It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nerds Assemble! Question About The Loki Series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Ok, I was never a super huge marvel comic fan and gravitated towards DC in my younger days so I am not up to speed on the whole power structure in that universe and have pretty much only watched the MCU movies for reference.

So, the wife and I are watching the new series Loki and this question has me stumped. In this last episode, they are going to Earth to find the "evil" variant Loki. Why would they not arm themselves with infinity stones since they have so many that they use them as paperweights on their desks at the TVA?

It would seem to me that if you are going to travel to a place that they would work, they would be the ultimate weapon to use to subdue a powerful threat such as this.

Any answers?

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Loki unravels what the MCU spent all those movies building.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I would think taking infinity stones with them would cause damage to the time line.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Any answers?

Disney is terrible at following continuity or a logical plot for existing properties it acquires. Just look at star wars and what they did to 30 some odd years of expanded universe stories.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

The "problem" lies with Marvel and started with the Ultimate reboots in the 1990s. Disney and the MCU are much more coherent than the comics themselves.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 03:03 AM
link   

As Loki himself observed, TVA seems to be a power greater than the Infinity Stones.

Like the Civil War series, there is an essential philosophical question here: do we have free will (the stones) or is everything predetermined (the TVA)?
edit on 21-6-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Refuse all twisted Disney versions and Marvel will be less confusing for you. Marvel is enough complex by itself, which is what it makes it good.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

Well it's not like marvel comics were really that great period. Always preferred Dark Horse myself.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Everyone has free will, but everything that is going to happen has and will have already happened in the sacred timeline because time is a construct used to explain a certain point in spacetime.

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

As Loki himself observed, TVA seems to be a power greater than the Infinity Stones.

Like the Civil War series, there is an essential philosophical question here: do we have free will (the stones) or is everything predetermined (the TVA)?

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Refuse all twisted Disney versions and Marvel will be less confusing for you. Marvel is enough complex by itself, which is what it makes it good.

Marvel Studios is still controlled by Kevin Feige since 2007 BIM (Before IronMan lol) so...I don't think it is Disney's fault. If you read the comics you would know that Kang is the next big bad and that the Infinity Stones are a Mcguffin even in the comics.
edit on 21-6-2021 by MiaBandetoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

The Infinity stones are Universe specific. There was a Marvel/DC crossover book where Thanos and Darkseid met. Thanos tried using the Infinity Gauntlet in the DC universe and it wouldn't work.

I can only assume that the stones may not work while at the TVA since it's outside of the regular flow of time.

top topics

join