It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial Blacklisting: Wells Fargo Shuts Down GOP Senate Candidate Lauren Witzke’s Bank Account

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   
We had already heard that some banks and payment processers were denying the purchase of firearm related gear and purchases of things the left does not agree with, now they are simply shutting down your bank account without warning if you have committed blasphemy against the Progressive machine. I guess her social credit score dropped when she spoke out publicly about the sexualization of minors.

www.breitbart.com...

“Wells Fargo has shut down my bank account, taking all of my money and leaving me with a zero balance,” wrote Witzke.

“When I called Wells Fargo told me that it was a ‘business decision’ and that they have the right to close my account at any time.

Witzke has also been canceled by social media companies. She was blacklisted by Twitter in March for condemning the alleged sexualization of minors by Alok Vaid-Menon, a far-left “transfeminine” activist.

Pete D’Abrosca, a conservative activist and contributor to American Greatness, reported that his Wells Fargo savings account had been shut down — on the same day as Witzke’s.

edit on 21-6-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Ummm ya no. They can't just take her money as she claims.
They just froze her account and funds. Don't buy into that crap.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Hmm... seems like she wasn't the only one.

BREAKING: Wells Fargo Cancels American Greatness Writer Pete D’Abrosca’s Account Moments After Canceling Lauren Witzke

nationalfile.com...

Former U.S. House candidate and current American Greatness contributor Pete D’Abrosca found out on Tuesday that Wells Fargo had cancelled his savings account “with no explanation.” The news comes immediately after Wells Fargo closed the account of America First activist Lauren Witzke, leaving her stranded out-of-state with no money.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Shouldn't be legal to "Freeze" funds of people you politically disagree with. Absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Banks can close your account, but they return any money minus any fees owed. However the Feds can freeze your account for money laundering etc, or the IRS can put a lien on it.

Something is up here.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Shouldn't be legal to "Freeze" funds of people you politically disagree with. Absolutely ridiculous.

But it is, the agreement you sign off on when opening an account gives the bank the right to close your account without notice or reason. Political viewpoints aren't protected, thankfully, then every low grade moron would fight to make their viewpoint the one we need to follow.

edit on 21-6-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Cooking spirits since 2007

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Can't wait to see if they were actually contributing to something shady via those accounts, or are caught up in a fraud situation.

Or it could just be banks being #ty, as per usual.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I assume the bank will mail them a check for the balance. Being a private entity, they do have the right to do this, and if folks share this info with others of like mind, perhaps more folks will decide to do business with a better bank. Customers also have rights and they can take their business elsewhere. who knows, maybe going woke, and being broke is really a thing.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
...perhaps more folks will decide to do business with a better bank.

Or maybe start a new bank. If there are that many disaffected people than there is obviously a market demand for a 'non-woke' bank.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Believe me I sure don't like to defend a bank. I know she had all those drug issues, didn't she say she used to work for drug cartels? Maybe there was "suspicious" activity. Who knows but I'm sure it's in the terms of service.

Also, she doesn't have a pack of Ramen noodles in the house so she could eat dinner? She claims she was immediately without food and someone had to help her out.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They closed her account and mailed her a check for the balance. End of story. For whatever reason they decided not to do business with her. She complained that they did not overnight her check. Well, she has it now. Non-story.

Fool around with banks and they kick you out. Not politics, just business.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Also, she doesn't have a pack of Ramen noodles in the house so she could eat dinner? She claims she was immediately without food and someone had to help her out.

It always sounds more compelling when you over embellish to that level of ridiculousness.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Havamal
They closed her account and mailed her a check for the balance. End of story.

Yeah, not really something to be concerned over.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Political viewpoints aren't protected, thankfully, then every low grade moron would fight to make their viewpoint the one we need to follow.

Seems like that is what's happening anyway.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   
/

originally posted by: butcherguy
Seems like that is what's happening anyway.

Is it? Who's viewpoint is mandatory? Last time I checked both parties are reeeeeeeing like usual.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Political viewpoints aren't protected, thankfully, then every low grade moron would fight to make their viewpoint the one we need to follow.

Like what is already going on with big tech?

Shrugs…

A person shouldn’t be “shut out” nor “canceled” because they exercised their right to free speech.

Businesses at a place of employment I get. Everything from disrupting work to employees don’t have the right to speak for the company.

If there was “illegal” activity, the account should have been flagged and left open to conduct an investigation.

But refusing services because your exercising your free right to speech in a way not related to the business refusing services is a dangerous precedent.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
A person shouldn’t be “shut out” nor “canceled” because they exercised their right to free speech.

Free speech being restricted is only when the government gets involved. If people don't like this they can leave the United States or start their own business that caters to people of a like mind to them.

Everything else is just whiney bitchery.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Free speech being restricted is only when the government gets involved. If people don't like this they can leave the United States or start their own business that caters to people of a like mind to them.

So people can be targeted because they exercised a right? And there is coordinated effort to silence a group.

So. If a business found out you voted, they can deny you services?

edit on 21-6-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   

So people can be targeted because they exercised a right?

Yup. Deal with it.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Ok. Elected officials through political ties are using personal relationships to conspiracy to silence the free speech of political opposition.

Ties to the government for ya.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join