05:22 AM
link   
You left out Fox and all the other Conservative podcast, radio shows, etc. Why?

And here you are. Saying whatever you want, AS LONG AS IT FOLLOWS THE ATS RULES.

See how that works.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
You left out Fox and all the other Conservative podcast, radio shows, etc. Why?

And here you are. Saying whatever you want, AS LONG AS IT FOLLOWS THE ATS RULES.

See how that works.

how often do you watch Fox?

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Babylon 5 ATS was our last, best hope for peace free speech

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
If you are a conservative and dare to say that you disagree with the littlest thing that liberals believe you are immediately doxed, social media bullied, liberals demand your firing or that people try to destroy your business. Such is the hatred and disdain that liberals openly have these days for nearly half of all US citizens.

Please... just STOP.

Liberals are not the problem. Liberals do not do any of the things you are talking about.

Replace the word 'liberals' with leftists and you win your argument.

I'm sick and tired of people not being precise with their loanguage.

That is what they do. Butchering language and changing the meanings of words is their hallmark tradecraft.

Please, just don't do it.
edit on 23-6-2021 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

(post by Nunyabizisit removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

Free speech does not equal saying whatever you want.

There are limitations on what a person can say under the free speech ideology. You cannot yell fire in a crowded room and cause a stampede in which someone could get hurt or killed.

You can't threaten the President, at least you couldn't before Trump.

The politically correct culture that took off while Bush was in office has been snowballing and morphed into the cancel culture we started seeing with the #MeToo movement.

Ironically enough, these movements almost always tend to ignore the very thing they say they are for.

For instance, the #MeToo movement was about women that were sexually assaulted or harassed. But what about all the rape kits that never get tested, that could help get rapists off the streets.

The Atlantic had an article regarding this two years ago.

Then there's the BLM movement that screamed fraud from the beginning and has a familiar odor to it that smells like the "caravans" in which people fleeing _______, whatever MSM says, had Joe Biden shirts. There was obviously money funding and fueling both of these movements.

Even Snopes rated the Biden shirt debacle as true.

And most already know about the BLM real estate bought by a BLM founder, who stepped down from BLM.

Free speech is meant for everyone. But in the year 2021, is that true?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The Constitution of the United States of America

Based on what I've seen, heard, and read, there is limited speech for the Right and unlimited speech for the Left, overall that is.

What one party or group or individual fails to understand is if you allow the government to show favor to one party, group, individual, then they've loosened the leash that keeps the government in check, and eventually that government will get free from its restraint and will sooner or later turn on them.

Our government is supposed to have checks and balances but what happens when all three branches of government go rogue?

Tyranny, oppression, loss of freedoms, government intrusion...that's what happens.

#MeToo and BLM and PC extremism were wildfires that Americans let burn and consume our way of life. It will require all sides of the political spectrum to unite and come to an agreement, but its outcome must reflect the Constitution. Regardless of what some say, the Constitution is not outdated. It is not a slaveowner's manual. And America is not a racist country.

And people need to exercise their right to free speech more and start standing up for America, instead of fearing what MSM might say.

The Mainstream Media does NOT control America, even though yes it does appear that way. Power of the purse, it's the power of the people, and if people stopped buying products from advertising that supports MSM, we would at least stamp out one of the wildfires burning in America.

The only thing above free speech is free thought. And I know 99% of ATSers understand 1984.
edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: Errors

edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: More errors

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I agree with your statement but where are the liberals speaking out against the leftist extremism?

Only ones I know of are the ones that complained when they lost seats in Con-gress.

Here they are.

Like I said I agree with you, but I understand why the Left is clumped together.

Plus, the same happens to the right. It's wrong to do it to either party.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit
Maybe you missed the past few years.

All remaining democrats, liberals, and progressives can now accurately be called leftists.

I understand you may actually think that you believe that, but you are obviously wrong and cannot possibly be so naive as to believe deep down that such an absurd blanket statement could be true.

I concede that many of the true liberals have abandoned the D party because of their ongoing derangement syndrome, but many are still in the process of realization.

Personally, I believe that only a very tiny fraction are too far gone to come back.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM

I agree with your statement but where are the liberals speaking out against the leftist extremism?

There are many - but they have the same problem, but even worse, as the rest of us have - they are deplatformed the second they start talking about these things from a rational perspective.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Maybe you missed the past few years.

All remaining democrats, liberals, and progressives can now accurately be called leftists.

I understand you may actually think that you believe that, but you are obviously wrong and cannot possibly be so naive as to believe deep down that such an absurd blanket statement could be true.

I concede that many of the true liberals have abandoned the D party because of their ongoing derangement syndrome, but many are still in the process of realization.

Personally, I believe that only a very tiny fraction are too far gone to come back.

Try asking about the russia hoax.

Their attempts to appear more moderate will quickly disappear.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

ATS is one of the very few places where conservatives can disagree with liberal ideology and not have people calling for their complete and total personal destruction.

In other words, a safe space for people who get upset when someone disagrees with them.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

It's very simple, and people have explained it many, many times on ATS.

Liberalism and leftism are two very different things.

Liberals aren't calling out the left because the left is not in power. Joe Biden is a liberal and, yes, he is being called out by the left.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Disagreeing has never been the problem. Organized retaliation and endorsement/facilitation of violence is the problem.

Tell that to BLM.

I think you mean Democrats, and Leftists in general.

BLM is only a part of the democrat party, and nearly everything affiliated with that party has been causing the problems in recent years.

The brainwashing and violence goes much deeper.

And Everyone appears to know it.

Even honest democrats, though very uncomfortable for them to admit due to brainwashing, and retaliation.

Yeah i do mean Democrats in general. The ones accepted by the left that is. I just thought that BLM would paint a clearer picture since we have boatloads of videos of them doing those exact things lately.

We also have them from any leftist when Trump became president but BLM is a bit more recent.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

Pretty spot on...only instead of “wildfires” maybe “deliberately set arson”.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0
I noticed a banner ad that said to "support ATS free speech" and it just struck me as odd to phrase it that way so thought I'd ask if it's different from regular free speech and if not how?

The surprise will be if anyone relevant answers the questions beyond "Duh, what do you think it means" to which I ask again, why make the distinction.

ALL free speech matters! sorry couldn't resist...commence deletion and burying procedures.

It's just bad grammar in the banner.

If we disregard for a moment that ATS moderates what is posted to the message board; and instead believe ATS does support free speech... or at least its owners believes that it does...

The banner should have been made to read "support ATS, where free speech is allowed".

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: Paschar0

Unfortunately, some people are either not motivated or capable to make an ethical distinction, and these people need the guidance of moderators or other community members to desist.

Well put! And this is so true, not only for this topic but many other restrictions imposed on good people as well because others can’t behave.

edit on 6 23 2021 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

There are many - but they have the same problem, but even worse, as the rest of us have - they are deplatformed the second they start talking about these things from a rational perspective.

Ahhh, I had forgotten about the whole cancel culture ridiculousness. Plus after Joek's first 100 days I turned the talking heads off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join