It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vancouver Just Removed All Sports and Honours Programs From Schools Because of Equality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   
So, you think you guys got some nutty # going on down there in America in schools. Just learned, Vancouver, up here in the Great #e White North has just banned all sports programs within the Vancouver school district, because, and I # you not,

“they do not comply with the equity and inclusion goal of ensuring that all students can participate in every aspect of the curriculum.”

Yes, now, because some people can't play sports, nobody can play sports.

nationalpost.com...

For the same reason they will also end all coaching services for those students who show special skills at hockey, track and field, wrestling and ping pong. “Sports competitions are an especial plague,” said one staff member who demanded to be kept anonymous since everyone would think (he/she) is a total moron, “because in every one of them two or three participants always end up in the winner’s circle, while others are either left in shame at the back of the pack, or worse still have to sit them out in the bleachers cheering on their ‘superiors.’ “

I mean, damn, i'll admit, i was terrible at a lot of sports, doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the few I did enjoy and really, winning or losing didn't matter all that much. It was fun to win, but even losing a good game or match could still be fun. Especially if it was tense and down to the wire. Hell some of the best sports matches I played in, my team did utterly terrible, but they were fun to play.

He/she/ze elaborated, “It simply is not fair — and therefore deeply at variance with equity and inclusion goals, which are after all the only true purpose of education — that young people who are already good at some things, who are faster, stronger, quicker than others, are allowed, even giving special training, to get better.”

Some people are better at some things than others. It's an objective fact you can't escape. Those same kids that are terrible at sports may be great at computers, or art or music or math or any number of things those sports kids aren't and there's nothing wrong with that. That's life. The kid that's terrible at sports may never win a trophy but the football star may never win an art competition. Everybody's good at different things. This everybody needs to win at everything' mentality is ridiculous. Nobody's good at everything period.

I may also report the board is having a very hard look at chess clubs and the beady-eyed little brainiacs in them who are always sniping and sneering at the checkers community.

Actually, nevermind, even those kids that have never scored a touch down in their lives but who can checkmate a mofo in 10 moves are hooped now too.

They’ve chopped the math and science honour courses to increase inclusivity. Increase inclusivity by subtraction of what is to be offered. By the logic on offer here, this enlightened board should also be tossing overboard all courses that attend to students who have more difficulty learning than others. Under the sacred injunctions of D. I. E. anything special must go; anything special by definition “excludes.”

“By phasing out these courses, all students will have access to an inclusive model of education, and all students will be able to participate in the curriculum fulsomely.”

In one fell swoop, sports, honours programs, gifted students programs of all kinds gone because 'equality'.

To finish with the most Canadian # in the article:

If a young Wayne Gretzky were attending a Vancouver school today they’d make him wear a knapsack of cinder blocks while on hockey practice lest he “outperform” other kids and make them feel “excluded.” If Ramanujan (look it up VSB) were there they’d take him out of math class and send him to the gym.

Anyone ever read Harrison Bergeron? Cause that's the future we're heading towards.
edit on 19/6/2021 by dug88 because: Harrison Bergeron's a bit obscure. Figured I'd save people the trouble of figuring out what the hell I was talking about.

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Jesus H Christ, this is beyond retarded, you Canucks are not supposed to look at America every time we do something mind-numbingly stupid & say "Hold my Molson, brah!"

If someone can't handle not being cut out for the god damn volleyball team, then they might as well just get off the meatsack ride right TF now, because life's full of You Ain't Cut Out For This, Kid at all points. You either deal with it, or you fold. Choose one, whiny asshats.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Jesus H Christ, this is beyond retarded, you Canucks are not supposed to look at America every time we do something mind-numbingly stupid & say "Hold my Molson, brah!"

If there's one thing the Canadian government's good at, it's looking at all the #tiest things other governments do and being like 'Nah guys you're not doing it right.' then proceeding to show them how it's done.

I miss the days when I could look down at the bull# in America and feel smug superiority. Now I just look at it and I'm like, oh yeah wow you guys ain't seen nothing yet. I guess that's still smug superiority, but of a different #tier kind.

Canada's just gotten real #ty over the last 10-15 years or so.
edit on 19/6/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Now ain't that ridiculous. This equity business is really going off the deep end. Some people are natural athletes or scholars and most are not. That's just life.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   
So next will be the music programs, some can't play instruments. Then the art, some can't do that. Then the libraries, some don't like reading and it is not fair to them that others read books.

The ones in charge are so stupid that they can't see the differences in people. They are trying to force all to be the same.

Stupidity, the greatest pandemic of all.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Stop the planet. I want to get off.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Even worse with reading and writing and math. Some literally cannot do them because of specific learning disabilities. So inclusion says we should make sure no one can so the differently abled do not feel left out.

Lord help me but my son has one of those specific learning disabilities. He may not be able to write, but good lord can he do paired nunchuks!

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I'm not too familiar with Canada. Does this mean no sports scholarships to help with college tuition and books?

I don't get it. Having one bar set for all students means the bar will have to be set low. This seems like intentional sabotage for the future.

Or are all nations doing this so that in a decade or two when no one can qualify for important jobs like the medical community, the jobs are outsourced to maybe the Chinese or India?

I can't seem to understand the purpose of this. Not one bit.

edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: I'm NOT familiar with Canada. I keep leaving words out by accident.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: EdisonintheFM

I believe there is a great prophetic documentary called Idiocracy. You may want to look into it.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This clearly exposes those who made this decision as patent racists. Their position is that "negros are too stupid to compete with white folks."

This is always my go-to explanation of who are the real racists and how they think.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   
For the record, Vancouver has had "woke" mayors and councils going on maybe 10 years now, I mean laughably woke. They are all about "public consultation" except they already have the people hired, jobs contracted..there is NO public consultation. They announced the other day, a 500-1000 levy on new vehicles..if not hybrid or electric. Also a parking tax/levy, for parking in front of your house, you already pay plenty of taxes on. I would never move back to Vancouver.

This new program..or lack thereof is not at all surprising.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Instead of discovering each child's potential ...

We will play whack a mole and send every student down to the lowest common denominator.

But wait, why don't the parents do something!

Because they too, went down the road of the lowest common denominator.

And so the world turns.

Too many people believe this ...

I will give you a hint.

Be the hero yourselves.

P

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
... Anyone ever read Harrison Bergeron? Cause that's the future we're heading towards.

I will confess that while I don't feel like Harrison, I do often feel like his father. It seems the world that I live in is populated with idiots. I'm not saying that I am above average, but In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   

China has a different problem brewing. A movement called "Lying Flat". Basically, the adherers goal is to be as least productive to the nation as possible. But that's a subject that probably deserves it's own thread.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I watched the trailer before.

That's how I watch most movies.

Maybe this is a move to replace the workforce with technology. Machines, computers, robots...humankind will be like those in Wall-E.

link   
This Is really taking it too Damned Far!
You do realize that Now the great USA will get
A sniff of this and will absolutely have to one-up
Canada!
When will this BS end?? How far will it go??
What about kids that have Special Ed or Tutors?
Will they next cut that all out because that may give them an unfair advantage??

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Instead of discovering each child's potential ...

We will play whack a mole and send every student down to the lowest common denominator.

But wait, why don't the parents do something!

Because they too, went down the road of the lowest common denominator.

And so the world turns.

Too many people believe this ...

I have been saying for years that the US's educational system is not the failure that many think it is. It is a signal success! It has accomplished exactly what it was designed to do.

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Fake leftist "compassion", which is just virtue signaling, again, with the real objective being to reduce the work required of the teachers, but keep the salaries the same.

I have heard too often from twentysomethings that they resent/refuse to work like their parents/grandparents.
Fortunately, I have managed to transfer my wife's and I intolerance and scorn for such laziness to our own sons.

Should be standard operating procedure for all parents...
edit on 19-6-2021 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Idiocracy is one you might want to watch several times all the way through, the whole movie. It basically explains all the things happening.
edit on 19/6/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I will.

I keep seeing that reference in a lot of threads.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join