It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Owner, Can You Create A New Forum?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Let’s look past the exclusion factor and do straight up technical aspects:

A forum in which threads have an authorized participant list upon creation and I will assume moderator accessible to add or remove upon thread creator’s request. (That whole edit window thing)

Does the thread author have moderator powers for that thread? The ability to OT or Manner a post for example? Would such actions show up in a member’s history if staff have to do an account review? Under what criteria should a member meet to have such powers? Could a member petition staff to be added to the participation list? Why or why not?

And the for the esoteric part: Why can’t this level of gate keeping be served with a blog that allows comments (that can be deleted by the owner of the blog)? Isn’t it pretty much the same thing being asked? Of course there are limitations to “promoting” your own blog on ATS

Honestly, I can’t understand segregation when the idea is community involvement to receive all viewpoints. The broader the field, the deeper the depth...or something like that. But there still is an ignore feature, only instead of a button and five slots (more if you spent the points) it is unlimited so long as you have self control. As a member, there are entire forums that I ignore. Pretty sure I never started a thread in Comics and doubt I have posted to one either. And I even like Comics and have read quite a number of originals like Hulk and Spider-Man 1-10 from the 60’s.

I can’t speak for ownership, but it is a pretty big ask and is rather contrary to the spirit of ATS.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join