It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A girls story of being homeless in Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Sadly, the corona virus is taking its toll and the young are facing jobs with no future as far as benefits go. There does seem to be starting a breakdown in the major cities of a careless life style for those that can qualify for disability. This is a story of a Japanese girl. Its in English, but I feel it really is soft toned down a bit as to the REAL harsh realities of one being homeless in a big city here.

edit on 0600000021542021-06-22T03:54:21-05:00542106am3 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0600000032552021-06-22T03:55:32-05:00553206am3 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

sorry I seem not to post the video.

youtube.com/watch?v=625qGowSEbA&t=50s
edit on 0600000030562021-06-22T03:56:30-05:00563006am3 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
Here you go

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Robbo2006
Here you go

youtu.be...

Thanks

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Update on her.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 06:09 AM
link   
She's cute! :3

I am glad her funding page got over $89,000!!! O.O

She is staying in a hotel now, and has been advised about financial planning and withdrawal limits.

Hopefully she uses these funds to become successful.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

She is staying in a hotel now, and has been advised about financial planning and withdrawal limits.

If she works with a govt. hospital about her mental condition and allow the courts to maintain her savings, she might get disability in the future, but with amount in the bank, it is very unlikely she will qualify for disability here. ( payment disability that is, but like free taxi and bus and 10% payment on hospital bills, yes, she should be getting that already )
There are 3 levels of disability here. Bi-polar is one of the 3 highest and determined by a level of incompetence. Currently, she could and should apply for the lottery of govt housing that is done once a year. I see no reason why if she does that , she couldn't win the lottery, but it is very difficult in large cities to get govt. housing, so her best bet it to move to a prefecture that has a large vacancy of apt of city owned apt..
edit on 0600000036342021-06-22T06:34:36-05:00343606am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0600000004362021-06-22T06:36:04-05:00360406am6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

If she works with a govt. hospital about her mental condition and allow the courts to maintain her savings, she might get disability in the future, but with amount in the bank, it is very unlikely she will qualify for disability here. ( payment disability that is, but like free taxi and bus and 10% payment on hospital bills, yes, she should be getting that already )
There are 3 levels of disability here. Bi-polar is one of the 3 highest and determined by a level of incompetence. Currently, she could and should apply for the lottery of govt housing that is done once a year. I see no reason why if she does that , she couldn't win the lottery, but it is very difficult in large cities to get govt. housing, so her best bet it to move to a prefecture that has a large vacancy of apt of city owned apt..

Thanks for all the extra info!
Now... I just need to figure out a way I can tell Meru I think she's one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. hmmmmmmm :3

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have previously seen both of the videos. This young lady has had it rough, but her parents certainly did not help matters any by disowning her and limiting her ability to work by keeping her documentation from her. It's as if they were hoping she would die. It's a sad story and all too familiar in this world.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Thanks for all the extra info!
Now... I just need to figure out a way I can tell Meru I think she's one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. hmmmmmmm :3

Yes, she is a strong woman who has lived by her wits. You can tell that I said that also. There are benefits to the handicap here but it does very even from city to city. One thing maybe you know about is at the time she applies for disability, it may take a few years and once approved, she will earn the money at the start of her application of being disabled. That can amount to a very large amount of money, and I mean a very large amount of money and usually if she goes through the govt. hospital and without an attorney, all that money is hers in cash. No taxes paid on it.
Either way, she has gone public with her problem and there are thousands like her across the country. Mental illness or a mental handycap here has much negative sigma here in this country.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I have previously seen both of the videos. This young lady has had it rough, but her parents certainly did not help matters any by disowning her and limiting her ability to work by keeping her documentation from her. It's as if they were hoping she would die. It's a sad story and all too familiar in this world.

Yes, as a minor one needs to be on the national health insurance here. What happened to her on that, I do not know. The breakdown on families here as you probably know is that kids are soft to the reality of a hard life without parent support until after graduating from university.
City life here I don't know about, but in the countryside, families are still strong bond, but the delusion of happiness to be found only in a big city from a child that didn't graduate from high school is real. Not much of a happy story from that point on.

(post by Broncolious removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Shutting down the economy is worse than Covid imo.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Living in Japan 25 years ago I saw the problems even then. Young men were becoming pussified and didn't want to have relationships with women who were becoming stronger than them. Also many young women in high school prostituted making fast money, but much of the business world was closed to them. Japan is also extremely expensive to live and many shared a one room appt with like 3 people living in a small 10 x 10 room.

Today it is just worst sorry to say.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Living in Japan 25 years ago I saw the problems even then. Young men were becoming pussified and didn't want to have relationships with women who were becoming stronger than them. Also many young women in high school prostituted making fast money, but much of the business world was closed to them. Japan is also extremely expensive to live and many shared a one room appt with like 3 people living in a small 10 x 10 room.

Today it is just worst sorry to say.

I came here during the Vietnam War and in Shinjuku and Tokyo, it was pretty bad on Friday and Saturday nights. At the time it was inhaling tolunole (sp ) now them kids are my age and I'm sure they are all fried in the head.

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I came here during the Vietnam War and in Shinjuku and Tokyo, it was pretty bad on Friday and Saturday nights. At the time it was inhaling tolunole (sp ) now them kids are my age and I'm sure they are all fried in the head.

I lived near Tokyo from 95 to 2000. I have heard that Japan is now having an obesity problem too.

top topics

join