It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthrise - is that Africa or South America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The original image/images is/are quite blurry. It's also very cloudy.

In clearer versions, I have zoomed in and turned my device around. After turning the clearer versions anticlockwise, I think the landmass to the right (what would be "the bottom") is...Africa? At first I thought it was Australia until I zoomed in and then I thought it was South America. But I have concluded that it could be...Africa?

What do you think?

I'll try to upload some images when I can, but the ATS website seems broken most days that it's a wonder I was even able to post this thread!

edit on 20-6-2021 by AT9S911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AT9S911

I don't know why, but the problem occurs when trying to upload a .JPEG file.

If you remove the ' E ' from the file extension name, then you can upload it as a .JPG

Regarding the land mass you're referring to, I'm guessing Australia, but I haven't actually looked at it very closely yet.

ATS Direct Image Link 1

ATS Direct Image Link 2

ATS Direct Image Link 3

ATS Direct Image Link 4

edit on 6/20/21 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Yes I too think it's Africa. On the east, the Red Sea is visible and on top would be the Mediterranean Sea.

At first I thought it might be S-America but the Gulf is bigger. I think it's Africa.

A map to play because one might be tricked by memorized country sizes
thetruesize.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Can I ask a silly question. Where do these images come from being as they're taken from on or by the moon?

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I think definitely Australia and China.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Did you read my OP?

It does indeed actually appear to be Africa. The body of water to the left appears to be the Atlantic, with a bit of what appears to be South America to the left, it would appear...

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

It's Africa, the northern coast of Morocco, Straits of Gibraltar leading into the Med, Western Sahara (a disputed territory on the Atlantic coast) and the Sahara Desert itself, these regions are visible and unmistakable. I'm a map and satellite nut, it's not Oz/China, whichever poster said that, come on. How does no one recognize the HUGE glaring tan swath of desert that is the Sahara on the upper right-hand side of the planet?? It's Africa, period, the tan south edge of it is the Western Sahara disputed region along the border of Mauritania (also in the Sahara) Tilt the image, it fits. The rest of the visible continent lines up as it should.
edit on 6/21/2021 by Nyiah because: clarity

top topics

join