It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Job Opportunity

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   
While out and about today taking my uncle to a doctor's appointment I passed quite a few fast food places. I haven’t seen that many fast food job openings since Joe Biden was only Vice President. It seems like a near living wage is being offer of $13/hr to start and as much as a $500 sign on bonus. And miraculously after a long period of overpayment on unemployment too.

Good thing Joe is back on the job, creating the only jobs of the future. Because hard telling what kind of jobs Kamala has lined up. And they killed Trump’s manufacturing jobs with the Covid because no one needs or can afford new things when they are stuck at home.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

So are you saying covid turned America into a service economy, or that Biden is turning America into a service economy?

Because that happened long before either of those things.

link   

Those jobs will be gone soon too.
They'll all be automated within a few years.

link   

Ohhh there are plenty of job oppurtunities. Problem is people are or becoming lazy and don’t want to work. They got use to the free money and handouts.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:28 PM
link   
There's a reason so many states are turning off the extra money tap. Every day we have a new news story about this or that business closing due to staffing woes. Pay people not to work and they won't.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Interesting. I've not read anything like that, I have seen several places ( a large beverage maker for example ) have lost 3/4 their staff because other places have started to offer more money and better benefits.

Actually, looks like only the #ty places to work are having trouble hiring

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I detect just a wee bit of sarcasm in your OP! LOL!

Drove through Mickey D's about an hour ago and they had a hiring sign in the window. I made some notes. $15.50 starting wage. Went up to about $18 bucks for a shift manager, and/or night crew. Then it went up to like $18.80 for a manager and a whopping $21.50 for a District Manager (multiple locations). Openings for all positions.

Two thoughts shot through my mind. First, they must be pretty desperate for people because that's not a bad starting wage at all for a HS kid. Second, pretty dismal career advancement path if a "District Manager" only makes $43k per year! You'd have to pay me a heck of lot more than that to manage multiple locations, and it probably takes 5+ years to get there, and then only if you live and breathe McMoney 24x7.

Came away not sure what to make of any of that. Typically a DM would make 2x-3x that of an entry level employee, but not at Mickey D's...only +43% more. There's a message in there somewhere. Something is out of whack. Either the DM pay scale is way low, or the entry level employee pay is way high (meaning they can't find people). I'm thinking it's the latter. Maybe it's both.

edit on 6/22/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Bingo.

Just it was rather disquieting to see $13/hr ($16 for Managers) at McDonald’s and KFC when I know that the factories near there are starting out lower. One factory in particular had only went up $7-8 in starting pay as to when they opened 40 years ago. And may actually be only $12/hr right now....they are always hiring because their turnover is worse than McDonald’s...which really says all you need to know. Other than the payout for temporary agency workers that year prevented a job from being created that watched the budget to inform when spending was too high.

Let me say that again slowly. A job that monitored the budget wasn’t created because the budget had been blown. And now you might get paid more to suggestive sell French Fries than making steering wheels.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

I think that is what you are seeing. The people wanting to work have their choice of getting jobs at preferable places, especially in the service industry. Was out to eat a few weeks ago at a place I had never been to and they had tons of staff, all were busy and the food was good.

My daughter's boyfriend works in a restaurant while going to school and on Fathers day they were packed and made over $350 in tips. The good places to work that take care of their employees and want to offer a good product have no issues finding help. The places I regularly go to that have issues with staffing are many that I have heard are not competitive with wages and are not the best places to work for great work environments (Big Box type stores)

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Once upon a time Cracker Barrel refused to hire from within so the only path to management was to be recruited, trained , pay your dues as a “roving” (reassignable) manager until you were awarded a store of your own. And then deal with pricks like me when you made it, who the corporate trainer wanted to direct hire me to her team.

Honestly, the only thing I would ever want to do with food is either a food truck or a lunch counter in a bowling alley. If really pressed into something, a takeout only of chicken and fish...call it Plucking Hooked.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Once upon a time Cracker Barrel refused to hire from within so the only path to management was to be recruited, trained , pay your dues as a “roving” (reassignable) manager until you were awarded a store of your own. And then deal with pricks like me when you made it, who the corporate trainer wanted to direct hire me to her team.

Honestly, the only thing I would ever want to do with food is either a food truck or a lunch counter in a bowling alley. If really pressed into something, a takeout only of chicken and fish...call it Plucking Hooked.

That's a great name! Do it, or at least register the name. You could sell it later.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Sales is a service industry as well if you think about it. Only you are facilitating product delivery in exchange for scheduled production.

By the mid 1970’s Whirlpool had the whole washer and drier thing down pat. They could make everyone that Sears would sell in a year in about a month, Montgomery Wards the next month, JC Penny took about three weeks. And so on until every washer and drier that was going to be sold in America was done by the middle of June or Fourth of July at the latest. We depended on export to keep those workers employed. But by the mid 70’s, Western Europe was fully recovered from the war. Eastern Europe was under Soviet control. Japan had exploded with manufacturing...and Nixon had just opened China.

The McJobs are about the only thing left now that we released nearly all our manufacturing. But if you look at my other post about what kind of restaurant I’d run...they are all very light on hiring additional workers. A new restaurant has enough strikes without high labor costs to kill it.

Mom and Pop are being McWalmarted.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I find it odd people call fast food a hs kids job since hs kids can't actualy use the cooking equipment for inshurance reasons

When I was working fast food hs kids made drinks and took orders thats it they couldent wash dishes because knives couldent do real cleaning because chemicals and couldent take out the trash because weight

18 is practically the minimum age to work with food thanks to inshurance

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

I find it odd people call fast food a hs kids job since hs kids can't actualy use the cooking equipment for inshurance reasons

When I was working fast food hs kids made drinks and took orders thats it they couldent wash dishes because knives couldent do real cleaning because chemicals and couldent take out the trash because weight

When was that?

I worked at McDonald's and then was a manager at pizza hut when I was in high school in the 90s.

I made $5.25 hr. $8 hr as a manager.

ETA: There were no restrictions on what equipment I could or couldn't use.
edit on 22-6-2021 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: markovian

When was that?

I worked at McDonald's and then was a manager at pizza hut when I was in high school in the 90s.

I made $5.25 hr. $8 hr as a manager.

ETA: There were no restrictions on what equipment I could or couldn't use.

30 years is a long time ago the laws changed

www.dol.gov...

And that ea state has there own rules that are more strict than federal

Basicaly if its deemed "dangorus" in any way its probly cheaper to have a adult do it
edit on 22-6-2021 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

Perfect example of Govt. Overreach, unreasonable over-regulation of business, babying, and coddling.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Anagram for Joe Biden:

I Need Job
Job Die En

new.wordsmith.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Those jobs are being advertised because as long as they say "we're hiring", they don't have to pay on the loans given to them as part of the crisis relief package signed off on by His Holiness Trump

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Perfect example of Govt. Overreach, unreasonable over-regulation of business, babying, and coddling.

Completely agree at 16 I was a line cook cuts and burns are just part of the job sometimes someone would cut off a finger

I'm amazed woodshop in hs can still exsist

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Like WIB, I've not observed this either at any of the establishments I've been to recently.

Regardless, the entry level wage is what I posted in my earlier post...whether they're flipping the burgers or just getting the drinks, it's still $15.50/hr.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join