It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passports for COVID Just the Beginning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So ran across this post of.this Austrian guy playing around extracting data from his European Greenpass(COVID passport). From there I happened upon the github repo for the base implentation of the Greenpass. It contains the code for both the pass itself and the validator as well as JSON schema for data and a few other things.

So poking around the repo for EU eHealthNetwork value sets as referenced by the EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC) you'll find a few JSON files.

One of these files: disease-agent-targeted.json is interesting.because it only has one field: COVID-19.

Now, if these passports were designed only for tracking covid testing and vaccine status, the existence of such a file would be unnecessary. The only reason to need that file with those fields is if the the passports were to be potentially expanded to include other diseases.

The thing is, it's not the EU making the decisions about what fields should be in the passports, as stated in the readme in the main repo, all the data and such collected by the passports were developed according to guidelines laid out by the WHO here.

On a side note, i never realized there was like 12 different covid jabs out there.
edit on 22/6/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

There are more than 12 COVID-19 vaccines, but these are the ones already with some sort of approval within European countries.

I think there are at least 18 that have received authorization at least somewhere in the world.

And there are a number that have failed to get authorization, like the Queensland University one.

There are likely to be more as time goes on. Status of COVID-19 Vaccines within WHO EUL/PQ evaluation process

edit on 22/6/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:09 PM
link   

This was one of the first things I said when they announced the Covid passport... Covid is a trial not only regarding vaccines but in public obidience and control.

We are being taught that by not using the passport and getting the vaccines we are subject to exclusion, and we will be told it is our own choice.

On a outrageous note: Time to buy Snowmed International stocks I would say.

Anyone remember Gattaca? Snowmed are going to be the company that kickstarts this change.
edit on 22/6/21 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I'm calling BS on the story because I doubt that they'd use an open repository for a secure system but ...

As a former programmer if I were designing a digital covid passport one of the first things tat I would do would be to make it expandable to cover other things, simply because it makes sense to have a multi use system because governments ALWAYS expand on things rather than pay for new ones.

You could have vaccination certificates for multiple variants of Covid.

It's logical in today's modular programming society to have a modular vaccine passport.

I'd also make the genders modular, because that makes sense in today's environment.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

This was one of the first things I said when they announced the Covid passport... Covid is a trial not only regarding vaccines but in public obidience and control.

We are being taught that by not using the passport and getting the vaccines we are subject to exclusion, and we will be told it is our own choice.

Maybe in the US, but not in Europe. European governments have very much been resisting vaccine passports because they want a borderless society, but the European people have been demanding them as a way to get international travel flowing again. In Europe this is a grass roots initiative that's being forced on an unwilling government.

Britain in particular has prided itself on not having ID cards or anything similar for decades, having a vaccine passport really troubles the government because it makes them responsible for keeping the data safe and managing the systems which they don't want to do. They're also afraid that it could be used to discriminate against anti-vaxxers.

The people REALLY want to be able to discriminate against anti-vaxxers, along with covid deniers they're seen as being the reason why the country is still having to lock down.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: flice

Maybe in the US, but not in Europe. European governments have very much been resisting vaccine passports because they want a borderless society, but the European people have been demanding them as a way to get international travel flowing again. In Europe this is a grass roots initiative that's being forced on an unwilling government.

Britain in particular has prided itself on not having ID cards or anything similar for decades, having a vaccine passport really troubles the government because it makes them responsible for keeping the data safe and managing the systems which they don't want to do. They're also afraid that it could be used to discriminate against anti-vaxxers.

The people REALLY want to be able to discriminate against anti-vaxxers, along with covid deniers they're seen as being the reason why the country is still having to lock down.

Not true for Denmark. The story about us citizens wanting it, is a fictional narrative constructive by the governments.. it's the "everyone else wants it, so you are a dissident if you don't...".

It will only cause segregation because it will differentiate those who have and those who have not.
I know the council in the EU that were supposed to guide the rule set for the vaccine program, included a paragraph that said that governments shouldn't discriminate people who choose not to get vaccinated, but that was just a suggestion, not a law per say.

And no, no government will admit to discriminating people, they will instead say:

"It's totally up to you wether you want to get vaxxed or not...... but if you don't you have to get tested often in the test centers with now reduced opening hours, or you can't enjoy everything everyone else is enjoying."

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Tech CEO Naomi Wolf has been recently sounding the alarm bells about how 'the vaccine passport platform is the same platform as a social credit system' and explains below how tech companies (like Bill Gates Microsoft) have been vying for this incredibly lucrative and immensely powerful gov contract.

Sourced by Mandroid.

edit on 22-6-2021 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I'm guessing you never actually looked at the repo at all?

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Also... look into Snowmed International that I mentioned earlier.

Governments are not worried about privacy, they have to say they are. Ofcourse data breaches will get attention, but when was the last time you saw ANY government really get in trouble because they had a breach?
It wasn't long ago that 30.000 SS numbers were leaked in Denmark. Everyone has forgotten about that now.

The current Covid passports do not contain sensitive data, so security isn't a problem.

And they probably never will, but what they can be used for in the long run is targetting individuals who choose not to follow the vaccine path.

Go check Snowmeds proposed usage... they even used the word "Monitoring Population" themselves.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   

And, of course, the weak and fearful who are happy to embrace fascism so they can feel safe the people just naturally came up with that idea and there hasn't been any propaganda from the government at all, nope nothing to see there.

FFS.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Sad thing is it's more than just Covid vaccination status.

The UK, for example, is full on 1984.

You'll see in the link that there is data stored such as;

Information on a persons lifestyle and social circumstances
Criminal convictions or Alleged criminal behavior

There is now no depth to which some people can stoop to before the penny drops that we are heading towards a truly dystopian world at breakneck speed, because they actually want it to happen.

Some people are now the enemy of democracy and civil society, we should all be aware of that.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

As an information security consultant the fact that they have an open repo for a "secure" system absolutely tracks as accurate. Most systems are never designed as secure as that's a cost and usability center that most organizations will bypass if the risk profile is low, if they're even thinking of risk profiles in the first place. SSDLC is one of the most immature spaces that I've come across.

top topics

join