It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus bill amounts similar to bills arising from massive solar flare fallout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The magnetosphere protects most life on Earth from the Sun's UV rays. Activity in the Earth's core is directly related to the strength of Earth's magnetic field and activity in Earth's magnetosphere.

Researchers say that Earth's magnetic field has been shifting rapidly over the last couple of centuries or so.

The topic of a "geomagnetic apocalypse" has been explored.

In a *Wired* article, we are told of National Research Council report which

describes the consequences of solar flares unleashing waves of energy that could disrupt Earth's magnetic field, overwhelming high-voltage transformers with vast electrical currents and short-circuiting energy grids. Such a catastrophe would cost the United States "$1 trillion to $2 trillion in the first year," concluded the panel, and "full recovery could take four to 10 years." That would, of course, be just a fraction of global damages.

That first-year estimation is similar to the amounts of the $2.2 trillion stimulus bill passed in the CARES Act in 2020 and the $1.9 trillion stimuls bill passed in the ARP Act this year.

If such a geomagnetic apocalypse occurred, there'd be massive disruption to our lives and infrastructure and untold amounts of damage.

How suspicious would you be if this was played down...or played up?
edit on 21-6-2021 by AT9S911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think I am missing something here. You are saying if you bought a hammer and nails for the same price as a tooth brush and toothpast, they can be used for the same thing?

They cost the same but no.

Just because they are spending the same amount does not make them the same as the money will be used up for what they supposedly spent it on. They then will need more for the other event when it happens.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Don’t worry after surviving the scamdemic a geomagnetic storm is nothing. Just kidding. We could go from a very advanced civilisation to a 10th century existence very quickly. Money would be the least of our worries. If you are lucky it would come in your late spring. That way you would have time to prepare for winter with no energy. But it’s always winter somewhere.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
I think I am missing something here. You are saying if you bought a hammer and nails for the same price as a tooth brush and toothpast, they can be used for the same thing?

They cost the same but no.

Problem is when we need hammers and nails, are promised hammers and nails, and are BUDGETED hammers and nails. Then Congress gets involved and comes home with hammers, toothpaste, game tickets, new cars, and everything but nails.

"Here's your stimulus" gets votes, "We really need to prepare for tomorrow" does not. So we'll likely do nothing until the next Carrington hits, then both parties will proceed to blame each-other.

My suspicion will be if Washington does find new religion on this, then uses the pending-catastrophe excuse to railroad through new surveillance and completely unrelated pork spending.
edit on 21-6-2021 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AT9S911

I don't know what are you worry about. No country government will be able to survive such a disaster . It'll be total anarchy the first years and eventually a restart from zero.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I've got five fifths of booze in the house. Maybe I should boost the stock a little in case the world goes crazy when people lose the use of their cell phones.

join