It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the cause of the crime increase in big cities?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have heard it's the POLICE! Those bastards are somehow causing the crime to rise. But no, that sure doesn't fit in with the facts. Most major cities have defunded the police, or removed qualified immunity causing early retirements and outright quitting the force. So that isn't it.

Could it have to do with liberal judges and prosecutors not enforcing the rule of law? Could it be a direct correlation with the Defund movement?
I'm safe where I am. Out in the sticks with fences and dogs and guns. It won't be coming here for a while, and if it does, it won't be met with the same level of resistance seen in the cities. But don't people live in those cities? Aren't they a little put out over all this?

Will all this spill over into the voting booth and cause the pendulum to swing back at break neck speeds? I have to say, that likely isn't a good thing. Sure it will remove some of the terminally stupid people who currently run things, but as with this level of extreme stupid, the other side, being extreme, will look equally as stupid.

It has to be by design. There is no way BLM, ANTIFA, DEFUND, CRT, all just organically rose up all at the same time. And you couple that with prosecutors and judges no longer punishing crime, and it appears it would be a miracle NOT to see the results we do today. We need to be thinking a few moves ahead, and try to understand WHY this all came about. It's not something that can be blamed on "the other side", at least not with any level of intelligence, so it's a calculated risk, but for what end?

Eventually, even the left will be forced to have this conversation and see the truth as it is. I only hope it's not too late by then. Just keep all that crazy in town, we'd much rather just shoot cans and paper targets. K?

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
I think a big part of it is the police being demoralized and afraid they will be punished for taking on criminals. I also think people are just fed up with the covid restrictions and snapping.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The media reporting on it? Crimes have been rampant in big cities forever. The only thing that's changed has been the reporting and people's willingness to get outraged.

Ya have to wonder why the Amish folk don't suffer through what plagues our society....

It just might be the media!

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

In most big cities, you have good police leaving (or not getting involved), and marginal police getting in on the $$$$ flow. There's lot of money flowing thanks to trillions in Covid-19 cash, and drugs pouring into America this year.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I have heard it's the POLICE!

Two of my daughters separately told me that the reason there are higher crime rates in the cities are because they are over-policed!

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

The media reporting on it? Crimes have been rampant in big cities forever. The only thing that's changed has been the reporting and people's willingness to get outraged.

Here in Chicago, over 33 people shot already this week.

Source: heyjackass.com...

That's pretty typical. But what's causing these shootings to get noticed by Chicago (and national) media THIS week, is that WHITE PEOPLE are victims.

If you turned on the TV news yesterday, you'd think the only person murdered in Chicago over the weekend was this white Medical Student: wtop.com...

Sadly, that is also what will finally get the Mainstream Media to mention Biden's border crisis...after a WHITE family or two is found slaughtered, with Illegal Aliens being responsible.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Ya have to wonder why the Amish folk don't suffer through what plagues our society....

I agree the MSM is most of the problem. But the crime stats aren't made up, they are reflective of reality, and reality states that crime is way up.

Amish folk really don't care what we do, they chose not to play, and do just fine.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   

For New York City some violent crimes are up and others are down.

I think it's a combination of factors including, but not limited to, less effective policing, criminal emboldenment and poor policy.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Human beings were never meant to literally live on top of each other in cramped situation--that does something to the psychological health of the individual. You can then couple that with the way that the welfare system truly has kept generations of families trapped within it, and the subculture that exists in most of these places (high single-mother rates, poor schools, lack of parents at home, a need for some to turn to crime just to survive, a gang culture, etc.) just feeds a criminal mentality.

Then you take such a situation and trap it in a year of generally the most restrictive lock-down scenarios and highest level of job losses, and then couple that with all of the "protests" and rioting that has been occurring, and it's pretty easy to see why crime and murder is up right now.

And then when you have people like Lori Lightfoot in charge of such a situation...well, #...these poor citizens don't have much of a fighting chance.

Tamusan makes a good point about demoralized and concerned LEOs, too--when your hands are tied in a way that you can't even enforce the laws effectively, it emboldens the criminals. Again, I look to Chicago, where people were twerking on a police cruiser as it drove through an intersection.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think it's a combination of factors including, but not limited to, less effective policing, criminal emboldenment and poor policy.

If I were to break that down, it would come to "Piss Poor Leadership". is that the conclusion you see as well?

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I don't have to say anything, you got it pretty well covered.

Except, now they are making the good guys appear to be bad guys in general and saying people can do whatever they want and still get away with it and the cops have no power to arrest them unless they let themselves get arrested. So the people who comply with the cops get penalized, while those who resist arrest get away with it. Especially if you are black.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

but if you got that booty, you should shake that booty.

I feel like this was all by design, and it's working as intended, but I can't seem to wrap my head around the reason why. I don't see a "win" anywhere near this, and I am baffled at why those who live in the cities just don't see it, or don't care enough to say something.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
If I were to break that down, it would come to "Piss Poor Leadership". is that the conclusion you see as well?

Uh, yeah, that would probably be the catch all for the issues I listed. Not a fan of Big Bird and how he ran things here.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

So murder rate in Portland alone up 700% is just people reporting more? lol

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Our mayor:

1. Upset over crime.

2. Pulls underhanded maneuver w/5 City Council cronies to defund police.

3. Even more upset at new crime and violence spike.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Emboldened Democrats

Relaxed enforcement of laws

Emboldened Minority Criminal Elements

General MSM bull#t

😃

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If a crime happens and there's not a cop around to see it, did it really happen?

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Crime generally goes up when the economy goes down. And while the economy is not exactly tanking (yet), there is enough squeeze between wages and housing prices and creeping inflation caused by the pandemic -- economic instability in general -- to probably make some ordinarily non-criminals feel that crime is their best option. Some people think criminals are just "bad people," but mostly it's just folks looking at their various options and selecting one with the highest return for the smallest risk. Things get bad when options are limited, the highest return is basically survival, and the smallest risk is that of getting caught by an overworked police force.

These days automated security systems are a bit of a deterrent. But how many times have you seen video footage of somebody stealing something or doing some other crime and they never get caught? Happens all the time.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Crime generally goes up when the economy goes down. And while the economy is not exactly tanking (yet), there is enough squeeze between wages and housing prices and creeping inflation caused by the pandemic -- economic instability in general -- to probably make some ordinarily non-criminals feel that crime is their best option. Some people think criminals are just "bad people," but mostly it's just folks looking at their various options and selecting one with the highest return for the smallest risk. Things get bad when options are limited, the highest return is basically survival, and the smallest risk is that of getting caught by an overworked police force.

These days automated security systems are a bit of a deterrent. But how many times have you seen video footage of somebody stealing something or doing some other crime and they never get caught? Happens all the time.

How weak or strong the justice department is on crime I think drives it all. We have seen in many places they are extremely weak to prosecute, and so crime is way up. If we look at Giuliani's war on crime it was even draconian in nature but worked and he saw huge good changes in NY city, so it is all about the threat of repercussions and if there are super liberal prosecutors that do not much of anything than risk to reward is good.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

what is the cause of the crime increase in big cities?
page: 1

In Oakland it was Gavin.

All Gavin's fault for being a shiny pos snake.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join