It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we put racism to bed now?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Almost every job app I've filled out in the past year has asked what my race is. If race isn't supposed to matter, then why are they asking?

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I give it about 20 years before democrats have totally eradicated bLM and resurrected the KKK as they start trying to coddle the white race again.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision

Almost every job app I've filled out in the past year has asked what my race is. If race isn't supposed to matter, then why are they asking?

I'm in my 15th year at my job so I can't speak on that aspect, but I do know that every time I apply for something else, whether it's a credit card or even something as simple as a profile, I'm asked about my race. I never understood why it mattered what race I was.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Most of it is if the company gets sued for being racist they can report the data to show that they don't discriminate. Also some companies use it for internal tracking purposes.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Racism is bad we should eliminate any teaching or school of thought that focuses on skin color.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Si data can be compiled and decisions made based on race.

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: NightVision

I'm in my 15th year at my job so I can't speak on that aspect, but I do know that every time I apply for something else, whether it's a credit card or even something as simple as a profile, I'm asked about my race. I never understood why it mattered what race I was.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I am not disputing the disparity. There will always be one, because it is a herding tool that allows them control.

Encouraging your children to think about family and education is a 'herding tool'? I know I can be a bit cynical but this is way beyond where I go.

I am confused.

Disparity is a a noticeable and usually significant difference between two things. Disparity will always exist. It is often used as a tool, sometimes even as a weapon for control.

I am not saying it does not exist. I am not saying it is right, and I am not attaching it to any single purpose.

So I am unsure of what you are asking.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The comments I made were in regards the difference in percentages being due to familial effects on the survey subjects. You then brought up herding tools.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The comments I made were in regards the difference in percentages being due to familial effects on the survey subjects. You then brought up herding tools.

I was responding to you comment in this post:

originally posted by: lakenheath24 ....poor Asian kids are around 60% and poor white kids are 16% likely to go to higher education. It aint race....its class. That shows me that it is about ethnicity, which is a thing when it comes to how each one handles certain aspects of society. I suspect the numbers would be similar here being that Asian culture places a higher value on the family unit and education than most others.

My commented was to say, that the common stereo type of the obedient, studious, Asian, or the stereo type of any ethnicity for that matter, is rapidly changing.

Ethnic stereo types were easy to establish when a group was isolated in their communities, and cultural norms, were the only known expectations were copied to maintain peace in the home, and led to dreams of success. Few strayed from what was "normal" and expected in their communities. The internet has expanded what youth today see as their "world". Their world has grown to a much larger level. Community, friends, and "normal" has taken on a much larger scale.

Again, I am not disputing what you believe. I am just sharing that what you believe, is rapidly changing, but there will always be another disparity that will be used in its place, to keep people at odds with each other.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Ah, so you believe that CRT is basically racism? Good for you.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

My commented was to say, that the common stereo type of the obedient, studious, Asian, or the stereo type of any ethnicity for that matter, is rapidly changing.

Is it? Because I saw a 60+% rate compared to a 10+% rate. Doesn't look like that's changed in a way that has them approaching parity.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Is it? Because I saw a 60+% rate compared to a 10+% rate. Doesn't look like that's changed in a way that has them approaching parity.

I think we are looking at this from two different view points. My response has little to do with parity or disparity. It has to do with whether we

Can we put racism to bed now?

I may have misunderstood your post, but I took it to mean that you think the reason that racism is still prevalent in our society, is because of ethnic reasons based on believed stereo types. Most stereo types usually are formed by using a select group to paint your picture. All of those that do not fit the stereo type is rejected, dismissed, or ignored. It rarely shows a true picture of an entire group.

I am not trying to change your mind if that is what you believe.

I simply added my belief that racism and disparity are tools used to keep people at odds with each other. That it does not make much difference how we are divided, the goal is to keep us divided. Making it difficult to put it behind us.
edit on 22-6-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Accidentally posted early.

edit on 22-6-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Grammar and spelling corrections.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I don't think this is racism, I think it's ethno-centric causality.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I don't think this is racism, I think it's ethno-centric causality.

Okay. If that is what you choose to call it.

We don't have to agree.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   

We don't have to agree.

What else would you call a culture's predilection towards the familial unit and hard work?

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Chances are i wont be right through ufoorbhunter and the Fourth Reich will be in full swing.

Thankfully there are enough good Brits to keep that from happening mate and just seen you scored.............. Hope you win it mate love all the home nations teams all Brits at heart

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

We don't have to agree.

What else would you call a culture's predilection towards the familial unit and hard work?

I think favoring a preference towards the familial unit and hard work, may be found in some people of a particular community. It will never be true of all. Communities usually adapt behaviors and customs that aide in their survival.

Culture only speaks to those characteristics one has attributed to a community, based on what one sees or believes to be true, when classifying members of that community. A noticeable number of people in a community may share a preference, just as they may share other ideas, foods, beliefs, and customs, which usually builds security, and closeness in the community.

I don't think any of those choices has anything to do with race. I think all of those factors that influence the community, will change as is it becomes necessary, or when they are no longer beneficial to the community.

Culture has to do with survival and sustainability. It has nothing to do with race.

But that is how I see it. You have explained how you see it, and I think I understand where you are coming from. We will not agree on this one. But we don't have to.

edit on 22-6-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Finished 3-1, i dina fancy our chances against Croatia anyroad. LoL

Glad you beat the Czech Republic all the same.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I have always believed classism is the problem not racism

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ydobon

Colour being the tool used to divide and keep people apart.

I agree all the same class war not race war.

The only colour that matters is green.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join