It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Broken Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I filed a report on this malfunctioning thread earlier when my post didn't appear to show up:

U.S. Government Report Finds No Evidence of Alien Technology in Flying Objects......

In my report I said if it doesn't happen again it might not be worth worrying about or something to that effect.
Since then, it happened again when Blue Shift posted, so I'm reporting it here.
If you go to that thread, and click the double right arrow to take you to the last page, that takes you to page 12.
The malfunction is that page 12 is not the last page of the thread, which is currently page 13.
All day it's been impossible to navigate to page 13 normally to see the posts there. The only way I can see the posts on page 13 is to manually enter page 13 in the URL like this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

On that page, the three posts including the one I made are there and readable, even though it's impossible to navigate to that page normally.
That page looks strange, because page numbers appear for pages 14, 15, 1nd 16, but there are no such pages yet. That vaguely reminds me of the bug that happens when you edit your post when it's the last post on a page, so I wonder if this bug is related to that bug, especially considering the last post on page 12 was edited.

Whether the thread is fixed or not is not really a big deal. However, if a thread breaks like this once, could it be happening to other threads, and is it a sign of a bigger problem? Those are the questions I don't have any answers to, which is why I started this thread.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:29 AM
link   
We have this already under review from your 1st report.

Patience is something we all need to remind ourselves of. Rome wasn't built in a day.... but our list of "Fix-it's" are being addressed as quickly as possible.

Johnny

edit on 6/22/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: because I just learned that I still make typos

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I just fixed it.
Now on Page 13.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It's an old bug. Sometimes it takes a second or third post before it goes to the proper page, then it starts working again. As Johnny said, it will get fixed. Just give us time to get it done.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
It's an old bug. Sometimes it takes a second or third post before it goes to the proper page, then it starts working again.
I was waiting to see if it would clear up on its own after another post, but once I saw three posts and that all three couldn't be reached by normal navigation, that's when I started this thread. I didn't realize it was an old bug, this was the first time I've seen it.

As Johnny said, it will get fixed. Just give us time to get it done.
Thanks, it's fixed now.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

This problem was covered last week. The fix is to go to the thread and reply by quoting the last visible post. Delete all of the text in the post and type a capital 'V'. then hit reply.
This is what I did to fix the mentioned thread in this OP.
Refer to this ATS Thread posted last week.

edit on b000000302021-06-22T09:36:21-05:0009America/ChicagoTue, 22 Jun 2021 09:36:21 -0500900000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It only happens to some threads, so it's not a very common bug.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It's an old bug. Sometimes it takes a second or third post before it goes to the proper page, then it starts working again. As Johnny said, it will get fixed. Just give us time to get it done.

There were 5 posts not showing when did the fix.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I know of three separate threads affected in the past week.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

As Johnny said, it will get fixed. Just give us time to get it done.
Thanks, it's fixed now.
Maybe I should have thanked butcherguy for fixing it? He said "I just fixed it." and maybe he did if this post is correct:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would have fixed it myself if I knew that tip but I just found out.
I guess the real fix should be a code change that prevents the bug. Maybe there's some chance of that happening with the new ownership? I was ready to give up on https and I see that was implemented, so maybe there's hope!

originally posted by: butcherguy

This problem was covered last week. The fix is to go to the thread and reply by quoting the last visible post. Delete all of the text in the post and type a capital 'V'. then hit reply.
This is what I did to fix the mentioned thread in this OP.
Refer to this ATS Thread posted last week.
Thanks for the tip. I made a note of it in case I see it happen again, but in over 20,000 posts, that's the first time I ever saw that happen.

I know of three separate threads affected in the past week.
If there's some type of sabotage going on lately, as the link you posted suggests, that would explain why the frequency has increased.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It does work. I used it twice now since seeing Nunya's post last week.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It does work.
Well, yes and no.
It worked for one page, but once that page filled up and the thread went to the next page, the thread is still broken.
I made a post on page 14 and it is impossible to navigate to that page normally.

I suppose if ATS never fixes the thread, I might try that manual patch again but it doesn't seem like such a great "fix" if it only works for one page and the thread is broken again as soon as it gets to the next page.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

It does work.
Well, yes and no.
It worked for one page, but once that page filled up and the thread went to the next page, the thread is still broken.
I made a post on page 14 and it is impossible to navigate to that page normally.

I suppose if ATS never fixes the thread, I might try that manual patch again but it doesn't seem like such a great "fix" if it only works for one page and the thread is broken again as soon as it gets to the next page.

I see.
Went there and found it to be just like you said.
I tried that 'V' fix again... twice.
Didn't work.
The two new V posts showed up though.
I will try to post in it.
edit on b000000312021-07-01T15:09:32-05:0003America/ChicagoThu, 01 Jul 2021 15:09:32 -0500300000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Very strange.
I tried a test post to see if it would show up in the thread.
I thought that it didn't, but if I go to to the thread by using your last link to it above.... My test post is showing up there!
Like your link is a 'wormhole' to the thread showing current posts.

Once there in the broken thread, I tried going to page 1, and had no problem seeing page one... but going back to page 14, my newer posts are not there. But if I go back to page 14 using your link, there the newer post are again. Weird.
edit on b000000312021-07-01T15:15:44-05:0003America/ChicagoThu, 01 Jul 2021 15:15:44 -0500300000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Not that weird, page 14 does exist but all the normal navigation links ATS uses think it doesn't exist, that's what's going on. Page 14 has 5 posts on it now, so this theory "it takes a second or third post before it goes to the proper page, then it starts working again" doesn't seem to be holding up:

OK well the fix on page 13 was only temporary, now it's got 5 posts on page 14 and it's broken again. Can it still be fixed from this thread requesting a fix? Or do I need to submit another report?

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I just saw your post come up in the My ATS page, so I clicked it and it brought me here and I can see your new post. You may want to post an alert to at least make a mod aware that the problem still exists here.
Crap... I have COVID brain. I thought I was posting on the broken page.
I should go home... I am in no shape to be working this close to the end of the day.
edit on b000000312021-07-01T15:31:45-05:0003America/ChicagoThu, 01 Jul 2021 15:31:45 -0500300000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
I checked the thread after it had 6 posts on page 14 yesterday, and it still didn't work.
Today there are two more posts, so 8 posts now on page 14, and the thread is working.
I don't know if the 7th or 8th posts somehow fixed it, or if someone at ATS manually intervened to fix it. But either way it definitely took more than 2 or 3 posts on page 14, before it started working again.

If the thread makes it to page 15, I suppose we will see if that breaks it again or not.

new topics

top topics

join